Topic about download "Arntzen's AOC Civs"

Moderator: taco

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Topic about download "Arntzen's AOC Civs"

Post by Arntzen »

File submitted via the downloads section.

Description:
So I decided to upload the civilizations I'm using at the moment. Go to topic for more information about the civs.

BTW I'm posting this in SH-category so people can reply to the topic.

File: Arntzen's AoC Civs.rar

Size: 3.22 KiB

Arntzen's AOC Civs

Arntzen
Administrator

Re: Topic about download

Post by Arntzen »

1P2S Expan.jpg
1P2S Expan.jpg (36.44 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: A regular P2S Expan civ with everything you need for the normal play. This is the most common P2S civ I've come across.
1P2S ExpanPopCap Pocket.jpg
1P2S ExpanPopCap Pocket.jpg (36.96 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: 4v4 civ. I use two versions of the P2S Expan PopCap civ, this one is for pocket. The only real difference is I've Bomber SPD/Prophet BTD in this one, and Prophet CR in the wing variant.
Neither one of my expan PopCap civ has tower range, so you really need to scout around your base if your against a tower player.
1P2S ExpanPopCap Wing.jpg
1P2S ExpanPopCap Wing.jpg (32.93 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: 4v4 on wing, can get a really fast prophet if you want, but Prophet CR bonus is great later on also. Nothing kills a deadly Macemen+Hero+Zeus push better than 1 plague and 1 malaria! :D
1P2S PF ALL OUT MASS.jpg
1P2S PF ALL OUT MASS.jpg (32.38 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: This civ is basically inspired by how Baron sometimes plays with PF. He'll just go 100% mass for the first 60 f11 constantly harassing the enemies. This works really great combined with a good boomer. But obviously, if not used right, this civ can be risky.
1P2S PF PopCap.jpg
1P2S PF PopCap.jpg (39.53 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: A fairly save PF civ. Make your base good and get prophet very early to quake either enemy wing/pocket or both.
1P2S TL Exploration.jpg
1P2S TL Exploration.jpg (33.48 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: In TL games only. Exploration is the way to go in TL so you don't have to waste any time scouting your base.
1P2S TowerCiv PopCap.jpg
1P2S TowerCiv PopCap.jpg (37.17 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: Pretty straight forward TowerCiv. You don't really need stone in civ cause you will be claiming a few stone mines from your team, which mean you can fit farming bonus into the civ. This way there's no reason why you should not win the late-game boomwar.
2Middle A A Sword Rush.jpg
2Middle A A Sword Rush.jpg (33.08 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: Standard Swordciv. Can be used in any game 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 as wing.
2Middle A Sword Expan.jpg
2Middle A Sword Expan.jpg (26.38 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: Basic sword expan civ, should be used in everything from 1v1 to 3v3.
2Middle A Sword ExpanAllround.jpg
2Middle A Sword ExpanAllround.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: This is THE counterciv, basically you start out like regular sword expan, but eventually add on whatever is needed for success. This is a great 1v1 2v2 civ.
2Middle A Sword ExpanPopCap.jpg
2Middle A Sword ExpanPopCap.jpg (34.35 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: The 4v4 variant of the basic sword expan civ.
2Middle A Sword ExpanStrongSiege.jpg
2Middle A Sword ExpanStrongSiege.jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: This civ has everything a regular expan swordciv has except sword attack, in exchange it has awesome seige. This civ, not only own late game, but you can add fast seige for a strong mid game push. Snipe them wonders! :twisted:
2Middle CA Expan.jpg
2Middle CA Expan.jpg (25.49 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: Regular CA expan civ, use it for 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3.
2Middle CA ExpanAllround.jpg
2Middle CA ExpanAllround.jpg (30.68 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: This civ is the same as the regular Ca expan civ, except swapped balista attack for seige range and sword speed, basically to make it stronger late game, and makes it better against CA because you can add swords and trebs once your enemy has a good balista count. Also sword speed really owns late game to harass.
2Middle CA ExpanPopCap.jpg
2Middle CA ExpanPopCap.jpg (22.86 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: 4v4 version of the regular CA expan civ.
2Middle CA Rush.jpg
2Middle CA Rush.jpg (25.88 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: CA eec style. This is my favorite CA civ for 1v1 because it actually can win against a swordrusher and at the same time it straight up counters the regular sword expan civ. Against CA expan you should have more CA early on, and you need to use that advantage to kill some of his citz or just deny his armysize to grow.
2Middle Knight Expan.jpg
2Middle Knight Expan.jpg (35.81 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: Regular Knight expan civ, use it for 1v1 2v2.
2Middle Knight ExpanPopCap.jpg
2Middle Knight ExpanPopCap.jpg (32.45 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: 3v3/4v4 variant of the regular knight expan civ. If your able to get to lategame, you'll dominate. Getting there tho will need teamwork.
5Modern 4pt.jpg
5Modern 4pt.jpg (26.82 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: The boomciv for Mod TL. Great for 1v1 and 2v2.
5Modern Air PopCap.jpg
5Modern Air PopCap.jpg (28.83 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: Fast air civ with popcap. This is the air civ I see most people using successfully.
5Modern Tank Rush.jpg
5Modern Tank Rush.jpg (24.16 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: This civ, if used correctly is HELLA STRONG. Do a push at around 6-7 f11, at a time where you should have around 4 tanks upgraded twice on attack. First get your pocket to come and take out any AT your enemy wing might have, and then go in for the kill. This civ will dominate early on if used correctly.
5Modern Wing.jpg
5Modern Wing.jpg (30.78 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: Standard wing civ. If you're new to Mod TL this is the civ for you, it has great army bonuses and fast at the same time.
5Modern WingAllround.jpg
5Modern WingAllround.jpg (34.81 KiB) Viewed 17229 times
Use: Captain Nemo inspired Mod TL civ. You basically just counter whatever the enemy is going. And what makes this truly awesome is it's siege area damage. For a game that lasts long, this is the civ you'll want to use.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

I hope these aren't ure personal pre civs for aoc, once u become experienced in pre u will find that building cf is useless compared to the other things u could spend it on, as for those noobs that don't understand wat scouting ure enemies incase there towering u ( the case of u not having tower range) best practice is to scout the map and put a club ay each stone mine, don't stop there if some1 is only going towers.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

herik wrote:I hope these aren't ure personal pre civs for aoc
They are.
herik wrote:once u become experienced in pre u will find that building cf is useless compared to the other things u could spend it on
Be more specific, which civ are you talking about and what would you change? For the sake of arguing, take one civilization at the time please.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Sorry my bad I was on phone, cf meant cr (cost reduction), and both 4v4 exp civs shouldn't need it.

I'm not anywhere close to aoc game, so I really can't tell you off top of my head.

I found this civ out, from serenity, elite, joey, cliffy, jossos <-- all these guys use it, and I'de imagine zeke did as well.

As for an "argument"? I wasn't looking for one, just telling you some information that you may or may not consider

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Also for your 4v4 swords civ middle age- building-cr, eco-hunting(might have to take out i forget),iron,farming general-pop cap,
swords-btd,cr,speed,attak,hp ( should have points left over for cits speed or seige range i think (as i said b4, I'm not close to comp)).

with this civ you can live off 2 farms popped with to 8. and thats plenty of food

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

herik wrote:Sorry my bad I was on phone, cf meant cr (cost reduction), and both 4v4 exp civs shouldn't need it.
That's alright and all, but I really want to know what you would swap the building cr for. I mean, how am I going to consider swapping if I don't know what for. Taking it away gives 11 points, I'd imagine for the wing civ to use citizens spd/hp and bomber spd and then use this civ for both wing and pocket?

Anyway, I'm a big fan of building CR. I mean 2 more houses and 1 more tower in the beginning is really good. Specially when both wing/pocket send first 4 to you in wing. Not only this but it helps out throughout the game, specially with wonders/farms. Often I do both zeus and coliseum, and without CR my eco would fall too much behind.
I'm not saying Building CR is as important here as it is in a PF civ, but I really like it. And if the guess I came with (look above) is what you would swap BCR for, then I would not change it.
herik wrote:As for an "argument"? I wasn't looking for one, just telling you some information that you may or may not consider
What I meant to say, was "for the sake of your argument" aka the argument you already through in about no BCR.
herik wrote:Also for your 4v4 swords civ middle age- building-cr, eco-hunting(might have to take out i forget),iron,farming general-pop cap,
swords-btd,cr,speed,attak,hp ( should have points left over for cits speed or seige range i think (as i said b4, I'm not close to comp)).

with this civ you can live off 2 farms popped with to 8. and thats plenty of food
Are you talking about these civs:
download/file.php?id=1380
download/file.php?id=1381
Which I have in the "My Mid SH Civ Package" here:
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3374

Well I got it, just didn't put it into this package.. Basically because I see no one using slut in 4v4 anymore.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Arntzen wrote:
herik wrote:Sorry my bad I was on phone, cf meant cr (cost reduction), and both 4v4 exp civs shouldn't need it.
That's alright and all, but I really want to know what you would swap the building cr for. I mean, how am I going to consider swapping if I don't know what for. Taking it away gives 11 points, I'd imagine for the wing civ to use citizens spd/hp and bomber spd and then use this civ for both wing and pocket?

Anyway, I'm a big fan of building CR. I mean 2 more houses and 1 more tower in the beginning is really good. Specially when both wing/pocket send first 4 to you in wing. Not only this but it helps out throughout the game, specially with wonders/farms. Often I do both zeus and coliseum, and without CR my eco would fall too much behind.
I'm not saying Building CR is as important here as it is in a PF civ, but I really like it. And if the guess I came with (look above) is what you would swap BCR for, then I would not change it.
When i get home, I'll check it for you. But if I remember correctly, i did a fresh install, so may have to do some testing for you

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Exp, cots speed np, eco hunting, pop cap, swords attack up speed cr
Now 7 points left over can go on buildImg range, siege range and cits art or something. Or siege rang and cr, siege range pro ups. Use imageintion. Ask jossos for civil though, I may of missed somethin

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

btd kaz I'd swap gold mining for wood cutting in most of your cav civs. In 4v4 gold is not a limited ress, like it would so often be, and since u have more workers on wood it gives the mathematical edge to go for wood cutting. It also gives a faster boom, and since in most civs u're also without both btd on cav and CR on buildings it'd speed up your cav production.

I realize most people use gold mining, but when u're on a large map there really is no need for it.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

herik wrote:Exp, cots speed np, eco hunting, pop cap, swords attack up speed cr
Now 7 points left over can go on buildImg range, siege range and cits art or something. Or siege rang and cr, siege range pro ups. Use imageintion. Ask jossos for civil though, I may of missed somethin
You're not making a whole lot of sense here. I asked you specifically what you would swap the building CR points on, right know the only thing you've really mentioned is building range and I don't think that's worth loosing building CR over.
Captain Nemo wrote:btd kaz I'd swap gold mining for wood cutting in most of your cav civs. In 4v4 gold is not a limited ress, like it would so often be, and since u have more workers on wood it gives the mathematical edge to go for wood cutting. It also gives a faster boom, and since in most civs u're also without both btd on cav and CR on buildings it'd speed up your cav production.

I realize most people use gold mining, but when u're on a large map there really is no need for it.
I would swap the two too IF wood cutting was 11 civ points, but they aren't. For 4v4 civ you will either have to take away CA CR or balista range. We talked about this a while ago Nemo, and we both came to the conclusion that in theory wc is better, but in practice (because of the two more points needed for it) we don't use it. 1vs1 it could be used, but then again I'd loose something else I want like ballista attack or something.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

hmm okay, I guess it depends how it's built up I have room for it in mine :)
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Return to “Standard - High (SH)”