facebook link on the user context

If you have any unique feature requests, post them here! There is already a large to-do list and things will take time to be implemented.
I am no longer taking feature requests due to the limited amount of time I can devote to programming the lobby.
ACU33c
Basic Member

facebook link on the user context

Post by ACU33c »

how about a direkt link for facebook on the User in the contex menue (right click on the user) ?
The user can add his facebook profile if he like.

or maybe just a photo ?

just an idea

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Re: facebook link on the user context

Post by X warrior411 »

I don't think Ghost/Omega/Nola/whoever works on the site would be able to do that since the forum uses phpBB, but who knows, I don't.

-edit- Misunderstood what he wrote, thought it was for the forums.
Last edited by X warrior411 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

I think he means for the lobby.

VoE_CusTomm^
Lobby Username: VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

I mean , it kind off would be really cool to just see a picture , so you know who you play with.

But we have to consider some things. First , most people wont do it, for good reasons.
Second, we are still in the internet, playing an online multiplayer game, not a partner institute. So it got nothing really to do with the game and maybe would be dispensable for the work that the admins have to put in.

Facebook is a bad Idea in my opinion. It could be easily used to stalk and facebook is for contact your friends and exchange photos or w/e, and is basically not meant for homosexuals to be used as partnersearch or for looking at randoms people's pictures ( for what ever reason ) ( Anyway , most people block photos for unknowns anyway...) , if you understand what I mean 33c.
To be honest, I really dont wanna get to personal with my Cyber-friends, and will never meet them in RL ( 1-2 exceptions). So I dont see the sense in a facebook link, if you know a player well you can still ask him to maybe add you in Facebook or something.
Last edited by VoE_CusTomm^ on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

ACU33c
Basic Member

Post by ACU33c »

hmm .... i think finaly u are right !

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

TrichomE - paRa wrote:I mean , it kind off would be really cool to just see a picture , so you know who you play with.

But we have to consider some things. First , most people wont do it, for good reasons.
Second, we are still in the internet, playing an online multiplayer game, not a partner institute. So it got nothing really to do with the game and maybe would be dispensable for the work that the admins have to put in.

Facebook is a bad Idea in my opinion. It could be easily used to stalk and facebook is for contact your friends and exchange photos or w/e, and is basically not meant for homosexuals to be used as partnersearch or for looking at randoms people's pictures ( for what ever reason ) ( Anyway , most people block photos for unknowns anyway...) , if you understand what I mean 33c.
To be honest, I really dont wanna get to personal with my Cyber-friends, and will never meet them in RL ( 1-2 exceptions). So I dont see the sense in a facebook link, if you know a player well you can still ask him to maybe add you in Facebook or something.
tl;dr here is my comeback, you don't have to post your facebook, I think cyber stalkers go for children and females not a bunch of guys playing an old RTS game

VoE_CusTomm^
Lobby Username: VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

But it is necessary ? No ...

Return to “Request Features”