Can't get into NeoEE

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
stevemartis
Lurker
Lobby Username: stevemartis

Can't get into NeoEE

Post by stevemartis »

Upon trying to start Empire Earth (NeoEE). I first get a popup that states, "dreXmd has updated. Please restart the game to apply the update!" I click "ok", and another popup comes up stating, "Empire Earth.exe has stopped working" "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly..." and I have to click "Close Program." It worked prior to running the NeoEE patch. I cannot get into the game at all.

I'm running windows 7. I've uninstalled and reinstalled NeoEE several times. Each time I uninstall, also go in regedit and remove all mentions of Empire Earth, Mad Dog, AOC, etc that I can find. I'm running DirectX 11.

Windows Event Viewer states the following:
Faulting application name: Empire Earth.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3d8f43f9
Faulting module name: LOW-LEVEL ENGINE.DLL, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3d7fc01b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00006fe8
Faulting process id: 0x1688
Faulting application start time: 0x01da102bcac5e63f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Neo Empire Earth\Empire Earth\Empire Earth.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Neo Empire Earth\Empire Earth\LOW-LEVEL ENGINE.DLL
Report Id: 0c3c21d9-7c1f-11ee-bbcd-0025649c3782

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Edit: Tried uninstalling and cleaning registry with ccleaner and adding empire earth. exe to DEP exclusion list. Problem persists.

Edit: I couldn't get it to work so I uninstalled and then installed an older version of neoee that I still had a setup file for from a while ago. This older version works, so, for now, I'll stick with that.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Re: Can't get into NeoEE

Post by SlipKnoT »

There is a new support area here: https://discord.com/invite/BjUXbFB

Return to “Support”