Middle sh sword sliding wing

Talk about strategies in here! (If you just want to post a civilization, use the Civilizations forum; if you only want to post a build order, use the Build Orders subforum)
Dr. Jones
Novice Member
Lobby Username: -(eT)- Critical

Middle sh sword sliding wing

Post by Dr. Jones »

CRITICAL's SWORD SLIDE START

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For training purposes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off i want to explain this civ to you.
FARMING: HUNTING AND FORAGING. This is to
gather tons of food with only 1 farm. Try to use everything that you put into your civ (if you have anything in
any of your civs you rarley or never use think of what you usually use and replace it). In my opinion food is the most
important recourse in mid sh. I have economy: hunting and foraging in my cav civ lol. The more food
you have the more citizens you have, and the more citizens you have the more resources you have, and the more
resources you have the bigger your army is, alright.
NOTE:::: moral is also extremely important in the slide situation, make sure you always get four(4) houses.
BUILDING COST REDUCTION for most of my civs and defiantly this 1. The cost reduction is important
for expanding to save a lot of resources, for building wonders, for getting towers and houses at the start,
getting farms early, i could go on and on. It is good to have in this civ.
SWORDS:: BUILD TIME DECREASE: is needed so you can produce swords quickly, you may find you have
enough barracks when expanding but it takes forever for them to get out. Speed is important.

COST REDUCTION:cost reduction is important for your army size. If you have cost reduction your army
is much bigger than without it, you run out of resources so much faster, size is important to.

SPEED: speed is important, i say again. you may need this to get around your enemies and when your vrs ca. If
the map is large it will take you forever to get across the map and attack.

Health Points: Health points are important they are greater than attack (which i just learned lol) when fighting and are
necessary for any good sword civ, when all the way up it owns, all there is to say lol.
EXPANSIONISM: exp is extremely important, it gives you bonuses on iron, gold and stone that is delivered
to it. 27% more resources are delivered to your stock piles if you have expansionism. If you populate your
settlements that is. If you have them poped to 50 you get 100% more resources. A small green dollar sign by
the town center when the citizen delivers his or her resources appears when you get bonus resources from
populating your settlements. So you can get 30 gold instead of 15 from 1 cit, although it still says the cit only has
15 resources it delivers more. Also besides the resources benefit you can make houses by town centers, houses
give your units moral which makes them have more health, like 1 sword could beat 1.56 swords sent in 1 after another if there's houses. houses only work if they are in a town center or capitals range. A town centers or capitals range is indicated by clicking on it and looking for small green dancing lights in a square around the outside it. A town center can only support moral
for 2 houses, a capitol supports a maximum of 4 houses. You can only have the maximum of 5 moral points by
getting a hero. ok now finally expansionism is extremely important because you can make citizens with it, very
quickly which is the main part. You need the citizens out early for the boom.
Now i have explained my civ enough, but you will have to prefect how to use it yourself.
now i would like to tell you how to slide in the game.
USEFUL HOT KEYS :
select a cit by pressing TAB, to select a specific amount press SHIFT+TAB, hold shift, and repeatedly press
tab and you will select 1 idol cit each time you press tab. use this when you start out to send citizens to iron,
forage, barracks, and the tower. use it as much as possible and constantly press ctrl - tab (which selects all idol citizens)
to check if you have idol citizens, this is especially important for a boom not to have any idol citizens because the whole
idea is to have a better eco than your enemy isn't it?

learn all the building hot keys:: like for barracks, stable, and so on.
OK HERE IS THE STRATEGY...

5 citizens made at capitol go to wood.
6 citizens to forage patch.
6 citizens to iron mine near wood.
choose civ.
4 citizens to 3 towers, place evenly throughout base, have all 4 citizens build on same tower.
1 citizen from forage build town center.
1 citizen from iron build town center.
1 citizen to barracks.
1 citizen to barracks.
1 citizen to house.
1 citizen to house.
put all 3 town centers on hot key, put rally on wood, mass citizens on wood(as much as food will provide).
put both barracks on hot-key and rally swords,(place them evenly throughout your base to be ready to be attacked from all sides.
2 other citizens from building earlier to 2 more houses.
put 4 citizens from building when they are finished on nearest hunt.

put rest of builders on wood, take 1 citizen and make SMALL bits of walls ONLY if it will help, try
to avoid blocking out large or moderate sections of your base, and try to avoid walls all together really but the do help sometimes.

when you have about 150 - 200 wood start building a farm and fill it. should be full by 5 or 6 f11.
upgrade iron mining on capitol.
upgrade framing at farm.
when you have about 150 - 200 wood again build another farm and fill it. should be full by 8 or 9 f11.
take a few citizens and put them on the closest iron mine to you, or safest, build a town center, and fill it.
take some more citizens and fill all the mines NEAR your base. gold and iron ect... stone isn't as important but keep a wonder in mind.
you will learn when to build buildings to expand your base and which ones with practice, like archery ranges,barracks, siege, ect...
you will probably end up with to much food so build more town centers near wood, put them on hot-key, and keep massing citizens.
when you have a lot of citizens on wood, more than you need then populate your mines to 50 to increase productivity and help your pop.
keep building soldiers the whole time.
attack when you feel its the right time.
make more farms for 1v1 like 10 for a 1v1 yes 10 lol.
make less for 4v4 or 3v3 like 2 or 3 but populate them when your populating your gold and iron mines.
keep expanding your base the whole game, expand with farms to.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TIPS

///NOTE: when first designing your base think about where your going to put your farms so you can protect them.///
///NOTE: try to make your base compact or small so there's less to guard, but make sure there is enough room for farms.////
///NOTE: avoid putting all of your defense at 1 spot, the enemies will just run past it, have it spread evenly throughout your entire base.///
///NOTE: when your being attacked you will have to run your citizens away to save them.///
///NOTE: put the citizens on hot-key to run them away from danger faster(doen't work for wood cutters because you are constantly adding them)///
///NOTE: be creative and make your own strategy built off of this that you are most comfortable with.///
///NOTE: later in the game never stop expanding your base.////
///NOTE: level your swords up to level 10 by around f11: 11 or 12
Last edited by Dr. Jones on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take the cookie and run

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Middle sh sword sliding wing

Post by Omega »

Dr. Jones wrote:SWORDS:: BUILD TIME DECREASE: is needed so you can produce swords quickly, you may find you have
enough barracks when expanding but it takes forever for them to get out. Speed is important.

COST REDUCTION:cost reduction is important for your army size. If you have cost reduction your army
is much bigger than without it, you run out of resources so much faster, size is important to.

SPEED: speed is important, i say again. you may need this to get around your enemies and when your vrs ca. If
the map is large it will take you forever to get across the map and attack.

ATTACK: attack is extremely important u need this to beat other swords, it just dominates when all the way up
not much more to say lol.
You forgot hit points. If one had to pick only 4 sword bonuses to have against a good opponent, it'd be build time decrease, cost reduction, speed, and hit points.

I'd only put attack over hit points in the case where the person I was facing was much worse than I was, in which case I'd be using an EEC rush civ and just dominate them in 5 minutes with a rally-rush (not even bothering to make towers or control my swords).
Dr. Jones wrote:EXPANSIONISM: exp is extremely important, it gives you bonuses on mines and wood and food that is delivered
And how exactly did you come by this information? Did you make it up, or did someone else make it up for you? It doesn't really matter either way since:
1) Expansionism doesn't do anything different than a normal town center would in regards to return bonuses
2) You don't get return bonuses from settlements, town centers, or capitols at any population level on the following: food and wood, which, somehow, you just listed as getting a bonus on...
Dr. Jones wrote:like 1 sword could beat 2 swords if there's houses.
Really? I'll assume that you were talking about in the range of a Capitol, with 4 houses, even though it seems like you were talking about a Town Center.

So let's say you and your opponent's swords are identical. They have 2, and you have 1. You have 4 bars of morale, meaning 40% damage reduction.

Let's say the swords have h health, and do n damage. The rate they attack is identical, so it doesn't really matter.

So, even assuming they send their swords in one after the other, we're going to have the following happen:
-in the time it takes for the first enemy sword to loose h health, your sword will loose h minus .4*h health, or 60% of its life, meaning it has 40% of its life remaining. That's less than half.
-If one enemy sword more than half kills your sword before your sword kills it, then logically, if your sword has less than half health when it engages the enemy sword, your sword will die before the enemy sword does, excluding say, a hospital.

Things look even worse if we were to consider both swords attacking your sword at once.
Dr. Jones wrote:houses only work if they are in a town centers range. A town centers range is indicated by clicking on it and looking
They work in the range of a Capitol too...

I pretty much stopped reading here, so I can't/won't comment on this overall.

Pinky
Intermediate Member

Post by Pinky »

Lol Omega your pretty straight up no bullshit and to the point, that's something I like about you but at the same time hes only trying to help
and it looks like you pretty much shot down, dissected, discredited and destroyed his entire post. I wouldn't think of telling you how do to your job (one which I could never do) but might humbly suggest saving your brute force post attacking for those who really deserve it.
I based this solely on this post and I might be completely wrong and completely out of context, and if that's the case then my 2ndary point is the following: "Hello Omega, long time no see. :D"
When Corinth and Sparta both attacked Athens, im pretty sure Athens did not call them "Doubling Noobs"

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

not too bad of a strat. try less detail on civ powers, keep in mind that most ppl no what the benefits of those civ powers are. meyb a little overview of the idea behind ur strat instead. i particularly liked ur notes at the end.
half arsed statistics dont really work when ppl have been playing and no just about all there is to no about ee. i took it as a rough estimate. but others wont, as u have already seen.
all in all its useable.

just stating again that hp > attack for swords every time(even tho i still c ppl choose attack over it time and time again). kinda reminds me of shang trying to tell omega that hp isnt needed in a sword slut civ. would b almost a year ago now. but it was a good laugh.

Omega
Administrator

Post by Omega »

Pinky wrote:Lol Omega your pretty straight up no bullshit and to the point, that's something I like about you but at the same time hes only trying to help
and it looks like you pretty much shot down, dissected, discredited and destroyed his entire post. I wouldn't think of telling you how do to your job (one which I could never do) but might humbly suggest saving your brute force post attacking for those who really deserve it.
I based this solely on this post and I might be completely wrong and completely out of context, and if that's the case then my 2ndary point is the following: "Hello Omega, long time no see. :D"
Hi Pinky, long time no see!

I do agree he was trying to help, and I do appreciate his post since after looking at the rest of it, it certainly doesn't look bad. However, I've made a point of contesting misinformation and bad information presented in the training areas of these forums. The reason for which is twofold, to prevent noobs from acquiring "facts" about the game that are fundamentally wrong and basing their play around them, and to hopefully straighten out the non-noobs who acquired these "facts" as noobs and propagate the misinformation (and most importantly to stop the people who don't know and make up the random bullshit that they later pass to other players as these "facts"--they do it so they look like they know what they're talking about, and they won't do it if they know they're going to be called on it). I find the best way to do this is to point the wrongness of said "facts" as directly as possible; it keeps the responses as short as possible, and they're more 'entertaining' to read so more people are going to get through them (For example, take: "Wtf are you smoking? Pikemen aren't archers, they're infantry spear." vs. "Well, although I do respect your opinion I have to say I believe that what you said just can't be correct, since pikemen aren't archers but instead infantry spear."--which is most effective? which is shortest? which is the average person most likely to continue reading?).

It was not my intention to discredit his entire post. If it was, I wouldn't have refrained from commenting on the whole, and would have simply said his whole post was shit (which, it certainly was not). Plus, the only time I'd even want to discredit someone's entire post is if the entire thing is misinformation, and certainly the OP here contained, for the most part, good information.

Dr. Jones
Novice Member

Post by Dr. Jones »

lol thanks for your feedback (sorry about some of those mistakes i made in there) i noticed some problems with hp in a game earlier today vrs ca so ill probably start using hp instead of attack with the support your tips to. ill try ta fix it up a bit im still learning myself. :D lol
Take the cookie and run

Dr. Jones
Novice Member

Post by Dr. Jones »

Really? I'll assume that you were talking about in the range of a Capitol, with 4 houses, even though it seems like you were talking about a Town Center.

So let's say you and your opponent's swords are identical. They have 2, and you have 1. You have 4 bars of morale, meaning 40% damage reduction.

Let's say the swords have h health, and do n damage. The rate they attack is identical, so it doesn't really matter.

So, even assuming they send their swords in one after the other, we're going to have the following happen:
-in the time it takes for the first enemy sword to loose h health, your sword will loose h minus .4*h health, or 60% of its life, meaning it has 40% of its life remaining. That's less than half.
-If one enemy sword more than half kills your sword before your sword kills it, then logically, if your sword has less than half health when it engages the enemy sword, your sword will die before the enemy sword does, excluding say, a hospital.

Things look even worse if we were to consider both swords attacking your sword at once.
lol sorry was kinda a rough estimate i guess 1 sword can beat 1.8 swords if there both sent in 1 after another.
Take the cookie and run

Omega
Administrator

Post by Omega »

Dr. Jones wrote:lol sorry was kinda a rough estimate i guess 1 sword can beat 1.8 swords if there both sent in 1 after another.
Close, but 15.4% too high! (Not trying to nit-pick, just thought at least someone might be interested in how you can figure it out)

It'd actually be that 1 sword with 4 bars of morale can beat ~1.56 identical swords without morale (the number may be slightly different, due to "overkill" not factoring in on any of these calculations, and them assuming both strike at exactly the same time), if they're sent in one after another.

After the first sword, then your sword has .4h health and their second sword has h health.

For their sword to bring yours down to 0 health, it needs to deal .4h + .4*.4h damage, or .56h damage.

In the time their sword deals .56h damage, so does yours. Thus, their swords remaining health after killing yours is going to be 1h minus .56h = .44h

Therefore, they will have beaten (killed) 1 sword, and .56 of a sword, or 1.56 swords.

Either way, if the swords are sent in simultaneously (which IMO is what really matters), then your sword dies before killing even one of theirs.

Then again, none of this makes morale any worse as it's obviously amazing, it just helps to get a realistic understanding of how good it actually is (which for some people is going to be like WOW I NEVER KNEW IT WAS THAT GOOD, and for others is going to be like WOW ITS A LOT WORSE THAN I THOUGHT IT WAS).

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

had second look at ur civ and what not. it looks really similar to mine(but with hp). did i give it to u?

Dr. Jones
Novice Member

Post by Dr. Jones »

you might have been using a different name, but elmer gave me the idea. Isnt he your bro or something?
Take the cookie and run

Dr. Jones
Novice Member

Post by Dr. Jones »

TO: Omega
I think i got rid of all the errors now, and feel free to tell me of anything else that is incorect.
Take the cookie and run

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

that makes sense, me and elmer use2 share alot of civs.
and that was 1 i took from him. i dont use it anymore, but it was a good civ. now i still hunt alot just without hunting in civ. is only a little slower but i think the att on swords makes up for it defence, and offencive wise.

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

i love this civ which taco originally gave me i thought the having no attack would make it a non raping civ :P but you can still rape them if u send in like 4 swords here there and to the back of them O.o also booms incredible xD
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

d-dog
Lobby Username: Cold Fusion

Post by d-dog »

My strat for sword sliding is, MAKE YOUR OWN, what works for one person doesn't mean it works for you, i guarentee if you spend time making your own, u'll discover u'll own much harder, but having civs from other players can definitly help you shape your own, just keep that in mind.

Thats what I did when I trained you dr. jones, even tho u probly don't remember it (when servers were still up), i only gave u bits and pieces of my strat. hehe
COLD FUSION COLD FUSION COLD FUSION COLD FUSION
BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_
D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Sliding I think is actually a bit more difficult compared to flat out rushing when it comes to any setting since you kinda have to know what a skilled rusher will do, when to anticipate what they do, and how to counter it. With that being said, what you actually do when sliding may be different from opponent to opponent, and is also based on your skill as well since it will require improvising (something not a lot of players do well).
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Return to “Strategy”