I'm saying Hey Again!

Come on in and introduce yourself to the community.
miketwenty1
Novice Member
Lobby Username: miketwenty1

I'm saying Hey Again!

Post by miketwenty1 »

Empire Earth is probably one of my favorite RTS's of all time. I mainly played mod tl, mid sh, p2s and liga.. but more than anything....
mid dm no r/s (yes go ahead and make fun of me).

In 2002 and forward I primarily played AOC with very few exceptions. I was always amazed that people still played the original and it was almost like an entirely different group/culture of players. The TC (Town Center) civ power along with a couple others.. really changed the game for a few formats and I suppose it makes sense why people didn't like the change.

Would love to start playing it again. When Sierra took down their servers, I did for a time play on the community driven projects.

a couple times over the last decade or so I would get the urge to play EE only to run into technical issues involving the OS or lack of understanding out to setup my environment. I was wondering if Windows 10 is supported with the current setup. I saw some posts of people saying you need to run the OS in compatibility mode?

If so would love for someone to point to an entire doc/guide on setting up Lobby/game on a modern OS/hardware.
I saw this Youtube video but it may be dated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9vjLj5 ... =emb_title

Would love someone to verify first hand that they have this working on Win10 and all the steps from a clean OS to playing ee.
I really look forward to playing again.

Thanks in advance,
miketwenty1

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Re: I'm saying Hey Again!

Post by P-51 »

MID DM NO S/R IS FOR TRUE 1337 FOLKS

I'd like to get a few games up soon. Unfortunately my employer seems to think that because we are stuck at home it means we have nothing better to do than work all day. I'm usually on Discord either way though so we can try to arrange a time this week.

punisherTQ
Lurker
Lobby Username: punisherTQ

Post by punisherTQ »

Did y'all end up playing?

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Yes! And we're still around. Find us in Discord for future games.

Return to “Say Hey!”