[M]iddle sh Cav archers [not finished yet]

Moderator: taco

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Re: [M]iddle sh Cav archers [not finished yet]

Post by Hello0 »

whoops..since i never rly look at f11..i estimated it wrong..its more 25-35 o_O! sry my fault..

and ye u may be right i didnt play vs the supeeer ultra over pwners with it...
but i used it 5-10 times in normal aoc and eec mid as wing cav when i had double gold map..

it worked o_O

so my opinion and last statement to this civ:

i like it, i will continue using it (but only as wing cav or in 1v1/2v2) and if i ll lose with it..its in 90% not the civs fault o.0
I am sweet.

Absolutely
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: GoG_AbsoLuteLy

Post by Absolutely »

taco wrote:no skilled game shouldnt b finished b4 15f11. imo. no offence hello but u dont put my mind at ease with u testing it against swords and ca.
i think we can all agree that if a civ was capable of finishing a player b4 15f11 every game, it would of been used by every1 by now.
what i have against the civ just seems like common sense.. to me at least
the idea is there, and its on the right track for a slut civ, it may even b that he is quite skilled with this civ, rather then a normal ca slut. which is good for him. however i personally think the lack of gold and other mili ups will b the downfall to this civ and having wood is just an excuse for bad eco management.
1. You don't really need ballista ups or ballistas to win against cav + mass ballistas. I don't have (m)any problems to play without without ballistas against ballistas..

2. Wood is really handy to boom, cus since u need much wood to get Ca with btd it's also nice to get fast farms..

ben55

Post by ben55 »

The level of skill in mid sh is laughable at the moment. Of course your civ will work of course you don't need range on ballista to beat some people they aren't very good. Wood gathers faster than gold do you not understand that the wood is cheap part of the CA if you want to get technical on gather rates.

I may not be the most adept middle player, but I did do fairly well for the short time I played it considering I didn't even take the sett serious.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

coW_
Basic Member
Lobby Username: coW_

Post by coW_ »

+1 to what ben55 said, I don't know anything about the level of players now, since I'm gonna start playing again tomorow after 2 years now.

But yeah...it might help you initially...but after you fill the 2 mines around your base, what are you gonna do? Of course you're gonna spend all the food you've been gathering on cits to put on wood!
Soon enough you'll have a 4:1 ratio of wood to gold gathers. What are you gonna do then?..populate? Please tell me you're joking.

Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

Post by Eisregen »

Abso's civ isnt to bad i used it 2 for 1 year or so ut now i like my gold+ wood + siege rang ca civ more :D
Peace Eisregen
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

Absolutely
Intermediate Member

Post by Absolutely »

ben55 wrote:The level of skill in mid sh is laughable at the moment. Of course your civ will work of course you don't need range on ballista to beat some people they aren't very good. Wood gathers faster than gold do you not understand that the wood is cheap part of the CA if you want to get technical on gather rates.

I may not be the most adept middle player, but I did do fairly well for the short time I played it considering I didn't even take the sett serious.
I lol'd

Have you ever considered about using melee troops to fight vs ca and ballistas?

ben55

Post by ben55 »

How does that have any relevance we are talking about gold versus wood, but to respond to your point. Yes you can make infantry, but is it as efficient as having ballistas with range no it isn't, so really I guess if you like playing a less efficient strategy and civ go for it. It will probably work against the people that play today. Hell I see abstract, lavanger and taco beat people with stupid strats. Same for Ghost and Joey and they don't even play middle but like once a year.

Everyone else(except like 2) in this thread is not saying your civ is bad, but it just isn't the most efficient. Which you do not seem to grasp, or are in denial.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Absolutely
Intermediate Member

Post by Absolutely »

Wait for my other civs.. its just one of 4 .

I'm just to bored to finish my "guide" yet

I know the downsides of this civ. I'm not playing mid sh 1v1's vs noobs .. believe it or not ..
I play to improve my skills especially in middle sh. That's what i figured out and tried out other civs which suits bests to my playstyle.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

ca then mixing inf is good. but will slow ur boom down ALOT. which is why bali is a better mix early on. late game id agree with u, however given having bali range ould make the combo far more deadly again.
if this is the most efficent civ for u, then thats all well and good. but do u think this civ willl maximise ur skill as much as 1 which would have wood gold and bali range.
i dont like saying ur civs are bad. but i do think it is. however pinky and bumbee have had messed up civs. and they both played and used them very well. much better then i could if i used them

Absolutely
Intermediate Member

Post by Absolutely »

Back to the old server I was using the ca civ with gold , wood , bali range but without ca btd.
I liked that way how the boom goes smothly etc. but I always had problems vs. good swordsplayers with sword rush civs.

That's the reason why I created this civ to have a decent chance vs. swords.

I took wood instead of gold because I want to be able to switch to other troops as well, cus pure ca sucks vs ca + balis or knights + fast balis.

I'm not using infantery to counter ca + balis. I just cut down my ca production and get cataphracts when i realize that my enemy is massing ballis. It doesn't take much time to switch from ca to cataphracts, but your boom will just SUCK. Imo sacrifying your boom for more army to kill your enemy's army is more effective because most ca civs doesn't have btd included. The consequence is that your opponent will need more time to re-produce his army if he hasn't expanded yet that much.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Absolutely wrote:Back to the old server I was using the ca civ with gold , wood , bali range but without ca btd.
I liked that way how the boom goes smothly etc. but I always had problems vs. good swordsplayers with sword rush civs.

That's the reason why I created this civ to have a decent chance vs. swords.

I took wood instead of gold because I want to be able to switch to other troops as well, cus pure ca sucks vs ca + balis or knights + fast balis.

I'm not using infantery to counter ca + balis. I just cut down my ca production and get cataphracts when i realize that my enemy is massing ballis. It doesn't take much time to switch from ca to cataphracts, but your boom will just SUCK. Imo sacrifying your boom for more army to kill your enemy's army is more effective because most ca civs doesn't have btd included. The consequence is that your opponent will need more time to re-produce his army if he hasn't expanded yet that much.
If you're looking for a CA civ that eats swords for breakfast while still remaining fairly strong throughout the game (although, it still doesn't have bali range), I'd check out: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=952

If you're going to use that civ though, you better settle a gold mine next to wood, build your two archery ranges there, immediately populate said mine, lure hippos and/or elephants to said mine, and build 3 towers on said mine. It's probably the single strongest CA civ against swords--even an expert sword player won't be able to kill you until he gets a hero out if you play it properly, which means you can beat nearly all sword players with it nowadays... lol. Then again, I really would not use that civilization every single game, because missing bali range is a pretty big thing--I'd only use it when you've got an extremely high likelihood of getting fucked over by a sword player (or players) who are actually good, like say in a 2vs2 game against opponents you're fairly sure will both go swords.

Or, if you're looking for a civilization that has bali range and is still fairly decent versus swords, check out the training tab in lobby and download that civilization + watch the start.

The boom on both civilizations is quite strong, as well.

Absolutely
Intermediate Member

Post by Absolutely »

Omega wrote:If you're looking for a CA civ that eats swords for breakfast while still remaining fairly strong throughout the game (although, it still doesn't have bali range), I'd check out: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=952

If you're going to use that civ though, you better settle a gold mine next to wood, build your two archery ranges there, immediately populate said mine, lure hippos and/or elephants to said mine, and build 3 towers on said mine. It's probably the single strongest CA civ against swords--even an expert sword player won't be able to kill you until he gets a hero out if you play it properly, which means you can beat nearly all sword players with it nowadays... lol. Then again, I really would not use that civilization every single game, because missing bali range is a pretty big thing--I'd only use it when you've got an extremely high likelihood of getting fucked over by a sword player (or players) who are actually good, like say in a 2vs2 game against opponents you're fairly sure will both go swords.

Or, if you're looking for a civilization that has bali range and is still fairly decent versus swords, check out the training tab in lobby and download that civilization + watch the start.

The boom on both civilizations is quite strong, as well.
I also used that civ with the same boom + start in 4v4 games as wing lol. But I figured out that my boom is slightly better with my civ cus of building cr. But your ca civ is imo one of the best ca civs ever.

Return to “Standard - High (SH)”