never realized how annoying...

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
Zeus
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member

Re: never realized how annoying...

Post by Zeus »

voted by who? look who voted for it. supeir majority my ass. it was voted by forrum leaders. they should have an option poll come up when people log on...so new users can see. ive stated this argument before..next we will be taking out custom civs so people cant hex...and take away town centers so people cant do hero glitch...grow up. the game lasted 10 years with reporting eco glitchers.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Zeus wrote:voted by who? look who voted for it. supeir majority my ass. it was voted by forrum leaders. they should have an option poll come up when people log on...so new users can see. ive stated this argument before..next we will be taking out custom civs so people cant hex...and take away town centers so people cant do hero glitch...grow up. the game lasted 10 years with reporting eco glitchers.
Oh, you mean like a lobby popup that forces people to vote (or at least pick a vote later option) before they do ANYTHING else in the lobby? Also known as, exactly what we did when we ran the poll?

Perhaps you should grow up, and actually check to see if your statements are factually correct before you go around making them, as well as bothering to understand issues that have a ton of public discussion on them, such as say, why custom chat was removed. It's been publicly and explicitly stated about a million times exactly why it was removed, and there was even a vote on it awhile back...

Furthermore, if you haven't noticed, ever since this lobby has had a Terms of Use (~2 weeks after it launched), the multiple heroes glitch has been legal.

P-51
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

That still does not make taking stuff out of the game the right thing to do. There is no reason why people can't just do the math and report eco glitchers like before. If people are too lazy to do elementary math and take a couple pictures then they deserve to be playing with glitchers. It does not justify ruining the game just to save a few people the time it takes to report the glitchers.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

I miss tribute screen too, but I do remember Omega spamming me on msn for me to vote and since I was so busy at the time, and didn't play EE I didn't vote :( . My own fault. Tributes are a huge factor in DM, especially since u, in aoc, and leave out metallurgy and do tributes with partner instead. In TL it's no deal at all (almost) and most here probably play tl and/or SH where all u do is give those 100 away in beginning.

We DM'ers are outnumbered, and I believe it's actually fair to remove tribute screen for the benefit of the majority. I've caught my share of chaters and it isn't always as simple, and especially not with this new server system, to catch one and prove it.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Zeus

Post by Zeus »

to be honest..with so few people playing..how much does a few eco glitchers effect you?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Prior to the patch which removed tributes, rampant cheating was taking place across multiple settings. Some such as Grens, Mid, Mod TL, and even Pre, saw a lot more than others, but all the others got their fair share of it as well (this includes Liga *cough*for you Think, if you ever read this*cough*).

Some players called for a tribute glitch fix because the current anti-cheating measures weren't enough, and it resulted in weeks of voting, testing, more voting, and more testing. It just so happened that after the final vote, we stuck with it. Unfortunately, it affects more settings than the others. All setts are still very playable, but just require some adapting. I know this isn't exactly what some people want, and for that I apologize. Just think of it as a different way to test your skills.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

ben55

Post by ben55 »

P-51 wrote:That still does not make taking stuff out of the game the right thing to do. There is no reason why people can't just do the math and report eco glitchers like before. If people are too lazy to do elementary math and take a couple pictures then they deserve to be playing with glitchers. It does not justify ruining the game just to save a few people the time it takes to report the glitchers.
Complete ignorance. After about 25f11 it is near impossible to catch someone cheating(eco glitching) if they have a double digit IQ.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

flurbaturb
Basic Member
Lobby Username: arsekakes

Post by flurbaturb »

Deal with it.

8)
Forums Expert and Honorary Chief Administrator

D55
Lobby Username: D55

Post by D55 »

maybe you could make a delay on the tribute screen , i feel like a delay wheil hitting the tribute screen will help prevent eco glitchers especially if you can some how make it a random delay each time. just a suggestion if anyone hasent thought of it yet

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

If there was another way to do it in order to limit the amount of squealing everyone does, it would have already been done.

Zeus

Post by Zeus »

I am however curious as to how many people voted for this change..like the exact number. I'd also love to hear what sets they play. I'm just saying obviously a small group of players who now hold majority can do whatever they want.
Multi hero glitch is legal now? are you kidding me lol? Do you take into account any other sets other than tl and sh when making changing rules? thats just like the fantas crusaders swords , the excuse i saw was that it take up too many civ points: Well maybe for sh it does but in a dm game although the civ wont be as packed if the right person uses it, it can ruin a game.
To be honest, i don't care what you have to say in response to this post. I didnt post in the Request features section or whatever because i was simply stating my opion and starting a discussion as to how i felt that it was 'annoying not to have the tribute screen.' But once again, as i have observed on here over and over anytime something is posted that goes again any of 'leaders' opions, must be shot down and made to be found as a stupid and unbelievable post.
Do you get satisfaction starting arguments on here? i was stating opinon and you went balls out on me. Every single person in my set hates the trib screen not being there. And I will call for a revote come winter-break when we are all back, don't you worry. We will see then who holds majority.

ak_47
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ak_47

Post by ak_47 »

Well, zeus, im sorry to say this but i have to disagree, I am glad that the screen is gone.
It has stopped all the "subversive economy glitchers" and also i dont have to calculate the gamestats every time i suspect someone is glitchingin sh/tl anymore.
Also making a thread on the forums and banning a potential cheaters is.... Ancient habit nowdays(with the tribute screen gone).
I do have to agree that taking off the tribute screen has eliminated the Economy cooperative play and made it more battle team-play oriented.
But anyways Zeus, during the time you where gone/unactive, i've played sh/tl and noticed that there's alot of greedy ppl, who doesen't care if they cheat just to beat someone, they just wanna brag about the win and thus the trbute screen had to go. It was to eliminate the uncertainty that the player who you are vsing is not glitching small amounts of resources(and gets away with it).... now the only way to cheat is by using trainers and dectecting trainers is not hard.
If you wanna play with the tribute screen, just uninstall the patches and only keep the direct connect patch. then you'll get regular EE/aoc with out the changes.
in 1v1s the tribute screen is useless anyways, except for those who needs it for resource glitching.

Also infinite fana/ multiple hero, might be interesting for mid dm :D, imagine a richard + strategy hero :D, you could make a great use of the strategy hero's battle cry , it opens the possibility of creating a new playing style.(before the strategy hero was the most useless unit that you could create in mid dm).
Also infinite fana only works on ranged civs, its useless against knights/spear oriented civs.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Zeus wrote:I am however curious as to how many people voted for this change..like the exact number. I'd also love to hear what sets they play. I'm just saying obviously a small group of players who now hold majority can do whatever they want.
What setts they play? Well, considering basically everyone voted... I'd suspect the settings they play collectively to be everything.

438 people voted. If you look around, you can see exact breakdowns of votes for certain options, et cetera. It's all been publicly available since the get go.

So, my question to you is, which one is most accurate:
1) You didn't bother to look at any data even though it's easily available, and then decided to essentially make shit up because you wanted it to be correct.
2) You consider a supermajority of the entire community to be a "small group of players", even though it's clearly not.
Zeus wrote:Multi hero glitch is legal now? are you kidding me lol?
It is. Where have you been?
Zeus wrote:Do you take into account any other sets other than tl and sh when making changing rules?
Yes. Do you realize how little impact allowing multiple heroes actually has? It's not like until very late in the game, and very late into when banning started, that it even became illegal, and before that it was so uncommon you basically never saw it. If it was seriously that good, people would have used it.
Zeus wrote:thats just like the fantas crusaders swords , the excuse i saw was that it take up too many civ points: Well maybe for sh it does but in a dm game although the civ wont be as packed if the right person uses it, it can ruin a game.
It can only ruin a game if you allow the person with it, who has a SEVERELY gmiped civilization, enough time to actually overcome how gimped they are. If you do that, you deserve to loose. This is true for TL, SH, and DM.
Zeus wrote:To be honest, i don't care what you have to say in response to this post. I didnt post in the Request features section or whatever because i was simply stating my opion and starting a discussion as to how i felt that it was 'annoying not to have the tribute screen.' But once again, as i have observed on here over and over anytime something is posted that goes again any of 'leaders' opions, must be shot down and made to be found as a stupid and unbelievable post.
I haven't had any problems with people disagreeing with my opinions, but I do have problems with people who are using bullshit to justify their opinions. You've said basically nothing factually correct about the decision to remove the tributes, despite the facts being easily accessible. I'd certainly be correcting people who wanted it removed if they claimed some bullshit like 100% of the community wanted it gone, or anything else that's clearly bullshit. You have the right to your own opinions, and I don't have a problem with that, but you don't get to have your own "facts" too. The facts are what they are, and trying to deny that is dishonest and not helpful in trying to reach a good decision. The reason I'm so intolerant of bullshit is that people make better decisions when they actually have the facts, as opposed to when they have "facts" that are complete bullshit and demonstrably incorrect, and I think it's in the interest of the community for people to make informed decisions about issues (based on real information, not misinformation or lies).
Zeus wrote:Do you get satisfaction starting arguments on here? i was stating opinon and you went balls out on me. Every single person in my set hates the trib screen not being there. And I will call for a revote come winter-break when we are all back, don't you worry. We will see then who holds majority.
I'm not arguing with you. You were stating blatantly false shit as a reason for your opinion, and I corrected you on the blatantly false shit you were spewing. The tone of my correction was well deserved based off of the tone of your post, and the fact that you were being so lazy and arrogant that you seemingly decided you'd just make shit up and it would be true, without any need to take the minute or so required to check its veracity. Let's dissect the entire bit I responded to...

"voted by who? look who voted for it. supeir majority my ass. it was voted by forrum leaders. they should have an option poll come up when people log on...so new users can see. ive stated this argument before..next we will be taking out custom civs so people cant hex...and take away town centers so people cant do hero glitch...grow up. the game lasted 10 years with reporting eco glitchers."

"voted by who? look who voted for it. supeir majority my ass. it was voted by forrum leaders. they should have an option poll come up when people log on...so new users can see."

Well, that part is bullshit because it was clearly a supermajority, you thus clearly didn't look, and it clearly wasn't voted on by forum leaders. We also clearly had an option poll came up when people logged on so everyone could see, including new users.

"ive stated this argument before..next we will be taking out custom civs so people cant hex..."

This is bullshit, too. There would be a similar vote on such a change, and there's virtually zero chance of ever getting a super majority on it.

"and take away town centers so people cant do hero glitch...grow up."

This is where I pointed out how much bullshit this is too... Hero glitch has been legal on this lobby basically forever, the fact you didn't know that really only serves to show how minor of an issue the glitch is (i.e. it'd be way more likely to remove custom civilizations due to hexing...) and how oblivious you are.

"the game lasted 10 years with reporting eco glitchers."

The game hasn't been out for 10 years.

Reporting glitchers also hasn't been going on the entire time the game was out.

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

I can't understand Omegas dispassionateness. He's explaining the same stuff again and again. Just because some idiots still didn't get the point. A decision has been made by the save-ee lobby members and that's it. get over it or quit this game.
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Zeus wrote:I am however curious as to how many people voted for this change..like the exact number.
Poll results after initial testing
viewtopic.php?p=15823#p15823

Final poll results after continued testing
(used question #2 from above poll, and asked for a first and second preference)
viewtopic.php?p=16221#p16221

Yes, each vote was cast by a different person. I have records of the votes, usernames, IPs, and some other criteria, all of which were checked for an existing vote before they were even shown the vote screen. After completion of the poll, we even scanned for duplicates and removed them.

If you want information on previous polls, which may include data on what settings people play, you can check for previous topics in the "Announcements" or "Patches" forums. The results from the 2 links I have given are, as Omega stated, from all players (and with some deductive reasoning, it could accurately be stated that collectively these players play all settings).

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”