Gren war SH.

Want to post something that only contains a build order? Put it in here.
Sparky
Basic Member
Lobby Username: Sparky

Gren war SH.

Post by Sparky »

Okay my build is.. ( civ at the bottom )

6 citz on iron
6 citz on Iron

Then select civ.

Then i grab IN THIS ORDER, 2 citz on barracks 2 citz on barracks and 4 citzens on barrcks

the reason on why it is in this order, is that...

By the time youve selected the 4 citizens to build a barracks the other two would of cought up and they should all be done around the same time.

You can change this to...
3 on barracks/ 3 on barracks / 2 on barracks.

if you desire../ perfer.

Okays now we have iron and our barracks standing and 8 citz standing around.. we need to build settlements next to the Iron if your a quick player try and do this as you build your barracks preferably before the Iron miners start to walk to the capital.

So to sum this up.. 12 on iron select civ 2 on barrcks 2 on barracks 4 on barracks, build settlements.

get 5 citz from cap and place on wood..

stick 4 idle citz on forage, and 2 on a hippo, and 2 on wood.

when you have 100 wood build a farm over the forage patch.

also build houses XD !! 2 or 4 should do it.

then from this point on share your food with replenishing your grens and your citz on wood and keep expanding on more barracks and maby some more farms etc..

Upgrade your grens range x 1 attack x 1 health x 1 then range again then attack.

Put your grens in ground stance behaviour and second line formation.

Save for hero at F 11 9.. and upgrade your farms at F 11 8...

It should look somthing like this .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZDc0iOgz_k

Civilisation....

Civ blds walls and towers :
cost reduction
build time decreased
Civ economy:
Hunting and foraging.
Iron mining.
Civ infantry ranged:

Build time decreased
Cost reduction
Hit points
Range.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Gren war SH.

Post by Arntzen »

The first thing u do, is buying citizens. It should be around 5 or more. After that u do as u said:
12 on iron, pick civ, 2-3-3 on rax, make settlement near each iron. send 1 cit to lure hippo, make grens...

Ur goal is to make nonstop grens and nonstop citizens from capitol. therefor luring hippo early is important. Also when u send out the 12 citizens on iron u should hotkey them on 2 different groups, so u easly can get enough iron just before the 3 grens are done. Always get 4 houses. I usually start spareing for hero at about 11-13 f11. And its out at 15-16. Idno if this is "after the book" but this have worked for me the grengames i've played. Also allways wall, spesually when u have a iron mine close to enemie. And always send some grens to eco at start, the "boom till 25 f11 when u got capitols at iron, 3 full granary and full pop army then attack" game aint fun.

And obviously use hotkeys. Cant discribe how important hotkeys are.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

VoE_CusTomm^
Lobby Username: VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

To be honest the Start always is similar, just littel details change, no big deal.

Gren will maybe always be the same story, but you will build and play different when you rush, offensive or defensive. It will look similar of course but there is some different tactics to win the game, the details at the start dont matter, but if you just play around without any concept you will loose.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

1 civ, 1 buildorder, 1 age, 1 maptype, 1 mapsize, 1 unit...

VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

And still you will loose all games vs me, so there must be a difference ;)

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

No reason to get cocky, ur skill-level compared to mine has nothing to do with the fact that i think grenwar is boooooooring.

VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

Kazter wrote:1 civ, 1 buildorder, 1 age, 1 maptype, 1 mapsize, 1 unit...
I dont get cocky, but to be honest when I read your phrase, it acutally says that everyone could learn Gren in 1 week and would be pro already, and the genrell skill level of Gren ends on a especial point where everyone could get to, easily.
And thats wrong, there is a main civ, but you can change some things, there is no need for a 3 rax start, you can start with 2 and farm also with some houses and have good chances to win.

The fact is , Gren is easy in its generell gaming, but you can make different tactics, that are hard to play for your opposit and you.
To stay on the hill and wait for hero, sadly, but thats the Gren of today, and I agree in any point that this is totally boring...

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

VoE_CusTomm^ wrote: I dont get cocky, but to be honest when I read your phrase, it acutally says that everyone could learn Gren in 1 week and would be pro already, and the genrell skill level of Gren ends on a especial point where everyone could get to, easily.
And thats wrong, there is a main civ, but you can change some things, there is no need for a 3 rax start, you can start with 2 and farm also with some houses and have good chances to win.
First off all, u havent seen me play grenwar so saying i'll loose vs u every single game is beeing cocky.
Secound, i have never said that everyone can get pro in gren in 1 week, where u get that from??
But i am saying now that i think everyone can get decent at grenwar with 4 effective hours training, because grenwar is so simple to learn.

And 2 rax start with farm?!?! that will work if ur enemie are retarded and wont attack/eco u for 10f11.

Sparky
Basic Member
Lobby Username: Sparky

Post by Sparky »

It's very true with the last comment, it is cocky of you no offence, it's more arragance to surgest some one will loose without knowing whom that player is..

Prior to that thanks for checking out my posts.

And, grens is easy to learn yes, but it is pure tactics that able the win.. do you defend ? then rush on when youve successfully defended ?

Do you rush on, and eco kill ?

Do you get numbers over quility ? or quility over numbers ?

Do you micro tactics ?

All these come in to play i usually end up with two citizens after my build, and i can several choices..

either houses ? walls ? or more hunting..

The game is easy to learn, but it's still fun i always find f11 games more fun, because a game that consist of 3 minutes, is a little weak in my opinion.

I'm not a rush gamer but i've adapted.

Grens back in the day were a popular game type. This post was to just keep it alive and refresh the build for people who may want to learn it.

thanks for posting guys !

Return to “Build Orders”