Virtual Machine - Anyone looked into this?

Discuss anything here related to the large world of computers and electronics, whether you're asking for help, wanting to learn more, or just want to share some intellect with your fellow forumers.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Virtual Machine - Anyone looked into this?

Post by Arntzen »

So since so many are having difficulties with Empire Earth and Win10 (me included) I was thinking that using virtual machine might be a solution for Empire Earth tech problems now, and later down the line.

I'm not much of a computer-guy but the basic gist of it is with a computer with Win10 (or any other operative system) you can install VM and then have Win7 for example as well on the same computer. So on your new computer with Win10 you can open VM and play EE on windows 7.

Anyone tried this? Good or bad idea?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Virtual Machine - Anyone looked into this?

Post by Omega »

It's a bad idea. If you can get it to work, performance will be fairly meh. Dual booting windows 7 is a better option.

This is more viable to do if you're running linux, via GPU passthrough. Your CPU and Motherboard need to support IOMMU for this to work. You'll get almost native performance doing this. There are decent enough guides for various distros that can be followed. Linux master race.

Return to “Technical Discussion”