GR(Game Ranger) is god awful.

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Re: GR(Game Ranger) is god awful.

Post by AEnima »

Captain Nemo wrote:enigma's strategy was mostly going swords with x bows and siege. Easially defeated with ca+balli or knights+balli but a big loss with swords. I do doubt most of them could withstand a good swordslut. You wouldn't kill them instantly but you could mass much quicker, get a fast hero and own them that way. Not saying it'd work every time tho.

BC the time u describe u came to aoc is pretty much same as I, maybe I was a couple of months later. But I played with enigma, icestorm etc a few games. You're better off massing swords with trebs on wing and ca with balli in pocket most of the time, but many strats can work out.
Swords + Trebs > Ca + Balli.

DrHouseMd
Banned
Lobby Username: DrHouseMd

Post by DrHouseMd »

Nemo I honestly dont remember you playing AoC when me and calv were playing. I could be wrong, but i can honestly say the games with baron, promethus, pyro, buttfreek, engima, icestorm ect ect you werent in. Sorry bro. I could be wrong, calv confirm or deny my statement.

AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Post by AEnima »

Nemo never played with AoC experts.

DrHouseMd
Banned
Lobby Username: DrHouseMd

Post by DrHouseMd »

Yeah I figured as much.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

I never said I played much, due to my different timezone it was very limited but I did play games with some of the names in mention there. I don't remember playing vs calv either. Not saying I was ever one of the mid sh gang, but I tried it.

sword+trebs own it in very late game, but it takes some time to get the trebs going cause u have to swap ress. Ca+balli with a hero and zeus is VERY strong with decent micro.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

lol wut how did i miss this.

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

Also, Balli and trebs can both be very effective late game supplements to your army, the question of which is better is really decided by pop. Swords + trebs is not that great with 178 pop because you simply can't make enough siege for it to be really overpowering, even if you pull off a boom with treb attack/range/fire rate in civ. Ballistas are much more powerful in low pop games obviously because of area damage and smaller enemy forces to contend with.

High pop games, trebs become alot more effective because once you have 30-40+ the lack of area damage isn't that big of an issue, you can micro large numbers of enemy balli from outside their range and micro enemy heroes - and you can remove multiple enemy production buildings in seconds.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

yeah u missed it... sorry :P
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Post by sporaTiK »

Looks like i missed this too. Anyway i agree that the great aoc'ers who used expan could hold a slut civ. If you play an expan civ like a slut you can almost keep pace with amount of swords in early game... plus with morale range as well as towers... you can hold easily enough until your expansionism really pays off. I played back with all those players mentioned even though i wasn't good compared to them back then.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Expan can hold slut no doubt if you're good at it and arent playing too greedy.
The crap cobra was talking about with Engima is just bullshit.
Also I wud never play expan like a slut civ. MAX 9 on iron when I do Lion's sword civ that Omega told me about (with hunt in it). Playing expan civ agressively without h&f is just stupid imo.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

Only a retard with expan civ would lose to a slut civ, otherwise you might just suck with expan so like dont use it ever again plz

_thor
Lobby Username: pM_Thor

Post by _thor »

AEnima wrote:
DrHouseMd wrote:I dont think anyone from that era is around still, moslty because of the truely abusive mods and admins.
You
Me
+ me

/rollcall
pM - Legacy
{Sauerkraut>}I love you: boom or rush this is the uesatinoin , i love shakespearei

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

Vanguard middle 4v4's. And then Hobojoe introduced pf pocket sword, which basically ruined aoc middle.

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

I don't play mid sh alot but I have never seen anyone use pf swords in pocket.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Elite wrote:Vanguard middle 4v4's. And then Hobojoe introduced pf pocket sword, which basically ruined aoc middle.
I'm prolly far over my head here but I'd imagine "pf sword on pocket" did nothing to the Mid Sh scene since it has a 1/50 win ratio over CA-pocket. Not to mention when wing or pocket goes knights.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “EE General Discussion”