1. P2s SH World Cup

Important information about the tournament, including rules, and any announcements.
Manni
Lobby Username: Manni

1. P2s SH World Cup

Post by Manni »

1. P2s SH World Cup

Rules changed like explained in the last post of me

Lancelot 78
F.T.A. The Pope of the Dope 77

RoK_JoeY 74
GeN 71

Hellraiser 68
UnderDogIsHere 67

dark knight 65
Jossos 64
pretraining 61

«{Co}» Elmer Fud 57
Zamin[] 57
Peasant 57
-_stuketz_- 57
spanish 56
Elfor 56
GoG_Eisregen 56
Shooting Star 54
FireWind 54
[pM] Windmill hunt 54
[-TS-] Bones 54
Deaf Boy 53
GoG_BladE 52
Die Gurke 52
Unitednationssuck 51
(zabijej) ticktockman 51
«{Co}» Loch Ness Monster 51
Shooting Star 50

(.Illuminat.) 49
dark horse 49
aVe_PaiN 49
Panic 48
bmc 48
NoobyStar 48
ZeusII 48
DuckMySick 48
CrimE 47
Atomic One 47
AARON 47
Boross Gabor 47
dude23 46
Themistocles 46
ThereIsNoGod 46
Pablo 46
†_[V]_† - drunk_leprechaun 45
Chemically fit 45
Gabriel 45
Lord Marcellus 45
PITA 44
coolosity 44
SRT-4 43
‘°¤‘¥’¤°’ 43
Xeus 43
Anal intruder 42
Fallen Angel 41
Zodiac 41
UgghTheCaveman 41
(zabijej) tool 41
erserpiooASSASSINS 41
Empirer 41
{ I } actionman 40
{ I } MeClubYouLongTime 40

Manni 39
TRENSTAR 38
Bac2Basics 38
Agnosticjedi 38
Arhum 35

TcotC_victoRious 33
Dexter 31
Lord Marcellus 30

Trajick 28
Argonaut 16

Rules changed
With the old rules there were too few Round 2 games cause there are lots of new p2s players always. The new rules are the following:
- For each game you get between 0 and 100 points. These things are deciding:
I) Number of eliminated units minus number of lost units; conversions count as 2 eliminated units, destroyed buildings as 3 eliminated units (that`s cause of towering; only if it doesn`t come to a building destroying after one has died)
II) Ressources gathered in total
III) Epoch and aging time of your latest reached epoch
IV) Game won or lost
- The score at each section is determined in relation to your enemies (not I) ). If you are wing, your enemi wing has a relevance of 2/3, your enemi pocket of 1/3. If you are pocket, it`s the other way round. In a 3vs3 as pocket you have two enemi wings.
- The difference to your enemies in score influences your score in the World Cup list like that:
There are 20 score levels: 0-3,4-7,8-11,12-15,16-19,20-24,25-29,30-34,35-39,40-49,50-59,60-64,65-69,70-74,75-79,80-83, 84-87,88-91,92-95,96-100.
If your game score is one level higher than your World Cup score, you get 1 point - if your game score is 1 level lower than your World Cup score, you loose 1 point. The changing number increases by each level by 1.
- I considered the old scores to the new score list.
Last edited by Manni on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 117 times in total.

Manni

Re: 1. P2s SH World Cup

Post by Manni »

ImageImage
Jackye has no houses for a long time.
At 12, fly dance attacks with 15 clubs. Jackye saw him coming over the mountains at the east of his base. A little fight up there with only 5 clubs of Jackye leads to a lost of 2 clubs of Jackye cause he dooesn`t retreat his clubs on time. When fly dance runs into the base, Jackye`s hunters flee in direction of the clubs. ImageFly dance uses fanatism which gives him an attacking bonus of 50 % for a while but makes his clubs loose 25% of the current healthpoints. Fly dance`s clubs can kill a lot of hunters but afterwards he fights club ag. club in range of a tower. So he looses all.
At 20, fly dance attacks again with 1 division but is catched. Image
At 24, fly dance attacks again with already 3 (!) divsions. Jackye reacts fast and the situation is not good for fly dance like you see on the image.ImageNevertheless, fly dance decides to keep attacking. Jackye has 1 division and 2 towers at the battlefield. Fly dance attacks both clubs and cits. Jackye`s division gets smashed and he looses some cits. Fd`s troops are nearly all killed.
It takes 8 minutes after the start of the last fight that fly dance thinks he is ready for the next attack. He comes from the south to the iron where no scout nor a tower is placed. Jackye reacted very slowly. Fly dance continues cits clubbing. The result is a desaster: 15 cits lost and a few clubs. Fly dances looses all. ImageAt 40, fly dance tries his luck by attacking a stone mine. Jackye had good chances to see that on time cause he had a well placed tower there. But he didn`t and looses all 6 stone miners. Short after that, another, heavy attack: Image At 43, fly dance attacks already again. He wants to kill hunters in the northeast. Therewhile, Jackye has put up a good tower defense there. Neverthelsee, he looses all cits cause he didn`t retreat on time. He probably had the stress syndrome which is commun at enemies of fly dance. At 50, the next bad surprise: Image The towers for that Jackye spend 6 stone miners are quaked. Time to say gg!
Grades
fly dance attacks: 4532315 3.3 60% defense:2 20% economy&aging: 1 20% 2.6
Jackye defense: 45366 4.8 100% [underlined grade is for general defense] 4.8

Manni

Post by Manni »

Small map. Xeron cits-rushes Long weekend. Long weekend explored at start and then didn`t build 2 barracks. Aggravating that his cits don`t flee well so a few cits are killed by Xerons`. Furthermore, he doesn`t build towers with a lot of cits at start. Finally he manages to build one tower at his iron mines. The new cits that come out of his capitol are easily killed. You can see that Long weekend is perplexed with this uncommon situation. He tries the last thing: going to Xeron`s own base. Here he could have towered easily a food patch but not for gathering food cause Xeron has build a tower in range. So he goes away again and mines at Xeron`s stone mine - undisturbed. Therewhile, Xeron builds towers and houses at Long weekend`s base and starts food gathering at one patch.
Zero Force hears the smoke signal of Long weekend that says: "Attack Xeron. He has 2 bases now." So he attacks with 1 division. Xeron flees to a place where he has about 20 cits at his disposal - and 1 tower and 2 clubs. He succeeds in making Zero Force advancing backwards again.
Zero Force looses valuable time until the next time: he doesn`t attack Xeron again before 35. He kills 6 cits and a pro. Therewhile, Zero tried to build a base in Xeron`s base. But the thing has 2 hitches: 1. The base gets no towers. 2. The base can be seen by Xeron. And there is a third point: he doesn`t have clubs there. The base doesn`t exist long time.
Economical situation and defense
Zero Force has hunted all his hunt with a good time management nearly exactly to the point when he goes Copper. But he doesn`t hunt walruses which are further of his base. He`s the first ager (normal hunt) though he was the only (!) one who attacked disregarding the cits rush of Xeron. His defense is organised well though he only had 3 houses.
The second one to age is Cin&go. Conspicuous is the high importance that he gives gold mining. His defense is good.
Seb`s only defense are towers. He has no houses. Maybe he thought samsons would serve him as defense. He takes very long to age.
Xeron takes the hunt of Long Weekend late as well as his 2nd food patch and his own hunt. That`s why he ages late though he hasn`t much clubs.
Long weekend surrenders when he sees Xeron in Copper.
Last edited by Manni on Sun May 22, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Manni

Post by Manni »

Now its Cin&go`s time. After having build Zeus, he has an army with 4 infantry divisions with hero ready. Zero Force is his object. He can kill a few farmers and burns their fields but Zero Force doesn`t stand on the sidelines. Image Now both sides make an essential mistake. They fight a static warfare. Things that make me come to this conclusion:
1. Xeron has 2 bases.
2. Cin&go sees that Zero Force is too strong to kill him fast. If he succeeded it would cost him too much ressources to win against Xeron afterwards.
3. There is only one iron mine they fight for.
4. Cin&go could get Seb`s base easily and his ressources. He has to be fast before Xeron does that.
The course of action is an ahead and backwards. The amounts of iron and food that they spend are large. Both loose their heros. Cin&go forgets to build houses at the front. Cin&go first is Bronze but he can`t go ahead. After a while, Zero builds 2 heavy armored divisions. Image Cin&go runs with 2 divisions accurately in the midst of the eles. All swords are killed. Now, the border is the same as before Cin&go attacked. Cin&go is pushed in the defense. Zero`s eles keep attacking. There is a lot of work to do: Image
Xeron gets comfortably the mines of Seb. Seb cries for help. Too late, Seb. Xeron gets immediately all mines. He doesn`t pop his tc because he has no food for it.
Zero doesn`t care that at all. He arms: Image He mobilizes 4 heavy divisions, 2 infantry divsions and 2 artilery divisions. Cin builds ele archers. The 2 infantry divions try to kill the eles but are wiped out cause they aren`t supported by the other troop sections. Therewhile he tries to build towers. Cin doesn`t prevent that. Occasionally, Seb who could keep a mountain village in the mid of the map, asks his neighbour Cin for being allies. Cin ahs no time for that. "It`s no team game." Image
Later on, Cin`s generals order the ele archers to kill the towers. The poor eles get shot by catas. gg
"Yeah, I have killed Cin&go" must have thought Zero. Time to attack Xeron. Image
Grades
Xeron 24 3.0 10% 14 2.5 20% 133 2.3 70% 2.4
Long weekend 6 6 6.0
¤žêrø¤_FoRcE™ 544625 4.3 50% 23 2.5 30% 26 4.0 20% 3.7
Cin&go 6633 4.5 40% 2626 4.0 30% 26 4.0 30% 4.2
Seb 6 6 6 6.0
Last edited by Manni on Mon May 23, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manni

Post by Manni »

Forstbite is the only one who attacks with the first 4 clubs. Alpha, his actual enemy, is ignored. Spanish is his destiny. He attacks wood cutters. Spanish`s cits can`t flee fast enough cause the clubs weren`t seen advancing. Spanish`s 4 clubs are not here. Until they come it takes a while. So Spanish looses some cits. Frostbite retreats exactly at the right moment and in the right way.
Soon, Frostbite attacks again with 1 division - fast and targeted. 4 cits killed and backtracks at the right moment. He could have clubbed another 2 iron miners but he didn`t (which was right cause better having regard to the advantage-cost balance.)
Spanish attacks Frostbite with a bit succes.
A bit later, Spanish attacks Agnosticjedi with 5 clubs. He clubs one cit and then not anymore though Agnosticjedi didn`t scoot (Agnostic also hadn`t anything else to do - he was not in an attack). Spanish doesn`t continue the cits clubbing cause he has something more important to do: Frostbite attacks with 2 divisions. Frostbite doesn`t find cits to club cause Spanish has already walled in all his mines. Having time again, Spanish clubs Agnostic`s cits. Now, he runs them to towers. A few cits die.
Spanish and TcotC_EvoluTion plan to kill DJ17.Image
The map has very few hunt. Apart from hippos, only DJ, EvoluTion and Alpha Wolf have hunt. There is no mid hunt. Agnosticjedi bunkers himself in and booms. He builds nary club. His luck is that noone has pathfinding (which would have been fatal) and he was the enemy only worth spending 5 clubs. Alpha Wolf builds some army but also cares about booming. EvoluTion doesn`t hunt much of his main hunt. There are still 7 bouquets left when he is Copper. Spanish relinquishes any hunt. Hunt can`t be walled in and that`s why he doesn`t hunt his hippos. Costs only army capacities and Frostbite has a frosty heart and would kill them no matter how much he would spend on assurance.
Like always, spanish doesn`t spend too much on clubs. Wherefore he should? His cits are walled in but the wood cutters. And Spanish was right that Forstbite is unhittable before he himself has modernised his army.
ImageSo he booms.
Last edited by Manni on Mon May 23, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Manni

Post by Manni »

Frostbite attacks again after a while. Thogh he knows that he has walled his ressources in, he tries.
He attacks with 7 (!) divisions. (Remember that the has only hippos.)
Image Image Agnostic`s divisions are eliminated fast.
Spanish and EvoluTion use the hippos and the patches of DJ. They don`t use the sheeps a bit distant. But Frostbite uses them: he hunts with over 10 cits without any protection. Nobody passes so they survive.
Meantime, all are Copper but Frostbite. Frostbite has spent very much in clubs though he has no hunt and Spanish and EvoluTion wall their mines. Furthermore, he has nor hippos nor patches left. Now Frostbite tries to attack EvoluTion. This was the right moment. Spanish has sent all army out of his base. And macemen haven`t been recruited upto now. Frostbite can kill lots of cits though he is plagued. He better should have malarized them. The pro dies also. Image
Being Copper, Agnostic spends far too few of his economy capacity in farms (no hunt left). EvoluTion doesn`t hunt, has only 1 silo but mines at 2 stone mines and 2 gold mines. But he builds Zeus, hero and army fast.
Spanish attacks Frostbite with 2 divisions. Frostbite has spent all clubs in attacking and doesn`t rebuild. So Spanish can`t find a club of him in base. Frostbite plagues a part of the macemen. Because Spanish unites them, all get the deadly disease. Spanish doesn`t kill the pro but chases cits. Frostbite reacts slowly and looses a lot of them. Frostbite and Agnosticjedi capitulate.
Grades
Frostbite 1121663 2.9 50% 231436 3.2 30% 3 20% 3.0
Agnosticjedi 5 10% 4 30% 4 60% 4.1
DJ17 2666 5.0 100% 5.0
EvoluTion 3111 1.5 40% 14 2.5 20% 3 40% 2.3
Spanish 33213 2.4 30% 4423 3.3 30% 2 40% 2.5
Alpha Wolf 55 5.0 33% 33 3.0 33% 5 33% 4.3

Manni

Post by Manni »

I`m not here for about one week. You can post screenshots of games with
1.) the end of the game that shows the winners and loosers and
2.) the statistics where can be seen the teams.
Last edited by Manni on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_thor
Lobby Username: pM_Thor

Post by _thor »

manni even though i dislike pre and its erosion of ee, i think youre a four star general for the effort in your posts above.
pM - Legacy
{Sauerkraut>}I love you: boom or rush this is the uesatinoin , i love shakespearei

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

_thor wrote:i think youre a four star general for the effort in your posts above.
100% agree.. very nice job here manni! :D
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Manni

Post by Manni »

Round 1 ends soon. To get to Round 2 you need to have 7 games played.

Manni

Post by Manni »

From now on , I host loaded maps. I don`t remember them so I have no advantage. They come up with:
- perfectly fair map
- 1vs1, 2vs2 , 3vs3 or 4vs4
- day and night
- weather
- 2400 pop cap
- stone walls not before Bronze
- tributes
- weather sound
You can hear rain, thunder and storm during game when u download the file here:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-350 ... s.zip.html
Put the 12 sound files in your folder: EE-AoC - data - sounds

Baron
Basic Member

Post by Baron »

in general i like the idea of this kind of competition, its work and we all shall thank manni for it.

but these new scen he made are not playable, for several reasons:

- the change of day and night is no part of ee (dont know if it ever was), it is annoying and hard to play

- weather can be a problem for people with wifi or bad internet connection

- tributes enable glitches and all these stuff (not sure about that, can someone try? :D )

- a volcano killed my army -wtf?

- u cant load civs

- i played 2 games, first game i had 3 herdes, next game i had only hippos. that "perfectly fair map" is not fair, there is no advantage or reason to play them.

- additionally its really annoying to start scens, u need to join as colours and all that stuff.

manni, please just host usual maps. maps have always been unfair, still we enjoiyed them for years. in 1v1 u can rehost if one player has a greater disadvantage, in bigger games the map of the teams mostly are even, and if team 1 has a disadvantage in game1, team 1 will have an advantage in game2.
in general i hate all that talking about unfair maps or people hosting the "X map" because they think its a solution. i play about 10 games each weak, 5 with an advantage and 5 with a disadvantage, who cares about that? in 99% the little advantages, eg the number of herdes do not influence the end of a game at all.

Manni

Post by Manni »

- the change of day and night is no part of ee (dont know if it ever was), it is annoying and hard to play
Beginning with today night is a part of EE.
It`s annoying cause people prefer familiar things.
It`s hard to play cause you haven`t adapted your tactics to it. Maybe you can see it as a new challenge to use the dark night for your advantage.
The big advantage of day and night is that it gives the game a better atmosphere. The orient sun shining on the hills, the wolves yowling, watching your base at night, surprising cits of your enemy while being protected by the darkness, towering your enemy guarded by the darkness, the happiness in the morning when you finally see well again :D
- weather can be a problem for people with wifi or bad internet connection
Let`s see. Upto now, weather didn`t cause problems.
- tributes enable glitches and all these stuff (not sure about that, can someone try? )
My agent for cheating affairs has attested that.
Experienced players have too much honor to glitch, noobs are too stupid to glitch intelligent and are caught and punished by Ghost/Omega/Usola.
- a volcano killed my army -wtf?
Evil volcano!
Volcano`s exist in fact and they can be annoying.
They only exist in some maps so hope to get a map without one. :)
They are in areas for that probably is hard battled - especially with towers. It brings modification in static warfares. A temple can save you from deadly eruptions. But if u are within the vulcano area (which has a typical ground), you loose 3 hitpoints per game second. So this area should be avoided. This may annoy but brings new tactical options.
- u cant load civs
You have to build your civs at start. Therefore , there is always one minute pause. We don`t start before all have their civs build. Of course, this is a disadvantage, but in my opinion, the bettering is worth it.
- i played 2 games, first game i had 3 herdes, next game i had only hippos. that "perfectly fair map" is not fair, there is no advantage or reason to play them.
The maps are absolutely fair. The bases of all teammates are as good as that of all enemi teammates.
That doesn`t mean that you have the same hunt amount as your enemy. If you have less hunt, you have either more stone mines or a better to defend base or more metals. Your job is to adapt to your base as good as possible.
One time no hunt and one time 3 hunt (I haven`t build a map with 3 hunt in base upto now) doesn`t prove the maps are unfair but that they differ.
- additionally its really annoying to start scens, u need to join as colours and all that stuff.
You have to choose a color and when I ask , tell ur lobby name. That works fast. My game waiting time today wasn`t longer than the average.
manni, please just host usual maps. maps have always been unfair, still we enjoiyed them for years. in 1v1 u can rehost if one player has a greater disadvantage, in bigger games the map of the teams mostly are even, and if team 1 has a disadvantage in game1, team 1 will have an advantage in game2.
in general i hate all that talking about unfair maps or people hosting the "X map" because they think its a solution. i play about 10 games each weak, 5 with an advantage and 5 with a disadvantage, who cares about that? in 99% the little advantages, eg the number of herdes do not influence the end of a game at all.
It takes me 5 min to make a map so it`s no big effort for me to guarantee absolute fairness. I let comp make a random map and edit it when it`s unfair. The big majority of the random maps the comp put out, was unfair.
Of course, this is compensated by the number of games you play. But I prefer playing on a fair map where I know that the winner won only cause of his better skill. It`s more exiting then.
If you have uneven hunt and the rest of your bases is even, this influences a game a lot. At least for people who know to use their hunt optimal.
I didn`t make this project cause of unfair maps but I put as much advantages as possible into it cause they are only possible with pre-made maps.

So I prefer hosting the pre-made maps. The future will show how the most will think about it. When people shouldn`t like it, they would leave my game and join another host one`s. As you can host yourself, you can try to counter-host if you dislike it so much.

Baron
Basic Member

Post by Baron »

thank you for that long answer. i think it is not useful to discuss about every point now, readers now have a good overview about the advantages and disadvantages of these new maps and are able to judge it by themselves.
in my opinion the changes of this new map are to expansive to call the whole thing "p2s". you should find a new name for your scen and lets see if the people like it. the "p2s cup" ended right now.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Baron wrote:thank you for that long answer. i think it is not useful to discuss about every point now, readers now have a good overview about the advantages and disadvantages of these new maps and are able to judge it by themselves.
in my opinion the changes of this new map are to expansive to call the whole thing "p2s". you should find a new name for your scen and lets see if the people like it. the "p2s cup" ended right now.
i'd have to agree with baron, even tho i'm not playing the p2s cup.

Making your own "random" maps fair for everybody is almost impossible. The only possibility to make it fair is creating the maps just like hit and run / bridge crossing (symetric maps).

As for the p2s worldcup, you used original plains maps in the first part of the cup, and halfway the cup you start to use saved games? i'd call that not reasonable.

Also, i'd like to ask how you enabled tributes into the scenario's, have you done it with triggers, or anything else.

Thankyou.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “Tournaments”