i tryed much reli mix civ in mid but this work best in my option
Peaz
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Re: Knights/Reli Middle sh civ

Post by taco »

out of all ur mixed civs, this is the "best one" hate to call it what it is but its a fail civ. a decent sword slutter would of thrashed ur civ based on ur inability to create enough knights intime. this could be fixed by either having btd on buildings or btd on knights. ur gold will also be hurting as u want to make an early prof which costs quite a considerable amount of food and gold early game, where it could be used for fending off a rush instead. last time i checked profs weren't a 1 stop shop for countering ca.

Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

Post by Eisregen »

i use this civ in 4vs4 normaly and i never had proplems with anysword rush.. if i know some 1 rush i njust use mor cits for stables/towers..
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

i was thinking okay 3v3 civ, definitly not a 4v4 civ.. haha reason being any1 who has swords will have strong swords, any1 who has ca will have strong ca any1 who has knights will have strong knights. etc. u do not. u have rather weak knights, too weak/slow building to be a good counter for a wings sword rush, im unsure as to how to better ur civ without taking away the purpose of u building it, "profs" but i honestly think they are causing u more trouble with ur game then help, early on.
since were talking 4v4 im presuming its a pocket civ and therfore ur wing will take alot of heat while u wait for that prof to do some damage, hopefully enough to make up for the damge done to him.
ur civ doesnt have a focus/its focus is to wide for a 4v4 civ.

Eisregen

Post by Eisregen »

taco the point is i use profets in my army and this made it very powerful 1 good malaria and enemy's army is dead, u dont need use this civ i just post it here if some1 wanna try it cuz i always like new civs and its much more fun for me play with crazy civs.. and if u make no mistakes u can win with this civ vs nearly all other civs..
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

i c no point in posting random shit civs. i can c the point in posting civs ppl think to be good and generally would receive either good or bad criticism, thus every1 learning from it.
my apologies if some1 asked for a shit knight/reli civ and u are only here to supply it.
i would be very careful in depending on prophs so much. its so easy for it to simply not work(being malaria) or your own proph to be used against you.
"if you make no mistakes" in simple terms, its impossible to not make any mistakes. theres always a slightly better way of doing something, you have SO MANY variables its just going to happen, whether its your building placement, choice in mines, didn't rally ur hippo close as possible to ur cap, let a unit die.. its just stupid even bringing it up. fuck if u make no mistakes u cant lose without a civ. ur micro would be god like etcetc.
/end rant about eis being retarded.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Eisregen wrote:taco the point is i use profets in my army and this made it very powerful 1 good malaria and enemy's army is dead.
lol taco he got a point here, he used malaria on my major cav army once and 2 balista's did the finishing touch.. :\.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

im not saying that prophs arnt good, or that they can dramatically affect the outcome of the game, you will however find reasons in my above post as to why a proph rushed with knights is a doomed strat, malaria is very glitchy as to the radius it affects. sometimes doesnt even effect the ppl within the targeted radius, given it works and u HAVE bali to back it up yes it will temporarily fend off a ca player(but there are much more effective ways in doing so without chewing through a rather large sum of resources early on. relying on reli as a 1st point of call is not only stupid but completely takes away the trick aspect of using reli, making it alot less useful then it could potentially be.

once again my arguement isnt against reli, its against the timing, large number of resources sacraficed early on. stone, wood, gold food. overall ur about 600+ resources behind ur enermy starting off, while u wait for ur proph to charge, the proph is useless. will this early proph make a much bigger dent in the enermies resources is my question, losing 600 resources at the start is about the equivilent of 1500 resources at 10f11 this is the damage ur looking to inflict when the proph is charged. will it make this much damage i dont think so.

Eisregen

Post by Eisregen »

i think u take this all to serious, its a funny civ when i see u in a mid sh game i will fight u hard with this civ :mrgreen:
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

It might be fun to play with, but I like serious games more without people in my team using this civ lol.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

i understand funny civs, however i find it fucking rediculious(yes i swore, u might actually pay attention in this thread this time as ive told u, and i beleive ak this b4) to post stupid gimic civs for other less experienced players who dont know any better to be at a disadvantage b4 they even play.
for the record im back to not playing ee as i have very little time working fulltime, parttime uni and living on my own. but i am a betting man and id put a fair amount of money that i would be top 10 in under a week of returning(hell a couple months ago i played 10 games and was as good as the top aoc mid players)
if YOU KNOW ur civ is just for the novelty purpose of switching it up, giving yourself a disadvantage i ask you to put it in the title so others may not misinterpret your civs to be anything half decent.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Well no need to come back, much retarded civ users lately :).

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Terrible real civilization. Sub-par in all situations, although it's better in some than others it does not make it good in any respect.

However, I think this is probably fun "goof" civilization if you're already an expert and bored out of your mind. Then again, the only reason it's a "good" goof civilization is because it's so excessively bad--you've got units that are weak as shit, you've got massing and towering ability that's really slow, and you're wasting a ton of resources on prophets that aren't even going to be used to their full potential against your opponent because you NEED to use them against your opponent's army and get lucky to even survive, and thus they will have a surprise value of zero. I'm sure it's difficult compensating for all of those disadvantages, making this civilization keep things interesting.

Any decent player should be able to more or less instantly topple a player using this civilization, because it's just that bad. At the start, there will be too few knights, a prophet that can't do anything remotely useful, slow towers, and to top it off the knights will be weak as shit. It could be crushed with swords pretty easily, even from pocket-to-pocket (if the opposing side has double swords) making you fall to double swords, because let's be honest, you can't protect your economy with this civilization and any decent sword player is just going to kill all of your citizens (and the prophets--assuming you don't just entirely ignore protecting your economy with your knights and use them to speed glitch your prophet(s) to safety, which of course still looses you the game) and then finish you off. If the other pocket has CA, you're even more screwed because you still can't protect your prophets that cannot do anything yet, your towers are ineffective at preventing any kind of economy raid against you, and you have too few knights that are too weak to do anything even if you had more of them--you're going to get crushed early on, and there's nothing you can do about it. If your opponents inexplicably leave you alone for long enough to actually allow your prophets to do something, it's a bit more difficult for them but not terribly, because your victory in any kind of army engagement is entirely dependent on landing malaria--they just need to be good enough to separate their army into 3-5 groupings and while keeping them in the same general area and on the same targets, separate enough that a single malaria is only ever going to take out one grouping maximum, meaning they have more than enough intact firepower to beat your army into oblivion handily.

Return to “Joke/Bad Civilizations”