Cataphracts buffed too much

No lobby feature requests. What do you think of the website? Have ideas for community events or a new service we can provide? Let us know here. Constructive criticism only please.
lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Cataphracts buffed too much

Post by lightnessking. »

AEnima wrote:Really Kazter just totally missed to point, cataphracts wipe out all infantry and virtually every unit other than persians, but persians have a lot of counters, making cata super incredible in dark, ESPECIALLY with the patch.
Phalanx (infantery) in dark age > catas.
Bronze cavalry (Spear cav) in dark age > catas.
AEnima wrote:
Also Nino is pretty horrible, I beat him 5 games in a row pure swords vs pure knights.
Congratz.

And I'm going to test your theory about the cata speed bug this evening, want to know the results let me know and I'll give them.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I missed the point? Persian is the one and only unit in dark. The other 2 that is strong is barbarians and cata's. These 2 SUCK in dark-age because everyone with a brain will get persians in dark age.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

depends what strats you use if its dark age pockets age mid quick and they got cav arch what rape cata too but if your bronze and fast age to cata its hihi your dead but depends on what strats you want to do. fwd no settle rush`s with cata on pocket or what ever so many choice`s you have but i dont see many going cata in dark
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

If its dark age liga yes. If its dark age dark age everyone will go persians.
Dno why ur sneaking liga into this master trix! :D

AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Post by AEnima »

Kazter wrote:I missed the point? Persian is the one and only unit in dark. The other 2 that is strong is barbarians and cata's. These 2 SUCK in dark-age because everyone with a brain will get persians in dark age.
Still missing the point, reread my last post.

DrHouseMd
Banned
Lobby Username: DrHouseMd

Post by DrHouseMd »

Going franks in dark and making catas with speed upgrades is actually pretty good if the pocket is good. Or even going knights. Ras did franks on wing vs robin hood in dark, and only lost because his team wasnt good. Franks or Austria on wing can work nicely.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

man im so confused is this topic about liga dark or dark-dark sh dm what ? wtf

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

[-Ts-] Tricky wrote:man im so confused is this topic about liga dark or dark-dark sh dm what ? wtf
Originally about calv complaining that catas are to strong in middle aoc. (they got buffed in omega patch for aoc)
Then i stated catas arent good in middle and atk+arrow armor buff wont really effect p2s, which is the 2 scenarios i'll see catas can be used since they SUCK in dark-dark. Again, my statement.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

AH My bad i thought you lot was on about eec cata`s i dont know about aoc stuff :D hf argueing noobs lol

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

btw, vikings counter persians.

If you don't believe it, test it and see yourself.

The bad part, is that vikings can be countered pretty much by any other units (besides archery and pilums.) Even citz kill them easier.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

lightnessking wrote:btw, vikings counter persians.

The bad part, is that vikings can be countered pretty much by any other units (besides archery and pilums.) Even citz kill them easier.
If this was true, why does dogstart excist? I mean if persians is countered with vikings every dogstart wud die in Mid sh 1v1.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Kazter wrote:
lightnessking wrote:btw, vikings counter persians.

If this was true, why does dogstart excist? I mean if persians is countered with vikings every dogstart wud die in Mid sh 1v1.
Because vikings are useless for attacking, and can be outmicroed because of the speed of persians.
I believe vikings isn't a counter on paper, but ingame it's a good unit vs a persian or archery types.

Persians do (surprisingly) low damage on vikings, and vikings do (surprisingly) high damage on persians compared to their attack stats.

Test it if you don't care.

And @ Aenima, Cata's are not speed glitched, just tested ingame with same speed, and they walk just as fast as a cavalry archer. (Unless both cata's and cavalry archers are speed-glitched, they are not glitched.)

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

persian vs viking (UNUPGRADED)

Persian hp: 225
Persian att: 18

Viking hp: 160
Viking att: 10

Viking absorb 9 damage from a persian
Persian absorb 30 damage from a persian

Fact: Viking is a reasonable counter against persian. :O!

AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Post by AEnima »

Kazter wrote:
[-Ts-] Tricky wrote:man im so confused is this topic about liga dark or dark-dark sh dm what ? wtf
Originally about calv complaining that catas are to strong in middle aoc. (they got buffed in omega patch for aoc)
Then i stated catas arent good in middle and atk+arrow armor buff wont really effect p2s, which is the 2 scenarios i'll see catas can be used since they SUCK in dark-dark. Again, my statement.
1.) How can you confuse complaining with throwing an idea out for discussion? You've had nothing constructive to say in this topic, go away.

2.) Cataphracts do not suck in Dark, at all, they rape, go to scenario editor on aoc and do some tests.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

AEnima wrote:
1.) How can you confuse complaining with throwing an idea out for discussion? You've had nothing constructive to say in this topic, go away.
Neither have you, go away? No you can stay, just stop being such an idiot really.
[edit] to make it clear for people reading it: "Neither have you, go away?" is pointed at him since he does it himself. [ end of edit ] hopefully this clears up things
AEnima wrote: 2.) Cataphracts do not suck in Dark, at all, they rape, go to scenario editor on aoc and do some tests.
as you're being a grammar nazi to kazter saying he's using the word "then" wrong, I'm going to be a grammar nazi aswell and tell you use your "," wrong.

And Cataphracts do not suck in dark age, but if you take a persian player vs a cataphract player (wing vs wing) let's say those undefined players are 1v1ing. The persian player would have an advantage. Since persians will go assyrans (or how is it spelled mr grammar?) and have cav range ups, and the cata player either goes franks or austria therefore having no cav range ups.

Since both uses a stable the persian player is in advantage again since he won't have to build a different building to counter his enemy, the other player does have too therefore using 2 different units which will cost him more resources (talking about upgrades etc.).

Also if you're next reply is going to be "HERPADERPALERP HE CUD MAKE SUM BRONZE KNIGHTZORZ BRO". I'd say: So can the persian player ? Making it perses + knight vs cata + knight = counter+counter vs weak + equal. (If you get what I'm saying, if not let your imagination do it for you.)

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”