Walling other people's buildings still bannable?

For more details on what is considered abuse or cheating, please visit this topic. Then, make a topic with the information we require (as stated in the guidelines).
P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Walling other people's buildings still bannable?

Post by P-51 »

Player Name: (Zabijej) Tool

Abuse/Cheat: Walling my town center, prohibiting production.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1z2zhvt.jpg

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Re: Walling other people's buildings still bannable?

Post by Oldspice »

u cant make cits from any of the other town centers?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

So far I understand, is that walling enemy buildings isn't against the rules, aslong it's actually build. If you just make wall plots arround the enemy town center, which are invisible for the enemy. (Walls which aren't build yet.) then yes, that's bannable.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

LoL p51 got owned by a wall haha rofl :P yea if its a full wall then its allowed if its a fail wall what is half done then they have to delete it cus its not full wall :D
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Omega wrote a definition of this glitch once, and how to avoid it when walling someone's productive buildings. I think it was something with the responsible cit for building the wall must be within same screen as the productive buildings when the foundations are layed and must attempt to build the walls. If it fails, a foundation must be deleted.

This is not a cheat and is not banable, walls have been built.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

P-51

Post by P-51 »

I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying. This player was my ally, but he decided that he didn't like where I put my town center. So he built a wall around it specifically for the purpose of disallowing me to make citizens from it. Why is this allowed? What difference should it make whether the walls are built or not?

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Thought it was enemy buildings, sorry.

Difference is this is not a glitch, hence it is not listed as anything prohibited.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Well you did try to shack up in his base at 1f11 despite not having his approval. If had it had been later in the game, and I had just killed you and you were running away to survive and he did this, then it would be a dick move; still not cheating though. However it to me seemed like Tool was just responding to you not listening to him and leaving his base/not being an idiot.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Reporting Abuse

Examples of what is considered abuse:

Harassment
I believe this falls under "harassment".

ben55

Post by ben55 »

yes but you went into his base at the start of the game and used his mines.. technically you harassed him as well.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

We won't be taking any action on this matter. No glitching or cheating occurred.

I realize you feel it's harassment, but we're pretty lenient on in-game harassment and griefing mainly because it's virtually impossible to account for what happened in the game fully, and even more difficult to account fully for what happened in prior games, et cetera.

Even in this case, it's evident that you moving to your allies base could be perceived by your ally as griefing him, so he gave you a bit of grief to get back at you when you wouldn't GTFO. Then again, this could have been a prearranged strategy. We just don't know, and we can't know.

I'm not saying that we'll never ban someone for in-game harassment, but if we do, rock solid evidence will need to be presented, and the harassment will need to be something that rises to the level of ban-worthy and that isn't ambiguous over who was harassing who. This situation doesn't fit any of those.

The last thing we want is to set some sort of WoW-esque precedent where players are wondering if doing something perfectly legitimate in game, that was evidently intended to be do-able, will result in a ban. That's just shitty, and a way to guarantee loss of players.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

I didn't really do anything to him. He just saw me in front of his base ( he didn't even have a base actually) and started getting all bitchy and then put a ballista on my cits and then a wall around my TC.

But I get it though, he's your boy. If this were a normal person, not part of your elite group of faggots, then something would be done here.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

P-51 wrote:I didn't really do anything to him. He just saw me in front of his base ( he didn't even have a base actually) and started getting all bitchy and then put a ballista on my cits and then a wall around my TC.

But I get it though, he's your boy. If this were a normal person, not part of your elite group of faggots, then something would be done here.
Tool aint a part of their elite's lol.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

P-51 wrote:But I get it though, he's your boy. If this were a normal person, not part of your elite group of faggots, then something would be done here.
Incorrect on all counts.

But it wouldn't matter if tool was part of my "elite group of faggots" or not. For the same infraction under the same circumstances, you get the same punishment. Period.

I've told plenty of other players the exact same thing I posted in this thread, regardless of my feelings to the player doing the reporting and regardless to my feelings of the player who was reported. There should even be a few topics similar to this one in this section (or the Bullshit Topics subsection), unless they happen to fall within the ~2 month window of forum posts we lost awhile back.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

lightnessking wrote:
Tool aint a part of their elite's lol.
Not exactly, but he is part of the only other faction of EE players that have significant presence and the mods don't want to upset them. I guess I'll believe you though Omega, though doing this certainly was bannable back in better times. I'm not really sure how its ambiguous harassment though. A player build a wall around his ally's building. It seems kind of obvious.

Return to “Report Abuse or Cheaters”