NUKES!

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: NUKES!

Post by Omega »

Captain Nemo wrote:My point in this fukushima discussion is though, how big a disaster was it really?
On a relative scale (relative to other nuclear disasters), it was considerable!

On an absolute scale, it was fairly trivial.

---

As far as radiation goes...
1) Heat and Thermal Radiation (i.e. Infrared radiation) are not necessarily the same thing (although sometimes, heat is used to refer to thermal radiation). If you confuse them *cough* black cobra *cough*,you don't have any idea what you're talking about. (Hint: One is a form of electromagnetic radiation, and the other isn't)

2) There are two types of radiation. Ionizing, and non-ionizing. No one gives a shit about non-ionizing radiation, such as say, infrared radiation, or, *gasp* RADIO WAVE RADIATION, or even worse still *gasp x 10^3* visible light radiation from a negative health impact standpoint (ESPECIALLY in the context of this discussion), and the reasons should be obvious.

3) Science. It's good to know.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

yeah after my post I was grocery shopping and thought to myself maybe when d-dog says heat he means infrared radiation which is EM as megs pointed out yes. anyway does a vent make Infrared radiation? (Im sorry Im not familiar with ur ways of heating ur homes over there, no IR heating here anyway)
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

d-dog
Lobby Username: Cold Fusion

Post by d-dog »

Captain Nemo wrote:Allright read it, nothing surprising there. Yet it states a dose of 250-500 rads will kill u in like 7 weeks and according to your map the entire yellow area is "750 rads". What kind of concentration is that?

And Im still counting on u to find a deathcount of the damage from the Fukushima for me (those who died from radiation).
Seriously, wtf am I reading here. "Radiation kills cells" "dose of 250-500 rads"
Wtf are you guys talking about, radiation doesn't actually exist in the physical world. It's more of a concept. Heat is a type of radiation, hence, why 'heat' doesn't technically exist. We do observe the effects of heat transfer from temperature rises/falls until thermal equilibrium is reached though. But 'heat' is just a form of energy transfer (radiation).

Basically what you guys just said was 'the way energy is transfered can kill you'. Which means absolutely nothing.

But to answer your question, "750 rads". What kind of concentration is that? I don't know, a 'rad' isn't a unit of measurement. Unless a 'rad' is kind of like what they do for hurricans and shit, "category 5" etc, which I think is just a ballpark range of what the wind speed is, and some other factors. They don't say what they are though.[/quote]

When u say energy transferred do u mean from one place to another? Cause from what I can read here u don't mean from one form to another which would normally be the thing u mean when u say energy transfer. A stone flying through the air is radiation too then? It meets your requirements and if it hits u it will cause alot of damage. As with radiation if it hits you the energy it has will hit you and depending on the amount of energy it can damage you.

As for the stuff you said with heat from the vent you recieve as "hot" or something like that Im not sure u get what heat is. As you describe heat as something that is transferred in the air and hotness as something u feel well no its actually the same its the speed of molecules's movements. The molekyles outside your body move faster than yours in the body vibrate/"swim" and thus they "push" your molekyles in the body to vibrate more and hence raising the temperature there. As you may know it's hard for "flying molecules" (gas form) to do much with vibrating ones or liquid which is why the heat capacity of gas isn't very high. If you're thrown into boiling water the damage would be much more catastrocfic.

Ionizing radiation is not the same as heat, and causes different type of damage if u're exposed to high levels of it. Cell death from ionizing radiation may not even be the worst at least on a long term scale as cell mutation can cause cancer which might be a bigger concern to you.

My point in this fukushima discussion is though, how big a disaster was it really?[/quote]

Actually, when you throw a rock, radiation does occur in the process. The rock changes in temperature because of heat transfer from the friction in the air/air resistance. And yes, even your example of the rock flying though the air has energy, everything has energy. The flying rock is an example of kinetic energy and potential energy, when the stone hits someone elses body, some of its energy is transferred to that person via. But the physical process of the stone flying through the air is not energy transfer in itself, but how the rock interacts with things outside it's system is an example of energy transfer.

You are wrong on what you said about heat too. I pulled out my old thermodynamics book just for you bro.

Heat is Not a form of energy. The word heat is one of the most misused words in our popular language. Heat is a method of transferring energy, not a form of storing energy. Therefore, phrases such as heat content, the heat of the summer, and the heat escaped all represent uses of this word that are inconsistent with the physics definition of heat"

You keep saying heat is SOMETHING transferred. You have to get it in your mind that heat DOESN'T EXIST. And the 'speed of molecules's movements' is actually called temperature (this is pretty general tho, I wouldn't say that's all it is, but for the purpose of this discussion, it will stand) It's not the same thing as heat.
COLD FUSION COLD FUSION COLD FUSION COLD FUSION
BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_
D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG

d-dog
Lobby Username: Cold Fusion

Post by d-dog »

whoa, those quotes got messed up big time, ill fix later. w/e
COLD FUSION COLD FUSION COLD FUSION COLD FUSION
BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_
D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

it MAY be a misunderstanding due to me not being english. But as I understand it when u say heat u mean warmth etc. Heat is really the intern kinetic energy of molecules. And that IS a form of energy it is even used in the definition of calories. As 1 calorie is the amount of energy it takes to warm 1 litre of water 1 degree Celcius (or Kelvin). Hence it is ENERGY stored in the molecule's speed otherwise this wouldn't cost energy. Meh i really don't have to explain this too much its pretty common sense

As for my stone being radiation that is not true, but it was an example to tell u how ur definition was wrong. When u say energy transfer u still seem to get that wrong. It seems your "heat" is something that doesn't really make any sense

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Hmm I looked up heat on wiki now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat

I think I get what your point with heat is. It was a language barrier sorry for that. What Im referring to is more so temperature apparently, tho I really don't get how u make ur language work then but as u said heat is a misused word then :D And yes it is pretty basic with temp.

But the "heat" transfer as u say does make an increase in temperature, which is why I don't get why heat cannot be used for both but your language your rules!

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

Pictures speak a million words.

Welcome to the world of mutations.
Think D.N.A.

It's unfortunate that the "body bag count" is the universal measurement of recognition of a problem. Must billions die before awareness can be gained ?

>>http://www.kivitv.com/news/local/138006823.html<<

[youtube]PJ0_5X2mmrI&feature=g-all&context=G2ac3588FAAAAAAAAWAA[/youtube]
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator

Omega wrote:
Captain Nemo wrote:My point in this fukushima discussion is though, how big a disaster was it really?

I wouldn't consider this a fair or accurate statement
as it's now July 3rd, 2012
And Fukushima still burns.
Just sayin :|
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Always look on the bright side, at least they have a free city-heating-device. ;-)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Fraktardo
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: King Noobachadnezzar

Post by Fraktardo »

set em straight ddo
"fortune favors the butt pickers"

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

Omega wrote:

Oj, i dont saw this topic , so i post very lately

sry Omega, this wasnt faily trivial, Japan had luck , cuz the wind was right and blow to the sea
Fukishima was like Tchenobyl on scale, and u saw what happens

i say my reasons here for disable all Nuclear Plants

1.) a Nuclear Plant cant be safety , Earth-Quake, Vucanos, Terorrists, Humans Errors, Technical Errors, Air-Planes and so on, a desaster can be happen on each county of the earth, no one is saved

2.) the Nuclear Trash, no safety area for it, this Radioactive trash is for all our next generations and work for 10000's of years , also it can be used for Terrorist, etc

3.) The Uran is real limited, and in 50-80 years the cost for uran increased drastic, also u need more energy for get it , maybe u can only win 20% of the energy, so what senses is this

4.) the reason why all of Atomic-Lobby want Nuclear-Plants its cuz the Money, at moment its the cheapest way for they, when we spend more money 20 years ago in solar, wind ....., so this energies are much better today, but politicals are insects

5.) i dono if this is significant, warm up the rivers

i know for some countries like France, Japan they spend all in Nuclear-Energy is this hard, but realy, what count????

Fusion-Energy, sry , its waste of Money, better other Energy, we never can copy out sun

also i say turn out ur unneeded lights Tokio and Las Vegas

Prooost!

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator

January 26th 2013 And they still can't figure this out. Fukushima still burns.
Are you mutated yet ? O ya, nuclear power plants are great :thumbsdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lha_XRKy6jo

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

Trichome Indica wrote:January 26th 2013 And they still can't figure this out. Fukushima still burns.
Are you mutated yet ? O ya, nuclear power plants are great :thumbsdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lha_XRKy6jo
i know, but what u think about us, we can learn, lol, we have school and learn maybe math and physic and fuck reli, lol, but we never learn a sense for the future, why?, cuz we are get only few years old, ok, its a life, its real hard explain

edit: btw wtf is with tchernobyl?, lol, never its over cost all years more than 3% from all incoming, hahahaa, and never stop in 25000 years or more, fuck atomic lobby, its real a shame

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator

April 25th 2013 and Fukushima still burns. Is your hair falling out yet ?

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

no

Return to “The Basement”