Mid dm

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Re: Mid dm

Post by taco »

very hard to lose grens to drags, especially with the drags AI being somewhat retarded...

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

depends on map size. With full morale/hosp u may be able to fight off grens for some time and use speed to your advantage in ecokills. Also, if it should happen the grenplayer attacked with too little force, he cannot run away from the battle and will lose all his army. Im not saying that the grens will lose when equally skilled players meet nor anything near that, but Im not saying bombers/marines should kill a zookrush either. Im just saying that even with a counter you'll have to play it decently in order to win.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

OREO
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: OREO

Post by OREO »

I would dominate you all in Mid DM or Mod DM :lol:

By the way: Hello everyone, I miss you :mrgreen:
ФЯ₤ Ф et Anubis

Warrior_Kings Chase
Basic Member
Lobby Username: vg chase

Post by Warrior_Kings Chase »

OREO!!!!!!!!!!! wats up man? i miss u lol :)

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

OREO wrote:I would dominate you all in Mid DM or Mod DM :lol:

By the way: Hello everyone, I miss you :mrgreen:
Oreo!! How's life mang? Get your arse back on EE over break, join teh 1337 party.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Captain Nemo wrote:no peow I did not have counter, u had counter to me. Because your zookrush was such a bad one and u failed to mix in some aa and/or fighters you lost. AA aren't supposed to beat the crap out of bombers at all, that would make air useless. The balance is good. I spent a heck of alot ress on bombers the game vs u peow, probably around 5k iron/gold, and don't tell me u spent the same amounts on aa nor anything near that and u did not control ur stuff well. It's like grens kill dragoons in indy, but if you don't handle your grens well enough u're gonna lose to the goons.
So wait, you're telling me that anti-aircraft arent supposed to be able to shoot down aircraft?
Seems like a pretty poorly thought out theory, there, bud.

Lawl, you're an idiot if you lose grens vs. drags..

And yeah, i don't play Mod DM because it's fucking retarded.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

peow130 wrote:So wait, you're telling me that anti-aircraft arent supposed to be able to shoot down aircraft?
Seems like a pretty poorly thought out theory, there, bud.

And yeah, i don't play Mod DM because it's fucking retarded.
AA guns are actually balanced. Same with bombers. Deal with it. The balance is quite even and fair, but AA guns don't represent as hard a counter to bombers as say is the case with Imps versus Grens. Fighters, on the other hand, are a much harder counter to bombers--then again, that doesn't mean AA sucks vs bombers, because it's still a counter and a damn good one, just not a hard counter that makes bombers unplayable.

Peow, I agree that you're an idiot if you have grens and loose against dragoons. However, it's certainly possible for it to happen if the dragoon guy plays all his cards right, and the gren player isn't that good--hell, in the case the drag guy is a LOT more skilled than the gren guy, the drags can win more than 50% of the time. The same is true of zookrush vs bombers... Bombers are drags in this scenario, and zookrush is grens. You're an idiot if you lost in that scenario, and yet, it's becuase there was a massive skill differential, meaning you're not quite such an idiot after all. I'm sure you could rape a guy who was grens with drags if you ended up with 1.5x the amount of drags he has grens, all level 10 vs his lvl 0 grens, and him attacking you where you've got 4 bars of morale and in the range of a hospital, yes? Same thing applies to the mod dm analogue. You sucked and died. It doesn't mean bombers are imbalanced any more than drags would be imbalanced in the situation I just mentioned. Deal with it.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

In my opinion, i feel that as you said before, Anti Aircraft guns don't represent as hard a counter as they should.
Which makes them appear to be unbalanced to me.
But hey, i don't play mod for a reason, anyways.
WW2 is where it's at.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

peow130 wrote:In my opinion, i feel that as you said before, Anti Aircraft guns don't represent as hard a counter as they should.
WW2 is where it's at.
Read Omega's post again. He doesn't say they SHOULD represent a harder counter than they do. He says they're balanced. If you think they're not balanced thats ur business but don't make it sound like omega also thinks they should be a harder counter.
U're also an idiot if u lose zookrush vs an airstart

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

My bazookas can't attack planes so they lose all the time to air starts.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Captain Nemo wrote:
peow130 wrote:In my opinion, i feel that as you said before, Anti Aircraft guns don't represent as hard a counter as they should.
WW2 is where it's at.
Read Omega's post again. He doesn't say they SHOULD represent a harder counter than they do. He says they're balanced. If you think they're not balanced thats ur business but don't make it sound like omega also thinks they should be a harder counter.
U're also an idiot if u lose zookrush vs an airstart
Hey, i said it was my OPINION. I read omegas post thoroughly.

Yeah? You werent an airstart, you were my counter. Marines vs. Bazookas.. Marines kill bazookas easy. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. You made air after i started making arty. I didn't make flak, and didn't care. You made AT and Tanks, and Marines. A definitive counter to my poorly-executed Zook/Arty rush.
It's also my opnion, that you're an argumentative dickhole. But hey, do i say it often? No, because that would be rude. Enjoy arguing with my opnion? Because it won't get you anywhere.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

u know very little of mod dm if u think marinestart will kill zook/arty. Also, I did start air but as I have no btd for bombers they take very long to build and my marines were simply out faster eventhough I started with airports. besides, only civsup for inf was range, so u can hardly say I "went" marines. And without any btd on any units it's hardly a counter to any kind of rush.

if u read omega's post thoroughly then maybe it's your own post u didn't read. Omega didn't say the counter wasn't hard enough like u tried to make it sound like he did.
In my opinion, i feel that as you said before, Anti Aircraft guns don't represent as hard a counter as they should.
I can only assume "you" is omega as he wrote the last post before yours. I guess u didn't mean to include him in the "should" part, but well u did...

Again, your opinion is your business Im not commenting on that

I'd also like to add that when doing a zookrush u will have to adapt to conditions if it should work every time. That of course means that if u're vs air instead of clicking the bazooka every time u also click the stinger which is the weakest aa u can get but strong enough for a rush. I may be completely wrong in my assumption that u would know to add this unit when u see air... Countering a zookrush in mod dm includes doing alot of stuff that is not easially performed and there are only a handful of people out there who have actually taken my zookrush down, and trust me none of those people used bombers and ALL had btd.

Of course marines kill bazookas but mod dm is no rock paper scissor crap. u have artillery that can kill marines alot easier than they kill zooks. Zooks build alot faster than marines and, I may be wrong, but I think it takes a marine at least as long to kill a zook as a marine. this actually means that pure marine/art loses to pure zook/art. marines costing iron isn't even included in that.

Also. If AT, tank, AND marines all counter zooks I really wonder why u went zooks in the first place since Im having a hard time figuring out what they, in your opinion, actually counter!

Yes I am enjoying it thanku

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Okay ill go into the scen editor and pit 10 zooks v 10 marines. How much do you want to bet the marines will win.
AT kill arty, so do tanks..
So, mod doesn't have a rock paper scissors balance? So you admit it isn't balanced? Cool, glad you agree. Now move on.

Didnt read the reast of your essay, but ican only assume it stuff like "zooks cost gold" "marines dont counter zooks" "blah blah blah my pussy hurts"

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

peow130 wrote:Okay ill go into the scen editor and pit 10 zooks v 10 marines. How much do you want to bet the marines will win.
AT kill arty, so do tanks..
So, mod doesn't have a rock paper scissors balance? So you admit it isn't balanced? Cool, glad you agree. Now move on.
Wow. Just wow.

Bazookas build a shitload faster than marines. You're making bazookas as one of your main units. He's making marines as a purely supplemental unit. You've got Artillery, which is your unit that ACTUALLY KILLS THINGS, not Bazookas. Somehow, I doubt that this situation is in ANY way similar to 10 bazookas vs 10 marines.

As for rock, paper, scissors balance... If you think rock, paper, scissors is the only way to have balance, as explicitly implied by your statements, then you've obviously never seen the vast majority of good, balanced games. I'll just take one example... Chess. Please explain to me how Chess is balanced on the concept of rock, paper, scissors. Hell, it should even be obvious to you that although EE has elements of RPS balance in there, that's clearly not all there is. If RPS was all that existed in EE, it'd be a relatively boring piece of shit.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

in reference to ur chess to paper sissors rock.
u have 3 kinds of players:
-Positional guy. A solid player with a great positional understanding. Maneuvering, finding the right spots for his pieces, creating minor weaknesses – that is his cup of coffee. Unless he blunders something, you will most probably end up being strangled by his powerful chess grasp. Example: Kramnik.
-tactical guy. Hot, impatient, “attack-attack-attack.” He likes sacrifices, open positions with lots of tactical shots in the air, double-edged games. Always aims for the king, often succeeds, sometimes ends up in a wrecked position and down material. Example: Chigorin.
-Calculator. A universal player who is a nerveless killer trying to find the best move in every position. He sees very many moves ahead and uses this to his advantage. Traps, tricky combinations, unpredictable moves. Oops, where did your knight go? The only problem for such people is that they are not chess engines. They still make mistakes, their calculations are not always perfect. Example: Kasparov

as you can see chess does relate to paper sissors rock, and those 3 famous chess players and the way in which they do further supports this notion.

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”