Cataphracts buffed too much

No lobby feature requests. What do you think of the website? Have ideas for community events or a new service we can provide? Let us know here. Constructive criticism only please.
[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Re: Cataphracts buffed too much

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

wow fags i thought you was on about eec dont need cry about lol at the start of the topic it didnt even say it was about aoc
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Post by AEnima »

Someone please close this topic. Lightnessking and Kazter are debating that persians beat cataphracts, as if anyone was disputing that. Not even talking about Dark Age as a whole. Kind of hilarious.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

AEnima wrote:Someone please close this topic. Lightnessking and Kazter are debating that persians beat cataphracts, as if anyone was disputing that. Not even talking about Dark Age as a whole. Kind of hilarious.
mABeeey we shud decrease persian defencuhh by 71% and its attakck by uhhh 37%! since cataparactarahs are so buffpowerfull buffalos and perses beat dem buffalos !!!!!!
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

What we are trying to make u understand is that DARK AGE IS UNBALANCED AS *@$&!!!
Reason for this is that persians are so superior to everything else in this age. U can compare it to marines in ww2 or aa's in digi, but those two examples aren't even close to how OP persians is in dark age.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

AEnima
Intermediate Member

Post by AEnima »

No, I was saying that Cataphracts are extremely awesome in Dark Age and pretty much roll almost every unit (based of the % of units it beats, its probably one of the best compared to other ages) and you turned it into...Persians beat them, as if anyone didn't know that.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

AEnima wrote:No, I was saying that Cataphracts are extremely awesome in Dark Age and pretty much roll almost every unit (based of the % of units it beats, its probably one of the best compared to other ages) and you turned it into...Persians beat them, as if anyone didn't know that.
Phalanx, persian, bronze cavalry kill the cataphract.
And if you compare multiple cataphracts vs units, then you can also add war elephants into that list. (not sure if war elephants will win solo, but in multiple units they certainly will.)

4 units which kills cataphracts in dark age.
1 unit which is equal to cataphracts (which are obviously cataphracts herpaderpalerp.)

now let's take a war elephant in dark ages. What units kills war elephants?

comp bow
charioteer
elephant archers.

3 units?

Does that means war elephants are too big of a buffalo ?? We definately need a new patch since they're overpowered omgawd.

As I'm free from work atm, I will edit this post at home :)!

AEnima
Intermediate Member

Post by AEnima »

Ok, Cataphracts beat War Elepahants, in terms of what it costs to make each...

Anyways, literally every one of Lightness' posts are filled with
Does that means war elephants are too big of a buffalo ?? We definately need a new patch since they're overpowered omgawd.
HERPADERPALERP HE CUD MAKE SUM BRONZE KNIGHTZORZ BRO
mABeeey we shud decrease persian defencuhh by 71% and its attakck by uhhh 37%! since cataparactarahs are so buffpowerfull buffalos and perses beat dem buffalos !!!!!!
which are obviously cataphracts herpaderpalerp
Obviously incapable of having an adult conversation, lovely moderator.

But the point of this wasn't to whine about needing a patch etc. (Refer to the past where I told you that you have a problem of putting worts in people's mouths) It was simply to throw the idea out there and have a discussion about it. But that is clearly not possible on these forums.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

AEnima wrote:Ok, Cataphracts beat War Elepahants, in terms of what it costs to make each...

Anyways, literally every one of Lightness' posts are filled with
HERPADERPALERP HE CUD MAKE SUM BRONZE KNIGHTZORZ BRO
which are obviously cataphracts herpaderpalerp
Obviously incapable of having an adult conversation, lovely moderator.

But the point of this wasn't to whine about needing a patch etc. (Refer to the past where I told you that you have a problem of putting worts in people's mouths) It was simply to throw the idea out there and have a discussion about it. But that is clearly not possible on these forums.
umad bro? I will have an adult conversation when ever i want aslong they are worth it, and if the person im talking too deserves being threated as an adult. you sir, unfortunately didnt meet the requirements.

DrHouseMd
Banned
Lobby Username: DrHouseMd

Post by DrHouseMd »

Sorry guys, calv is right. Cataphrats are very good in dark age, mainly because CA suck so bad. And they do fine against persians. Just gotta micro a bit. Elephant archers are very good, no idea what that was brought up lol.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

DrHouseMd wrote:Sorry guys, calv is right. Cataphrats are very good in dark age, mainly because CA suck so bad. And they do fine against persians. Just gotta micro a bit. Elephant archers are very good, no idea what that was brought up lol.
Persians > Cataphracts. They do not do fine against persians...
And for "Just gotta micro a bit." that's the same vice versa.
Since persians are countering cata's, are just as fast as cata's and are ranged units (you can run the front row to the back while the last row are firing their javelins. If done right you take minimum damage from cataphracts even if the cataphract player makes use of micro.) they're stronger then cataphracts.

DrHouseMd
Banned

Post by DrHouseMd »

My argument is based on overwell usefullness in the game. How many dark games have you actually played bro? Catas can hold thier own against persians and utterly own pockets. There the swords of dark.

AEnima
Intermediate Member

Post by AEnima »

Finally someone who understands. You can't just pick one unit that can counter it and totally throw out the argument, we're talking about an overall game here.

DrHouseMd
Banned

Post by DrHouseMd »

According to you lights arguement, swords should be used in every mid game, every map position because swords > CA....its an logical fallacy.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

DrHouseMd wrote:My argument is based on overwell usefullness in the game. How many dark games have you actually played bro? Catas can hold thier own against persians and utterly own pockets. There the swords of dark.
You don't have to play any dark age games to conclude a dark age unit (which exists in middle ages) owns another dark age units (which surprisingly, also exists in middle ages.)
I compared persians to cataphracts, not on how they're used in a liga/dark age game, but as how they're used in general. As in liga cataphracts DO own pockets (if they go charioteers which is most likely yes.) but I still think perses wing / charioteer pocket is the best way of playing (assuming all players are equal strength.)

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

DrHouseMd wrote:According to you lights arguement, swords should be used in every mid game, every map position because swords > CA....its an logical fallacy.
Swords < Cav because of the speed you can outrun the swords.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”