Save-EE or Save-Save-EE??

No lobby feature requests. What do you think of the website? Have ideas for community events or a new service we can provide? Let us know here. Constructive criticism only please.
Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Save-EE or Save-Save-EE??

Post by Captain Nemo »

I don't see a reason to filter GR in the bad language filter, this is not a profit site so basically it doesn't really matter if people play on the lobby or in GR, as long as EE lives on. Am I the only one who doesn't see it as a battle between the 2 places? I often tell hopeless people who come look in the lobby and think "ee is dead" about GR and how many games are on there. Link them to how to get it going and playing both places, but sometimes this language filter really is annoying. Well it's not as much the big trouble about it (cause it's quite simple) but the message u wanna send with having it filtered.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Save-EE or Save-Save-EE??

Post by Arntzen »

I believe it was a reaction to the filtering in GR. Also just tell him to uncheck bad filter and the issue is solved. (or say G4MERANGER/game.ranger etc)
Also I give out links to "how to install on both places" to everyone! Tricky aswell I think.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

There was once a guide on here on how to get both places running but was deleted cause they didn't want to lose players to GR or something (thats just guessing). And so what if they add a filter on lobby? They're commercial, and more importantly this site is devoted to EE, not the site itself and therefore should support people who wanna play EE.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

Well why game ranger filter is up cus game ranger mods tried to be gay with us we would want people to play both but they just wanted there ee game rangers to stay there and not play both. If i cant get people from game ranger over to lobby whats the point of letting people advertise game ranger in lobby so we lose more people.

i dont see how letting people advertise game ranger in lobby would help us if that happened you mite as well close save ee full stop cus we would no longer be needed. I dont mind helping anyone install it on both if they asked.

Only reason i played game ranger sometimes cus skulls and ras and reine was hosting on there but now they aint playing ee hardly anymore. And sam and other ec have come back to lobby there would be no need for me to go there plus i would rather have a lag free game and no cheaters.
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

You make valid points Nemo. It's been removed from the language filter.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

Problem gonna be new people will get lobby check out game ranger and thats 1+ player gone already uninstalls lobby maybe we should all think of ways to make people play both because at the moment it aint working lobby is losing more than we gain. I dont think this heads us in the right direction for more people to lobby. Aless we get a main ladder on lobby so game ranger players will want to use it and play both we gonna keep losing people and end up to die. :(

Maybe we need fresh idea`s or installers to make it easier i know real force made one but dunno if it works to get lobby working. And if people are playing both then they should help lobby to by coming on here and hosting and playing some games. Has to work both ways cant work one way where we help people setup for both and they dont come back to lobby again to play.
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

The language filter is optional and it was only filtered in response to several people spamming the chat about GR. Both GameRanger and ourselves do not allow advertising of the other service to put it simply.

As for the guide to set up both... to my knowledge that was never deleted. I simply said that I would not give it a dedicated page outside the forums because that would lead to players asking us to provide support for it, which we will not do.

Of course, to a certain extent, we want to protect our system because we don't want to put the effort in for nothing. GR does the same things and I wouldn't say either party has gone over the top. There are much better (or worse) tactics we could've used to promote the lobby but it simply would not have been worth the effort or it wouldn't have been in anyone's best interest for us to do so.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Tricky u are completely missing my point.

Ghost I do understand that u don't want to just throw people over to GR, but they not allowing advertising for lobby shouldn't be a reason for us not allowing "advertising" for GR. Since I came back to EE and started playing almost exclusively on GR I've brought back Heros and well over 8 otherwise inactive players. Not all have made both lobby and GR work, but one we have a full expert game we often move it over to lobby to avoid lag, and well that brings just a little activity to lobby at least.

Anyway if we wanna go in the direction for getting everybody to the lobby it would have to be a project of epic proportions. Now, firstly I would prefer the lobby over GR cause of the lag issue and that it's simply nice to have a lobby. Im not sure the GR players are willing to give up the 4000 pop, and the ability to tribute tho. Let alone they have to learn how to host and join games using DC, and probably the biggest issue, so few will be able to host. All this to get rid of lag, that noob players hardly even care about.
The key to succes would be all medium-good players (impossible to move the noobs) have both lobby and GR working which must be easy to do using an installer, for english german and spanish version at least. Then we'd all have to set a fixed date where everybody moves at the same time to the lobby, while still being able to play both places. This can only be achieved through dialog with all the major clans on GR and agreement to do this and get all members onboard.

Question is tho, are they willing to move? I doubt it. They don't have the feeling of belonging to the lobby or thinking it's nice it all looks like the old servers cause they never played there anyway.

As for EE, I'd say the activity is steady on GR if not incrasing a little in the number of games hosted over the past 6 months. Lobby still has it's purpose tho, but it's not unlikely it will lose the battle completely. If it does, so be it, I guess it has served it's purpose then. Forum here is still important.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Who said it's a battle? I'm not fighting one. What we did was simply a response to a group of users violating existing policy. I understand your points and I have a few theories on their implementation, but nothing I've had the time to attempt and test yet.

I'd like to see everyone come together in one place. Do I think the lobby, as it stands, is the best place? No. Do I think GameRanger is the best place? No, but for now it's probably the better of the two for reasons you've already explained (excluding AoC players). It's an old game and there's nothing we can do that will give players an optimal online experience.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

hey, go cry to the gameranger admins about how if you speak a word about save-ee or even have a name with it, or even type it(you get muted no warning)unless tool and pM_past were just ignoring me to prove a point. they are very strict mang off with their heads

Olinja
Intermediate Member

Post by Olinja »

maybe instead if aiming for members / donations we should sell Save-EE merchandise, such as Android / Ipod"phones etc" games, maybe a save ee app. TEE-SHIRTS p10x basic colors funny shit cool pictures idk. Maybe start a youtube movie w/ woodys epic scen? MAYBE start a religion that we embezzle money thro like Scientology?...tax free yamean

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Yo mang we should sell Face Ripping Man Beast merchandise.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”