middle sh everything

Want to post something that only contains a build order? Put it in here.
taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

middle sh everything

Post by taco »

this was based off my old strat. but has been updated/other 1 is now deleted. this will contain the civs and strats for each of the 3 main units(swords knights ca) with both expan and settlements.

SWORDS SLUT:
cit hp bulding: cr, btd swords: att, hp, spd, cr, btd. seige: range phoph: btd eco: hunting&foraging, iron mining.

4v4 variation: 1.bulding: cr, swords: att, hp, spd, cr, btd. seige: range proph: hp eco: hunting&foraging, iron mining. pop cap
or 2. bulding: cr, swords: att, hp, spd, cr, btd. seige: range proph: btd eco: farming, iron mining. pop cap cit hp

START: make 4 cits from cap, then tab 12 to iron(2mines) pik civ 3 cits to each rax(1 cit should b out to help finish the 3rd rax) build swords(send 1st 6 to enemy asap). rally cits from cap to patch cits on the rax's build towers after pull ur hippos to cap with 1 cit ea hippo. fill patch and rest on wood.(you should only have about 4-6 on hippos) keep producing swords eco them abit, then start a boom.

4v4: is generally the same just only 10 cits on iron(the 2 extra cits will help building rax's, towers etc)
with the 2nd civ use ur hunt b4 going to farms. make sure ull have enough wood for them b4 ur hunt/patch is gone.

SWORD BOOM:
expansionism, swords: att, cr, btd, spd, hp, farming, buiding cr, seige range

4v4 variation: expansionism, swords: att, spd, hp, cr farming, buiding cr, seige range, att, pop cap, cit att

START: 6 iron, 6 patch 6 wood, 1 to lure each hippo rally 5 to wood from cap, pick civ take cits off wood(and 2 off patch, replace the 2 from the tc on the patch) and build 2 rax's 4cits to each, 4 cits for 3 towers and 4 houses, then bak on wood, build swords to defend asap, hunt fuck ur animals(means mass onto hunt) so from cap and ur 2tcs u want half ur cits being built going to wood, half hunt fucking depending on ur hunt u will either build another tc on a iron mine + a 3rd rax or u will start a farm. have a hero coming out about 18f11.

4v4: 6 iron, 6 patch 6 wood, 1 to lure each hippo rally 5 to wood from cap, pick civ take cits off wood(all wood cits should b building towers houses rax's) and build 3 rax's 3cits to each, 4 cits for 3 towers and 4 houses( or 4 towers 2 houses id recommend this for 4v4 as lack of wood at start), then cits bak on wood. rest is generally the same as above. this civ has alot of power late game. just dont go all out on the eco. 2 popped farms(reduced even to 1 farm late game for pop. 2 cap iron mines 1 stone. 2 gold. a decent amount of cits on wood.

SWORD UPGRADES INGAME:
if they are swords slutting: 2 att 1 spd 2 hp
if they are sword boom: either use the above, or go for 1att 1 spd 2hp 2 arrow(often a sword booms mix will b xbow which is the strengh behind the boom, 2 arrow stop the 1 hit kill, unless they have bow att in civ inwhich use 2 att.
if they are ca either 2 hp 2 arrow 1 spd 1 att
or u can get away with 2 att 2 arrow 1 spd 1 hp
4v4: generally its 1 att 2 arrow 1 spd 2hp. unless u no no1 is bows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CA SLUT:
ca: att, spd range cr eco: gold, wood, building btd, cr, balli: range, seige: range

4v4 att, spd range cr eco: gold, wood, building cr, balli: range, pop cap

START: tab5 cits to each gold mine(2 mines) rest to wood near the mine. rally 10 cits to wood. pick civ, take cits off wood to build 3 rangers(2 cits each) and 4 towers then put them bak on wood. make ca asap, lure a hippo to a settlement, and send ur 1st batch of ca to the enemies base. tap cits, kill hunt, slow them down however u can. upgrade ur ca in respect to there unit eg. against ca u will upgrade range fairly quickly. while against swords u will aim to mass and go for attack on ca 1st. u should have a good constant amount of ca building and will start getting more woof then gold about 8-10f11 this is when u start ur boom. pop a settle about 12f11

4v4 variation: same start but may need more cits on buildings, u should b pocket which means more time b4 u can b slutted so u should b just about right. alot of ca players wall up in pocket. which is also a good idea if ur map allows it. gives u stone for an earlier colli.

CA BOOM:
expan, ca: att, range, spd, cr building: cr eco: gold mining bali: range cit hp

4v4: expan, ca: att, range, spd, building: cr eco: gold mining bali: range, att mountain cb bonus, pop cap seige: range

START:
6 gold 6 patch 12 wood, rally 5 from cap to wood. pik civ build 2 rangers with 3 cits each from wood cits, 3towers with 4 cits each(take off wood and some patch cits) 4 towers if u need to, build ca asap. pull ur hippos like every other civ above and use about 6 on them. stil lsend ur 1st 2 ca to tap thier cits, ak etc, rally to wood till u have more wood and then grab another gold mine and build more rangers, should also have a few cits on iron come 14f11. and have a hero out by at least 25

4v4 variation: generally the same but walling up is advisable. without cr on ca ur wing will b taking the heat for a bit. should not use this civ if wing isnt slutting(if both there pocket slut, and u both boom u will just b outmassed and he will die, then u). is an absolutely devastating late game civ if u get there.

CA UPGRADES INGAME:
agaisnt swords: 2 att 2 range 1 spd
against ca: 2 att 2 range 1 spd
or 2 att 2 range 1 hp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNIGHTS: are generally a 50/50 chance of having either the advantage or disadvantage. ur civ needs b able to have some advantage over their unit. in most cases its bali upgrades, in which will bring u bak into the game against ca. they tend to b strongest given the following circumstances upgraded 2 att 2 hp 1 spd, has a warrior hero a zues. AND in games with lower pop. 3v3-4v4 i would ONLY recommend going them. even in a 1v1 a sword slut will give knights a run for their money, its just not worth the 75% chance of losing b4 the game starts.

KNIGHTS SLUT:
knights: att, spd,hp, cr, btd, hunting&foraging, gold mining, building cr. bali: att, range

4v4: att, spd,hp, cr, btd, farming, gold mining, building cr. bali: range, popcap

START: tab 5 cits to each of the 2 goldmines, tab 4 cits to patch, rally a dog then 4 cits to wood, pick civ. use the 6 cits to build 2 stables(3 cits each) then build either 4 towers 2 houses or 3 towers 4 houses(recommend this 1) with the cits on wood and the cits already buildings. build knights asap. lure ur hippos. if they are ca pop a mine about 5f11 with the other mines cits mass wood. and build bali. most cases u can hold them off. while having a decent boom.

4v4. exactly the same just with less worry about ca, alot of empathies on ur teams sword/knight micro or ca/knight micro.

KNIGHT BOOM:
1v1/2v2: expan, knights: att, spd, hp, cr, building cr, farming, bali: range, att seige: range, cit att

3v3/4v4: expan, knights: att, spd, hp, cr, building cr, farming, bali: range, seige: range popcap

START:tab 6 cits to gold 6 to patch 12 to wood. rally a dog then 4 cits to wood. pick civ. use all wood cits to build 2 stables 3 towers 4 houses, lure ur hippos to a settlement, pop alot of cits while countering ur opponent with knights +/- ur bali if u need it for ca. dont rush to early to get farms use ur hunt. and wood. this is a late game civ. so u will want a decent army and a hero at least b4 attacking.

3v3/4v4 variation: generally the same except u want to make sure u dont go overbord with ur eco. 3v3 should have 1 more popped farm(3 in total) 3/4 capped goldmines a decent amount of woodcutters 1 stone 1 iron. ur aim is to b mostly army. and have the combo of zues warrior hero and a decent amount of pop for army(at least half ur pop) this is where knights > ca when u have more army then the ca do

KNIGHT UPGRADES INGAME:
2 att 2 hp 1 spd. no exceptions ( i c alot of ppl get 16+6 spd on knights its a waste dont do it)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

things u should no/ im stressing the importance of how much easier and better these little things will do:
-always use ur hunt b4 farms when booming(ppl tend to ak alot in mid espessially 1v1)
-wall off ur flanks so u dont need to worry about every angle
-generally slut civs have 1 weak mine which is only protected by 1 tower(usually the outside mine) u should target that mine to slow them down.
-4v4 with farming in civ 2 popped farms is enough food income and 2-3 caped iron mines , so save ur pop and dont go overbord.
-when slutting upgrading attack early so cits die 2 hits, or 3hits with cit hp
-without cr on ca in 4v4 its best to wall up to avoid getting fucked by 3times the amount of swords to ur ca
Last edited by taco on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wizo
Advanced Member

Re: middle sh everything

Post by Wizo »

ty for this nice post taco, but:
ca: att, btd spd range cr eco: gold, wood, building btd, cr, balli: range, seige: range
how can you afford all these things lol?

And ur swordboom:
SWORD BOOM:
expansionism, swords: att, btd, spd, hp, farming, buiding cr, seige range
U forgot sword cr i guess?
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

u dont rly need cr in boom civ :s

@taco: how would u start with persians non expansionism :s
I am sweet.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

hello wrote:@taco: how would u start with persians non expansionism :s
Is this a serious question?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

hello wrote:u dont rly need cr in boom civ :s

@taco: how would u start with persians non expansionism :s
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=941

Replace Imps with Persians.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

yes it is ._.

i would like to compare different starts to find out the best

sry that i am soo ultranoobie and ask a question -.-

___

ty ghost
I am sweet.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

ye your pretty noobie..

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

yer wizo ur right on both accounts. was quite late for me, knew id mess something up somewhere. yea cr is in the boom civ. and ca btd isnt in the ca slut. ive fixed it up. but thx

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

hello wrote:yes it is ._.

i would like to compare different starts to find out the best

sry that i am soo ultranoobie and ask a question -.-
Apologies, it's often difficult to differentiate sarcasm from a genuine noob question.

Anyway, Ghost's answer is pretty much the same as what I'd do.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Thanks for this post taco.
I liked ur 4v4 variation on swords.
As u said 2 more ppl on building racks and towers,
does that mean 3 3 4 on racks, then 4 3 3 on towers (start with where u think ur getting hit first), or something else?

Ur sword-boom start is 6 iron, 6 patch and 8 wood not 10 I guess.
Then 2 cits from capitol/tc to lure hippo, then what? 2 from towers on hippo and rest on wood?

Tryed out ur ca slut start and it made me improve a bit, so thx for that :!:

Knights looks good tho In my experiece in 4v4 u need hero very fast, I try pop it before 15 f11. So i send 2 or 3 cits to iron at start. U disagree?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

for 4v4 swords. id try out just how many cits u need to get at least(2) preferably 3 of the 4 towers up in time. its a rough estimate i generally only need 2 more cits(taken from iron). but some ppl are slower and may need more. ur big concern is them slutting u b4 ur towers are up and ur 3rd wave of swords out to defend ur eco. 1st 6 swords rally straight to ur wing which is what u should/they should b doing to u. works the best with the 80 iron tribbed to u, otherwise ur gonna have a little wait in between some lot of swords i think its the 8-9th swords line is broken slightly. not the biggest problem but really helps against the 1st few swords being sent to u.
might seem like its alot for such a simple question, but thats what u need to b able to do and use as many cits as u can to get that to happen.

my apologies for the confusion on the sword boom,i donno y i didnt pick that up, anyway when i made this it was based on my old strat. but with a few improvements, to save time i copied and pasted. there are a few flaws :l thanks, should b fixed up the top now

knights are incredible, and ur right with a hero are far more deadly, however they are almost useless in 2v2 since there power comes from lack of pop to counter them. in a 4v4 the ideal situation would b that u mass ur knights and ur wing masses swords and gets a slightly earlier hero about 12-15f11. as hes focusing on iron and u have goldmining in civ. but imo even with 3 cits on iron will hinder ur boom quite significantly, even being able 2 mass(u should also be tribbing ur wing ur iron, which im guessing u dont, to get a hero).

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

I allways trib 80 iron at start, coz of the bigg differece it makes for my wing. But dont trib any more after that so I get hero up earlyer. + I need iron for a temple of zeus later. Thx for ur answers, it will help alot for me and I'll surely tell this to others. :D

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger »

What's the point of sword BTD in a boom civ?

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

i tryed a boomciv without sword btd, and found out it took ages for the swordmen to get out. btd on swords make a huge difference ;)
u have to remember that u need to hold an rush. 3 towers, 4 houses and no btd on swords cant hold it, in my opinion/experience.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

Texas Ranger wrote:What's the point of sword BTD in a boom civ?
this allows for a 2 rax start. which means 191 more wood. more then enough to give u 4 houses and a little extra. against a slut its 1 of the biggest factors of u being able to survive, more swords u can get out early means less chance the slut is going to hurt u as much. it also is really handy late game, where u have a huge eco and just massing the fuck out of ur swords keeping them off there mines/distracted from the trebs u should b massing inside ur base. i would have this is all my sword civs, but something had to go to allow for popcap 4v4 :l

Return to “Build Orders”