Old timey ee and aoc player here checking in

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
purdeous
Forum Noob

Old timey ee and aoc player here checking in

Post by purdeous »

Hey everyone, I was Purdeous The White One, I played for a lot of clans I think the most notably would be Krimson, I did a lot of Mid SH but was also in a lot of Indy TL and Mod, remember messing around with pre-nano or Space Race matches but most of my time was spent in Mid SH from years 2001 - 2007 or somewhere shortly after EE2 came out, I remember being a little kid on there so I'm sure there are some players who considered me notorious for aggressive Mid rushes and unmatched cav micro, I recall having to smurf a lot or else I'd get targeted and countered or ganged up on which is fair I remember being the best. I loved that game and when EE2 came out I remember all of us really feeling like the game devs let us down and truly werent even playing their own game or at least not on the level that the online community was. This game taught me a lot, you guys taught me a lot, and I have never met an online community as tight knit as we were, I wish I was old enough at the time to know how to have maintained the friendships and relationships I built there because it truly was a better social outlet than going to school every day was for me and I was never able to keep in contact with any of you after AoC. Today I'm 30 years old and I still think back at AoC as my favorite RTS of all time
purdy
purdeous
purd the turd
im sure i had sooo many smurfs that some may know me better as but i cant remember them

its somewhere in storage but I still have my notebooks with all my builds and what to do with your starting citizens and boom timings

purdeous
Forum Noob

Re: Old timey ee and aoc player here checking in

Post by purdeous »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJBQ0NnoYCM[/youtube]
here is an action packed yt I posted 15 years ago, I wish I could make out the names but its too pixelated, I'm sure there are some of you in this video for sure regardless of your preferred game-type I did it all

purdeous
Forum Noob

Re: Old timey ee and aoc player here checking in

Post by purdeous »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XPCFGsjizE[/youtube]
this was actually the yt link i meant to post, this one should feature a bunch of ya

a few guys in the comments from back then too, one even mentioned me leaving clan Krimson for clan Soldier, sheeeesh today is a nostalgic one

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”