Mid SH 2vs2 Tournament

Important information about the tournament, including rules, and any announcements.
Aizen
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ll/Wolfy

Re: Mid SH 2vs2 Tournament

Post by Aizen »

_DavE_ wrote:II - are you okay to have ara as your partner?
sure but how about lance? I'd like him more
-NeW-: wolfy = ts anarchy
-NeW-: 0-4
--------------------------------------
"won him again 0-3"
-NeW- whispers to you: omg i ignored you u only talk bull shit fuck kiddy havent nothing need money about your parents fuck nerd son of the bitc*

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

Okay, I have tried gathering as many participants as I can and I now have 8 teams (Hoody still needs a partner but we will find him one I'm sure)

I will release the brackets

https://binarybeast.com/xSC21611079

Aizen
Basic Member

Post by Aizen »

Sign me Up with ara already :)
We gonna start tonight?
"won him again 0-3"
-NeW- whispers to you: omg i ignored you u only talk bull shit fuck kiddy havent nothing need money about your parents fuck nerd son of the bitc*

Hoody_
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Hoody_, [Arise] Blackhole

Post by Hoody_ »

The brackets look messed up on my mobile browser. Maybe its the mobile formatting though.

edit: on pc too

2nd edit: you can sign me up with lance, we aren't sure if we're gonna be available enough to make it work but will try, if it helps get the tourney started as well, even better

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

Tournament cancelled due to inactivity.

Hoody_
Novice Member

Post by Hoody_ »

Why is this? Was there even an opportunity for its activity?

I know we personally talked about scheduling a time for our match, as we paired in the first round bracket, and were just waiting for your partner to mention a time good for him. That wasn't particularly slow or inactive; what happened with the other brackets?

Is there a way you can set deadlines for each round and simply award a team a win if their opposing match up shows no interest and activity in making their games happen?

TzarKosta
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: TzarKosta

Post by TzarKosta »

It is difficult to host 2v2 tournaments
All 4 players must be ON at the same day at the same time
It is enough if one does not appear then can not be played
The next day is missing dan another player etc
Can only be successful with fixed dates and people who take the tournament seriously
Which unfortunately can not be expected from unreliable players :roll:

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

I haven't seen that many players on this week, and with my connection issues on Neo with the fact I'm back at work Thursday for two weeks.. It was optimistic of me to think that this tournament would have been played.

But like TzarKosta has just stated, it's difficult to get all 4 players online at the same time. My 1v1 tournament was doable at a push... I think getting a 2v2 tournament going just isn't going to happen due to the lack of players.

Hoody_
Novice Member

Post by Hoody_ »

You should just set a deadline for round 1, and round 2, etc. If teams don't play fuck it just decide who you want to say won, who's gonna be there for the next round, and will actually play.

That way, in any way a 2v2 tourney actually happened, and the game is one step closer to being alive again.

Edit: I'm willing to accept a moral tournament victory for my preparedness either way, but I expect a spot in the Hypothetical Hall of Fame (tzar get working on that).

Aizen
Basic Member

Post by Aizen »

Hoody_ wrote:You should just set a deadline for round 1, and round 2, etc. If teams don't play fuck it just decide who you want to say won, who's gonna be there for the next round, and will actually play.

That way, in any way a 2v2 tourney actually happened, and the game is one step closer to being alive again.

Edit: I'm willing to accept a moral tournament victory for my preparedness either way, but I expect a spot in the Hypothetical Hall of Fame (tzar get working on that).

Can't you get it? Half of them are inactive, not afraid to play.
plus if you wanna Keep deciding who gonna win, then why are you calling it a tournament?
"won him again 0-3"

Hoody_
Novice Member

Post by Hoody_ »

I don't think anyone ever said fear was a factor, I could be mistaken though.

The point of following through with it would be to simply have the community believe that larger tournaments can still happen. Everything is 1v1 now, because that is all that is affordable with the current community.

Sure maybe it takes a a bit longer, or 25% of the rounds have to be defaulted to wins but at least the community sees a tournament of larger size has occurred; I think that sort of thing helps the community grow and increases the incentive to play

Return to “Tournaments”