Play saved games online with friends doesn't work pleasee help

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Joesoy
Lurker

Play saved games online with friends doesn't work pleasee help

Post by Joesoy »

Please help me with the following problem

I want to restore saved games but this doesn't work. When i load a saved game into the host game section and all the players are online, it shows 0% next to their names. We have tried everything but we didnt manage to get it worked. We followed the exact procedure to play the saved game. All of the players that were in the game are joining and the host is loading the game. But it keep sticking on 0% and nobody can click ready.

ElGuerrero
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: ElGuerrero

Re: Play saved games online with friends doesn't work pleasee help

Post by ElGuerrero »

Hello!

We have the same issue here.

We tried:
- port forwarding
- without port forwarding
- sending the save file to the other player (even if both machines already had the same file)
Nothing seems to help.

It seems like the data transfer should not be needed anymore (nor the port forwarding according to https://www.neoee.net/faq, even though we don't have the HostPingRIP.txt file in the installation folder) but somehow the game is not aligned with this new behavior..

NeoEE version installed: 2.0.0.5
NeoEE AOC version installed: 1.0.0.2

Fingers crossed that we could find a solution!

ElGuerrero
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: ElGuerrero

Post by ElGuerrero »

Update:
Having the port forwarded + sending the saved file from the host to the other player works! (I don't think having the ports forwarded is necessary anymore but I haven't tried without)
Hopefully this could be the fix for you too :)

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

If it's stuck at 0% it means that the host didn't portforward, or that the host has firewall or anti-virus program blocking EE from sending the file.

Some people are able to host the game but not load the save file, in which case sending the file to each participant could be a workaround if you're not able to fix this issue by disabling/making exceptions in firewall/anti-virus program. Of course this is a lot more tedious than the automatic process so I recommend trying portforwarding and making exceptions in firewall/antivirus.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “Support”