Empire Earth League

Important information about the tournament, including rules, and any announcements.
_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Empire Earth League

Post by _DavE_ »

Okay, this is something I would love to be able to launch if at all possible. This would be very different to just hosting another tournament, and the beauty of it, is that even if you lose a game/fixture, you're not out of the tournament altogether. Another advantage is I wouldn't have to put time limits on when matches need to be played.

So my idea is, is to have a Empire Earth League, it would work in a very similar way to a professional football league. My proposal is as follows: -

Two leagues for two different settings.. Liga and Mid SH. You can enter both if you're willing, or even just the one if you do not fancy entering both.
Everyone in the league would play every opponent twice. (TWO Fixtures: ONE Fixture consists of 4 games)
So you would receive 3 points for winning a FIXTURE , 1 pt for drawing a FIXTURE. (If players were to be on equal points then it would go to a head to head rule, I.e which ever one beat the other in a FIXTURE. Individual games will still be recorded in the league table.)
I will be more than happy to keep track of the entire thing as I have plenty of free time and have practically no life.

So just drop me a message if it's something you think you'd be willing to enter.

RULES
1) Each player will be entitled to ONE veto per fixture (4 Games). Mid SH - this has to be declared in under 2 f11. Liga - this has to be declared in under 3 f11. IF in a rare circumstance a player wishes to veto a SECOND time, their opponent HAS to agree.
2) The colours black, white and grey are prohibited.
3) For the love of god, please CHECK fixtures that I will post in a separate thread so everyone is aware of who they're playing and when. Also, I'll be telling you anyway in Lobby.

Liga League:
Dave
Arntzen
Samuel
Lance
Nafrayu
Gurke
Tano
Baboo
Tsubasa
Jensen
Hannibal

Mid SH League:
Dave
Arntzen
Samuel
Lance
Nafrayu
Gurke
Tano
Baboo
Chenec
Jensen
Tsubasa
Hannibal
Last edited by _DavE_ on Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:58 am, edited 7 times in total.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Empire Earth League

Post by Arntzen »

I'll join both, but don't get discouraged.. You lot can fight over second place! :twisted:

1. When does this start?
2. Can players join "mid season" or not?
3. Can we post printscreen to show victory or do we need someone else to obs?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

Obviously I've decided to already enter you on my own accord :)

Liga maybe, but Mid SH is mine this time zen!!

1) I'm going to leave it up a little longer to see if I can attract anymore interest
2) No, you cannot join mid season, I want things to run smoothly. Additionally, any unreliable player I'm not letting join... i.e Kirac
3) Either is good enough for me. I'll release a couple rounds of fixtures at a time so you're not waiting around for one player to play a game.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

kirac.jpg
Google translate agrees with you.

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

Isn't it much simpler to calculate the points in the same way as in any football league in the world?

Win = 3 points
Draw = 1 point
Loss = 0 points

then in every fixture the players play 4 games ..... 2 - 2 would result in a draw, 3 - 1 or 3 - 0 in a victory.

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

That is a really good suggestion. All fixtures will be 4 games introducing the possibility of a fixture ending in a draw. IF in the rare circumstance two players are tied level at the top at the end of the rounds, a decider will take place (bo5)

Ps. I'm going to wait on confirmation of Nafrayu Gurke and Tano, and responses from Ara and Hannibal then I'll probably begin fixtures.

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

Just keep the draw if it's 2 - 2 .... it's cool to also have draws as possible results...

ApoCalypse-Jensen
Basic Member
Lobby Username: נєиѕєи

Post by ApoCalypse-Jensen »

Why can't i find my name -.-

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

Sam - I'm talking about if the players ranked 1 and 2 are level on points and their respective fixtures ended in draws or one win a piece, at the END of all the rounds then they would play a decider (bo5) to determine who wins the league.

Sorry Jensen, I've added you now. So far so good, just waiting responses from Hannibal and Ara

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

_DavE_ wrote: RULES
3) For the love of god, please CHECK fixtures that I will post in a separate thread so everyone is aware of who they're playing and when. Also, I'll be telling you anyway in Lobby.
TOO COMPLICATED :lol:

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

TOO COMPLICATED :lol:
LOL - I'll be keeping two eyes on you, don't worry!

Return to “Tournaments”