Elmer Fudd ghosting

For more details on what is considered abuse or cheating, please visit this topic. Then, make a topic with the information we require (as stated in the guidelines).
Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Elmer Fudd ghosting

Post by Oldspice »

Well elmer fudd ghosted to get in my game, and played 1 game under whoopass's name before revealing who he was.

Also idk if this counts, but he is a massive lagger

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Elmer Fudd ghosting

Post by Omega »

Lag doesn't count, sorry!

Banned 72 hours for ghosting other players. =/

Elmer Fud
Novice Member
Lobby Username: «{Co}» Elmer Fud

Post by Elmer Fud »

OMG! Are you serious? You banning me for smurfing? Or wait, you call it ghosting. What's the difference? Really? And PS. I only lag every now and then. I wouldn't call it massive! I'd call Jossos being a massive baby though. I mean, really? I haven't reported anyone who has smurfed in a game I've played, ever! And Jossos has done it often. Why can't we all just get along? LOL

USOLA
Global Moderator
Xfire: usola
Lobby Username: usola

Post by USOLA »

ghosting is when u log on using another player's name and smurfing when u log on using a made up name.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Elmer Fud wrote:OMG! Are you serious? You banning me for smurfing? Or wait, you call it ghosting. What's the difference? Really? And PS. I only lag every now and then. I wouldn't call it massive! I'd call Jossos being a massive baby though. I mean, really? I haven't reported anyone who has smurfed in a game I've played, ever! And Jossos has done it often. Why can't we all just get along? LOL
The difference is pretty clear.

Smurfing entails using an unknown name, and possibly pretending to be an unknown/new player while doing so.

Ghosting a player entails using a known name belonging to another player, and trying to pass yourself off as that player. Ghosting can also involve the use of a name virtually indistinguishable from that of a known player in an effort to pass yourself off as that player.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Hah that is not me in that screenshot.. under ROK Phobia unless the screenshot is like 2 weeks old.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

If you look at the print screen it says 26 januari 2011. so it wasn't 2 weeks ago ;P
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “Report Abuse or Cheaters”