Sierra Chest Newsletter #6

Talk about other games -- past, present, and future -- in this forum.
Rudy
Novice Member

Sierra Chest Newsletter #6

Post by Rudy »

Hi folks,

Just to let you know i'm working on the 6th Sierra Chest Newsletter, which will be sent out in a day or two. So, as i said in an earlier thread, if you want to write a presentation/promotion for Save-EE, now is the time to do so. Let me know.

Rudy
Former Sierra moderator, Sierra Chest owner, Sierra games collector

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Re: Sierra Chest Newsletter #6

Post by SlipKnoT »

im not super with words. i do hope someone takes the opportunity tho

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Never had an amazing grade in any English class.. I was never quite the writer.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

Megstime lol
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Rudy
Novice Member

Post by Rudy »

You don't have to be Shakespeare to write this. Give a little intro about the game (for those who don't know EE), tell about how the project started, how many people are approximately playing, the maps, gameplay, anything that comes to mind. Provide a nice image of it to put between the text. Easy peasy.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Well i can list some ideas on what to write about it, but im not the persauvive type plus i cant write eithout spellcheck for crap

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

OK O_O lets see---> Empire Earth is a real-time strategy game that is fun for many people because of the diverse amount of game settings you can bash your enemies heads in with clubs or annihilate them with waves of B-2 bombers. Empire Earth is well suited for competitive gaming for example taking lock teams off and watching your friends backstab each other makes for a interesting match. Also for noncompetitive gamers it has user made scenarios and occasionally citybuilders from time to time. Although if multiplayers not your style Empire Earth has 4 campaigns and 3 more in the expansion that will give you hours of game play. the AI is easy to very challenging letting those few who like hard to beat computers some fun and those who want to win a chance.

^---intro o_o?
edit: feel free to edit it ._.
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

White Fang wrote:OK O_O lets see---> Empire Earth is a real-time strategy game that is fun for many people because of the diverse amount of game settings you can bash your enemies heads in with clubs or annihilate them with waves of B-2 bombers. Empire Earth is well suited for competitive gaming for example taking lock teams off and watching your friends backstab each other makes for a interesting match. Also for noncompetitive gamers it has user made scenarios and occasionally citybuilders from time to time. Although if multiplayers not your style Empire Earth has 4 campaigns and 3 more in the expansion that will give you hours of game play. the AI is easy to very challenging letting those few who like hard to beat computers some fun and those who want to win a chance.

^---intro o_o?
edit: feel free to edit it ._.
Edit* Its always fun to bash your enemys with clubs or perphaps poke them with Swords, Machine guns are always an option, but lasers also win.Don't feel like using guns or swords, send in a airstike of the bombers of your choice. Battleships are strong but i prefer Nuclear Submarines. If you hate tanks then fire away with your bazookas. Would you like to fight along side a fierce GreekWarrior? How about Napolean?

Rudy
Novice Member

Post by Rudy »

As i said, you don't have to be Shakespeare to write something decent but, honestly, my dog could write a better article than that.
I'm willing to promote Save-EE, in fact i already have done so for more than a year, and i admire the effort which goes into this site and server, but if you are going to ignore opportunities on a silver plate to promote yourselves, then i don't see no reason why i should promote it either.

Is somebody going to write a decent promotion for EE and SAVE-EE or not?

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

not sure if you have anything or not but since no one else is doing it i wrote something up
Attachments
Empire Earth.txt
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 347 times

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

On Monday November 3, 2008, at 7pm GMT, the WON servers, dedicated to the Empire Earth and Empire Earth: The Art of Conquest online game-play system, were permanently shut down by Activision Sierra's official announcement of server closings
Fortunately however, there was advance warning to the community and several attempts were made to develop a system to replace the official WON servers. A solution was quickly released in the form of a virtual-lobby Windows application, created by Nuckin Futs. This new lobby, which includes automatic game listings pulled directly from the game and many other features, was quickly adopted by the Empire Earth community as the new standard for Empire Earth and Empire Earth: The Art of Conquest online game play, and can be downloaded at the official home of Nuckin Futs’ Empire Earth Multi-player Lobby at Save-EE.com.
Save-EE has maintained a player base of players from around the world. As well as maintained a player base, there have been patches released to fix bugs in the game that were previously thought not repairable on the WON servers. Save-EE lobby utilizes the Direct Connect aspect of both Empire Earth and its Expansion. This results in most players being able to host. Unlike other game staging programs like Game Ranger, our EE lobby is fully functional, including a full lobby with which players can socialize before, during, and after a game. This results in players being able to fully enjoy their EE experience, like on the WON lobby.
The Save-EE lobby also has moderators and administrators, unlike the previous WON lobby, and other game staging programs. This has resulted in a player-friendly environment that any player can enjoy. The Save-EE lobby is currently the only game-staging program designed for Empire Earth and its Expansion. This means that administrators, moderators, and veteran players can assist you in most anything you might need help with.
The Nuckin Futs lobby is your answer to the dilemma of the WON server shut-down. With a friendly staff, and solid player base, why go anywhere else?
'
Thanks, BIN.
Attachments
EE page.docx
(12.07 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Rudy
Novice Member

Post by Rudy »

Much MUCH better. Thank you, Sexa.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

If it Isnt too late how about some pictures of the game?
Peow X Warrior go ._.!

Rudy
Novice Member

Post by Rudy »

Destroyer wrote:If it Isnt too late how about some pictures of the game?
Peow X Warrior go ._.!
Sure, if you have a nice screenshot of a battle in the midst of a base or something, that'd look great in the article.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

Return to “Gaming”