Whisper system not as desired

If you have any unique feature requests, post them here! There is already a large to-do list and things will take time to be implemented.
I am no longer taking feature requests due to the limited amount of time I can devote to programming the lobby.
snupi
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: ugug

Whisper system not as desired

Post by snupi »

Greetings to you all.

The whisper system in the lobby is in my opinion not as desired in the fellow mentioned aspects:

1) You only see whether you are whispering or writing in the public chat by one small word on the bottom right corner. This word can be easily overseen. I suggest you signal whether one is writing in whisper or in chat more explicit, e.g. maybe colored sign.

2) To change between chat and whisper you need to select the drop-down menue and then click on whisper or chat. This is not desired, because it is a detour. I suggest that one can switch between chat and whisper by single mouse click or a hotkey.

3) You do not see who you will whisper. This is not desired, since one always want to know who one are whispering to. I remember, in the old lobby, if one want to whisper someone anything in the chat box will be shown /w "NAME" MESSAGE.

4) The color of whisper is not as desired. A whisper looks like this:
[12:34:56] NAME whispers to you: MESSAGE
The shown sentence part "whispers to you:" and the real message are the same color. This is not as desired, since the "whispers to you" is unrelated, and one only care for the real message, and thus this "whispers to you" should be in another color to seperated explicit from the real message, because it is lightly confusing.

5) The shown message from the server is way too long and unnecessary.
It looks unnecessary and ugly, if the server text e.g. "whispers to you" is so long, and often much longer as the real whisperd message and wasting place of my screen. This is confusing and annoying if on ones screen there are like 20 sentence with "whispers to you". Also, if you want to look up something in your chat log, it is harder too find it because too many sentences start with "You whisper to NAME:" Shorter would be "From NAME" and "To NAME" instead of this long text such as "NAME whispers to you:" and things.

6) When whispering someone, there are always people writing between. This is annoying, if you want to hold a conversation with whispering, and do not want to get confused by some public chat inserts. The option should be given to block all public chat insertions for a time or to suppress it for a time which is desired.

7) The whisper system fails at multiple whispering. You can not efficiently hold a whisper conversation with many people at the same time. You have to always click on a name and then select whisper again, when you are whispering to him. After clicking, you do not know if your click was right because it is not written there to who you are now whispering. I suggest that a new window or box or whatever should open up, when you whisper someone, so you can easily switch between these windows/box to only have the chat log from the persons whisper you desire.

Ok jetzt auf deutsch, damit mich alle verstehen: Das Flüster-System hier ist das absolute Versagen. So was Billiges habe ich noch nie gesehen. Sogar Knuddels ist da besser.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Re: Whisper system not as desired

Post by Sexacutioner »

go to options and change everything you want in there

mass whisper isnt there because people abuse it

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Whisper system not as desired

Post by Ghost »

Time to make you look like a dumbass.
snupi wrote:1) You only see whether you are whispering or writing in the public chat by one small word on the bottom right corner. This word can be easily overseen. I suggest you signal whether one is writing in whisper or in chat more explicit, e.g. maybe colored sign.
You can set the chat to "Revert After Whisper" and therefore the chat mode always defaults to lobby chat after any message is sent. If you use this, you won't have this problem.
snupi wrote:2) To change between chat and whisper you need to select the drop-down menue and then click on whisper or chat. This is not desired, because it is a detour. I suggest that one can switch between chat and whisper by single mouse click or a hotkey.
There are several ways to change between whisper and chat besides clicking the drop-down. Double-clicking any user's name in the list will change it to a whisper to that user. You can click on any user's name and hit Whisper. You can type /r to reply to the last person who whispered you, or /w "name" manually for any person you want. To change back to chat, all you have to do is type /chat or /chat <message you want to send>.
snupi wrote:3) You do not see who you will whisper. This is not desired, since one always want to know who one are whispering to. I remember, in the old lobby, if one want to whisper someone anything in the chat box will be shown /w "NAME" MESSAGE.
The person you are currently whispering is selected in the user list. This always happens, no matter what method you use to whisper someone.
snupi wrote:4) The color of whisper is not as desired. A whisper looks like this:
[12:34:56] NAME whispers to you: MESSAGE
The shown sentence part "whispers to you:" and the real message are the same color. This is not as desired, since the "whispers to you" is unrelated, and one only care for the real message, and thus this "whispers to you" should be in another color to seperated explicit from the real message, because it is lightly confusing.
The current color scheme is closer to emulating the WON lobby. Only the username is going to be different, since it requires more distinction than the rest. The rest of the text will be one color to retain simplicity in user customization. I remember, in the last number, that you were bitching that something was not like the old lobby. Stop bitching.
snupi wrote:5) The shown message from the server is way too long and unnecessary.
It looks unnecessary and ugly, if the server text e.g. "whispers to you" is so long, and often much longer as the real whisperd message and wasting place of my screen. This is confusing and annoying if on ones screen there are like 20 sentence with "whispers to you". Also, if you want to look up something in your chat log, it is harder too find it because too many sentences start with "You whisper to NAME:" Shorter would be "From NAME" and "To NAME" instead of this long text such as "NAME whispers to you:" and things.
Again, we're trying to emulate the WON lobby. Stop bitching.
snupi wrote:6) When whispering someone, there are always people writing between. This is annoying, if you want to hold a conversation with whispering, and do not want to get confused by some public chat inserts. The option should be given to block all public chat insertions for a time or to suppress it for a time which is desired.

7) The whisper system fails at multiple whispering. You can not efficiently hold a whisper conversation with many people at the same time. You have to always click on a name and then select whisper again, when you are whispering to him. After clicking, you do not know if your click was right because it is not written there to who you are now whispering. I suggest that a new window or box or whatever should open up, when you whisper someone, so you can easily switch between these windows/box to only have the chat log from the persons whisper you desire.
See answer to #5. As for who you're whispering, see answer to #3. There are alternate ways to have a private conversation with multiple people, such as hosting a passworded game. It is possible to send multiple whispers at once, but if everyone could do that then we would have the problem of everyone spam whispering everyone else in the lobby to come to their game like we did a year ago.

You seem to be the only one who has ever bitched about the whispering. This isn't an instant messaging service. It's not perfect by any means. I don't have time to make it perfect. I'm not a paid programmer. Not to mention that making a group chat system is more trouble than it's worth.

At this point, the private chat system is final and I am not taking requests for it. As for anything else, the lobby will get its improvements when I feel like doing them. Frankly, programming the lobby took a toll on me the past few years, especially when I spent the majority of my free time on it. Right now, I have better things to do with my life than to listen to your sorry ass bitch about a free fucking program. Ungrateful bastard.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Return to “Request Features”