Regarding Crashes, Lag and Resume Capability

No lobby feature requests. What do you think of the website? Have ideas for community events or a new service we can provide? Let us know here. Constructive criticism only please.
32sav
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: 32sav

Regarding Crashes, Lag and Resume Capability

Post by 32sav »

Hey guys,

A week ago I found out about NeoEE and would like to contribute to some updates and suggestions that I have in mind. I wouldn't want this to be super long so I'll get directly to it.

Promblem 1:
Often times there is a user who lags alot (time to time but not a major one) and would not like for others to suffer because of it. If this persists, no one would want to play with him/her (ever again). Imagine being on the other side and not being able to do anything just because a player lags every min or so (for half a second)

Solution 1:
Have a toggle option before the start of the game that allows people to continue playing seamlessly even though one of the players lags every now and then. (sounds like a win win situation)

Problem 2:
Due to random crashes people may exit out of the game but would like to join in again. Sadly they can't do so.

Solution 2:
Have a timeout function so that if a player leaves, he/she has about 2 minutes to join back in and resume the game else he is declared defeated. (Therefore also introduce a functionality to resume an on-going game)

Problem 3 (minor):
Sometimes after the login screen (for neo-ee) the aspect ratio and resolution shrinks to the top left corner making it very hard to see things and operate accordingly.

Solution 3 is self-explainatory.

I am willing to contribute (wrt coding/modding) and would like to know your opinion regarding this. Hope you can relate to these problems as well.

Cheers!
32sav

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”