Grens

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Re: Grens

Post by Sexacutioner »

early games were more fun because there were no rules in them, and most players who started ee when it came out just continued to do what they did in aoe, i got ee because it had multiplayer and looked just like aoe which is the same reason most early players got it too

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

How is gren wars not the least complex setting on EE, and therefore the most likely to become extremely boring with repetition? Explain. I don't think you can.

uIwehFx wrote:ben55 just did a good point. It is just backing me up , this topic is a huge one. Why ? Because you can argue about it , when can you argue about soemthing ? When noone really knows.
And thats just it, noone is in the position to judge over a set, for the public community

empire2
Basic Member

Post by empire2 »

ben55 wrote:empire2, wes only beat skynet 1v1 with mass at, and skynet is terrible at 1v1 he is good team player, but 1v1 he isn't very good. he also did flamethrower no settle rush that had about a 15% success rate, so i don't even know what you are talking about yea wes is a good liga player, but he wasnt a top tier player at mod tl trust me i played with him all the time, but then again i didn't expect brilliance from your next post after reading the last few just keep on exaggerating and playing devil's advocate to grens it is quite amusing to read =]

as for gren, why the fuck is this topic 7 pages long holy shit are people really that dense, bias or whatever they believe gren is on par with out settings? ya it has it's challenges but it will never be other setts in terms of depth and complexity it can't be it never will be stop trying to argue otherwise you just look stupider each time this topic grows in pages.
Yes and where exactly did i state that wes was THAAT good at mod tl? All i stated was that he was able to beat most of them which isn't hard at all.

That's the whole problem. Guys like you don't think about things, they just represent their opinions until the very end without giving it a chance. Your so stuck on your opinion, it's sicken me.

I have played a lot of setts when i was active on EE and our clan hasn't lost a single clanwar out of 20?(I can't remember the right number anymore to be honest)
Liga, pre2nano, mid sh, indy dm, indy sh, mod tl, mod sh, indy tl the setting didn't matter.
Liga and pre was not really different to the todays liga and pre. But i think everyone agrees when i say that the liga players the days 2003-2005 were just way better than they are today , averagly.
Your saying the liga players were averagly way better years ago = years ago their was a HIGHER standard compared to nowadays.
I really do not agree in this. Liga and pre didnt have a high standart years ago.
On the other hand your stating Liga did not have a high standard years ago?

I will just take myself out of this case by now. It's senseless to argue about it since it has never lead anyone to a wise solution.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

empire2 wrote:
ben55 wrote:
empire2 wrote: he was able to beat actually everyone by trying new strats such as super anti tanks + siege only
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I don't know but you just went from everyone to most of them. You need to stick to your guns man especially if you are going to call other people idiots. Or maybe you should take some of your own advice and think things through a little more, but that might hurt your head we wouldn't want that.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

Why are we arguing about how pro pro grenwars players were 6+ years ago? I don't buy it, but whatever the case, grenwar as a sett has sucked for the past few years now yet half the ee population continues to play nothing else.

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: uIwehFx

Post by uIwehFx »

Elite wrote:Why are we arguing about how pro pro grenwars players were 6+ years ago? I don't buy it, but whatever the case, grenwar as a sett has sucked for the past few years now yet half the ee population continues to play nothing else.
So you wanna say that all the guys are idiots ? It is not your turn to say what people should have fun with ... sry

sMLsIzE
Novice Member
Lobby Username: sMLsIzE

Post by sMLsIzE »

Grenwars is killing the game and what EE stands for ... Perhaps if half of the community that only play grenwars would play other sets maybe more ppl would come back. Thats what I think and grenwar becomes boring after time ... Why dont you guys try to play something else for a bloody change and use other strat , EE got more to offer than a one unit noob training game . :roll:
Perhaps I look sML but beware I know Kung Fu.
"Gentlemen, there will be no fighting in the War Room!"

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

I'll say whatever I want. My argument is that gren is the least complex sett on EE, very boring and repetitive, and its popularity is detrimental to the game. So far your only standing counter-argument is that I don't have the right to make my original argument. I can state my opinion, and attempt to convince you of its validity. I think my opinion is widely shared...so stop playing devils' advocate defending a game completely unworthy of the effort.
uIwehFx wrote:
Elite wrote:Why are we arguing about how pro pro grenwars players were 6+ years ago? I don't buy it, but whatever the case, grenwar as a sett has sucked for the past few years now yet half the ee population continues to play nothing else.
So you wanna say that all the guys are idiots ? It is not your turn to say what people should have fun with ... sry

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: uIwehFx

Post by uIwehFx »

I never said anything against your opinion, i said you cant judge for the community what people should like , when you think its boring , then you think its boring , not the community. Thats all i said, these people who play it have fun with it.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

He is saying(probably) the majority of the community think so, not just him, and he is probably right I would bet at least 75% of the people using the lobby don't care for grenwar.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger »

It's annoying seeing 10 games in the lobby and half of them are grenwars. Sure people can play what they want, it's just hard for me to understand what could possibly be so compelling about massing 1 single unit every game. Where is the skill? Where is the diversity and adaptation that makes EE a great game?

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Okay sorry for bringing up this topic again, but was browsing the forum yesterday and found this topic made by Apple Pie (SSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPP!??! :D) so I read the whole thing. Since I read the whole thing I wanna make a reply to some up some of the impressions.

Lets start off by clearing off one thing since most got this wrong. Grenwar was the offspring of the Indy SH no s/r/hc and was neither "invented" 9 years ago (wtf there was no ee then lol) nor 2006/2007 (I expected ghost knew this :o) It was sometime in 2004, and I can even prove it was around at this time if I have to. It was in 2004 I founded Hmm clan, that played grenwars. Reason people started playing it was that the inf player on the wing often decided who won an indy sh no s/r/hc game. So whenever 2 equal players were against each other they sometimes asked pockets not to help so it was just inf vs inf. It was pretty much a contest in seeing who could make the most in the beginning. As you can see from the beginning of this topic, it wasn't much in the start. It was, however, pretty fun to develop the gren strats we know today. And it's a rather big confusion Death invented this, and even those "old" gren players u mention, weren't around when it began. Some of the people who were around though were infitos for example (remember him the most). At the time SynTaX (Heros leader with Steve O) was pretty much the best at the gren making, but I cached up with him and at a time I had the best 10-15f11 gren production. All of a sudden Mortal came out of nowhere and changed grenwar. He simply added micro, which none of us had really seen before haha :P (XxLsize was mortal's trainee, same with Death). Nobody really made 60 grens in 10f11 either, unless they got lucky in a gren race. In the beginning of grenwar we were all NOOBS, make no mistake. Im sure all the liga players could beat the crap out of us. We did get better though and by late 2004, NO liga players couldn't just go to a grenwar game and own us all. For example I remember a clanwar from Hmm where we beat ViE in indy sh no rules. I don't know much about the history of liga, but I know BE and ras were some of the bests.

Before u say gren must be boring etc etc, you cannot deny it's one of the most popular "setts" through the ee history, so it has to contain some fun! I sure found it fun at the time of developing the strats we know today, and I even enjoy one occationally, but when I have mastered the sett and been one of the bests, you wanna move on and try something new.

Statements about grenwar players never made it past grenwar and always suck etc, well I really don't concider myself a noob anymore eventhough my period of becoming good in EE lies in grenwar. My skills in mod dm (which I always played) were improved much later.

So I guess I am defending grenwar a bit :)
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

EpIc
Basic Member
Lobby Username: [RoK]_EpIc_

Post by EpIc »

Edit:deleted the first part reread it and it just look like I was boasting like crazy and didnt want to do that sorry :(....
So after all that blah blah blah yall didnt want to hear lol. Its not that grens make noob players. Top players just don't like the rule they want to play the game the way its ment to be played micro hard and fast or die hard and fast. Newer players play grens because its easier to pick up on one unit to worry about can copy the strats/build orders of other players and be good. Were as other settings you got many strats many build orders. Liga has gren wars all time spain vs spain on wing same micro as grens but if you get ecoed bad or are loosing on economy throw in a sword cav or two or a tank and you turn the tide of the game(gotta love counters <3).
As far as skill level in the past. I'd say that how I've played in past couple years. My old self would stomp my ass in the ground 100 times over. Thats mainly because players now play casually back in the golden days of EE what I think Empire was talking about. Everyone played for purpose it was 1v1 train train train be best best best. So was hardcore all the time. When you train and play 30 games a day you will be better than if you played casually; like me for example I play 10-15 games a week and disappear for 6-12 months at a time(never will be at my best again) but I play for fun now not competition. I'm getting to young for competition *whistles* :P....
At the same time you can't hate on the new players because there isn't 1000 pro gamers playing EE anymore. Time will change everything. Players from past couple years don't remember guys from before then and these players now won't remember them. It's a cycle and it will never end. Just get on have fun with w/e you want to play if you want to learn then ask around if no one answers keep asking someone will I promise.
Last edited by EpIc on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

hmm the mod dm guy was probably energy... he somehow had the passwords for all the old mod dm'ers, but nobody really knew he tag then lol.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

EpIc
Basic Member
Lobby Username: [RoK]_EpIc_

Post by EpIc »

Could of been lol he didnt zook arty though it was the base defense start you know what i'm talking about all the different strats lol. He owned me pretty good though in 1 game then was good long games in other 2. Don't mind loosing at all to good games :) very fun.

Return to “EE General Discussion”