Greetings from an SSSI Staffer

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Philla007
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Philla007

Re: Greetings from an SSSI Staffer

Post by Philla007 »

I am soo amazed by reading this, this is really interesting.
Tell me, how are random map scripts made? Do you still know anything about that?

Eqqman
Novice Member

Post by Eqqman »

Richard "Methos" Bishop was the head of the multiplayer group and worked out the format for those with the programming team, I wasn't involved. So he was also behind testing out any of the default scripts that would have shipped with the game. I may have never even opened up one of the scripts to look at it just out of curiosity.

Philla007
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Philla007

Post by Philla007 »

I see, well okay then.
Anyway, me and my team would really like to have you with us on our Discord server if you wish. So you could share your EE knowledge and experience with us if that is not a secret. xD

=IA=
Forum Noob

Post by =IA= »

Hello Eqqman

Thank you for your work! I really enjoyed the Campaigns in Empire Earth in my childhood and still boot up EE from time to time for some nostalgia cause of those :)

Eqqman
Novice Member

Post by Eqqman »

Thanks IA! Always amazes me how long-running some people's enjoyment of a game can go. I've gotten comments on my original Age of Empires work as much as 10 years after the fact.

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Eqqman wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:30 pm
I don't have too much I can say about the AoC campaigns since we didn't complete them. There's an interesting YouTube video out ('Rise and Fall of Empire Earth') that kind of implies that we just had a meeting one day and decided we were too excited to start EE2 to bother doing the expansion. This was totally NOT the case, some (and I would also go so far as to say, many) of us absolutely wanted to do the expansion and we had in fact already started content on it. I planned out the American campaign and I presume Gordon Farrell planned out the Roman one, I have no idea now who did the Space one. We only got as far as planning out the scenarios on paper and didn't fire up the Editor, so our materials were passed along to the expansion company to use as much or as little of as they liked. I played through the AoC campaigns once on release just to see what they did with our ideas and that was it. I don't remember who might have had the original idea of putting Novaya Russia into the Space campaign, but it certainly would have been a great opportunity to make that campaign a direct sequel to the Russian one. Once you open up the time travel box all kinds of possibilities are available.
Just looking for some clarification, when you say that you planned an American campaign, was your intention that it be built as a multi-epoch campaign going through American history? Or was your intention that it be World War II focused like how it appears in the final product?

Eqqman
Novice Member

Post by Eqqman »

Yes, the US campaign was just WWII. The expansion was always going to have less epoch coverage than the main game, but you've got swords, guns, and lasers, so the key highlights are still there.

Return to “EE General Discussion”