ranking system

If you have any unique feature requests, post them here! There is already a large to-do list and things will take time to be implemented.
I am no longer taking feature requests due to the limited amount of time I can devote to programming the lobby.
Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

ranking system

Post by Eisregen »

what about a ranking sytem on save like the ladders from ee reborn.
only with no time limit?
for players over u get more points, then for lower players ..
and u can use ee and aoc not split both games.
peace eisregen
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

VoE_CusTomm^
Lobby Username: VoE_CusTomm^

Re: ranking system

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

There are different opinions about a ladder system.

First of all, if there would be a ranking system, it would be way easier, more comfortable , when it would be in the lobby instead to save-ee forum. And maybe even show up on your username. :)

Anyhow, a 365 day ladder basically , would make it harder for noobs maybe.

More competition would also consequence more flaming, probably.

I personally, would still enjoy such a system. Because competition also causes more friction and refreshes the game.
The question is, if it is possible for the admins... because we had the topic before and ghost said that his time is to limited atm.

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

Would be rly cool. Of course a ranking sytem in the lobby would be the best, but I'm fine with a sytem like on ee-reborn too.
But as Eis said, without a time limit.

If it's too much extra work for the mods to administer such a project, I would be glad to help.

Lg LacRi

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I found a system we could use for *team* ladders and tournaments but requires quite a bit of modification to set it up for individuals. This would all be integrated with the forums like the download system is, and that's the way I want to keep it.

Adding a ladder to the lobby wouldn't be a great idea because many people smurf and make new usernames a lot. We wouldn't be able to track the winners and losers of the game, so screenshot submission via the forums would be required.

I've been busy at work, putting in reasonable amounts of overtime. Summer is coming to an end and I'm not sure if I will have time to start and complete the modification project before the fall semester starts.

When time comes, there will likely be an all-time ladder as well as seasonal ladders. There's not going to be a huge ladder for all settings across both games because there's too many players that stick to one sett. It would show biased rankings.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

The smurfing thing is true , but it always had been like this. A ladder system in the lobby would be better in a way , so you can always quickly look up the rank of people , and dont have to start firefox go to save-ee , log in , apply for a winning point...

I mean isnt there a way to at least get rid of smurfs in a all time ladder ? For example just allow 1 account per userlist / IP / computer who can attend in the ladder ranking.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

TrichomE - paRa wrote:The smurfing thing is true , but it always had been like this. A ladder system in the lobby would be better in a way , so you can always quickly look up the rank of people , and dont have to start firefox go to save-ee , log in , apply for a winning point...

I mean isnt there a way to at least get rid of smurfs in a all time ladder ? For example just allow 1 account per userlist / IP / computer who can attend in the ladder ranking.
Running it from the website is not a big deal, and adding a tab for it to the lobby also wouldn't be a big deal. Plus, who has to log in every time they visit this site? I'd expect most people who visit here check the "remember me" box. This is pretty much a moot point too, because if you read Ghost's post he points out that "we wouldn't be able to track the winners and losers of the game, so screenshot submission via the forums would be required." Unless, of course, you're suggesting that the ability to submit screenshots for this also be added to the lobby... But, frankly, there's a massive time differential between tweaking existing code that does more or less what you want it to ALREADY, versus writing the whole thing yourself from scratch.

There isn't a way to get rid of smurfs, at least not automatically. It's just not feasible to expect a simple set of rules like you've outlined to stop determined people attempting to get around said rules--sure, it stops the people who aren't very determined or aren't very intelligent, which is why we use similar safeguards for say, the polls. But, what about players who know how to change their IP address, and are using two different computers? Et cetera. It's possible to catch 99.9% of those people via manual checking (which is why the polls are checked manually, as well), but that's extremely time consuming.

Basically, time is always an issue. We don't get paid for anything we do here, it's strictly volunteer, and although I agree an integrated ladder system for the lobby would be very cool, the additional cost isn't worth the additional benefit. The additional benefit of integrating the ladder into the lobby would simply be a relatively minor convenience, whereas the cost would be a MASSIVE amount of additional time.

VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

Okay TRUE.

But let me just tell you how I thought its gonna work. Even when it doesnt work or when you already told me that you dont have time.

I remember a ladder in the old lobby hosted by Heros_Btw or something. And I remember trying to smurf this ladder because my first score sucked :P. Basically the problem was that the guy ''Btw'' just had to click one buttom and got rid of all the same IP's, the IP's werent only kicked, they were banned, the smurf name and the orignall name. I am not sure if you could run this system in respect to the lobby. If you say that the time consuming part would be getting rid of smurfs, the problem would be solved. Well, of course there is people who can change their IP's , but first of all thats not many, and the other thing is maybe they are fair players. I mean an auto check you get rid of maybe 85-90% of smurfs, and when you maybe check the ladder one time in a week just brief, it would be enough because the ladder is not time limted. So when people push their selfs to the top with smurfing you could easily see it with just a brief check, and they will be kicked or banned from the ladder, nvm if they were 1 or 2 weeks at the top, everyone is gonna know that they cheated.

Second thing is , I dont really understand your screenshoot thing. Ghost is able to make this littel screens with votes or polls for the lobby. So basically what about this : Everytime when you won a game you can open one of this littel screens type the name of the guy you won , the exact username and click submit, for the other guy, a screen automatically opens with a request, and he has to agree the lost and submit, so that I than get a point.

Like I said before, I dont know if this is possible. ( Probably not )

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Screenshot submission of a victory will be required because you would have the problem with people who don't admit defeat, or a game with a disputed victory, etc. Having everything integrated with the lobby would be nice and everything but it's simply not the best option.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

I dont think that screenshoots are necessary, I remember several ladders we had, with the system I mentioned before. It always worked fine, and when we heard that someone is not accepting his defeats, we simply kicked him from the next games...

I dont think that our community is so stupid in generall that they destroy their own fun. Also I dont think that our community needs to be controlled or needs to be brought to perfection. We all can take a little bit of responsibility ourself, when some can't, it will take about 2 days that this guy will be kicked from any ladder games.

It always worked like this, why shouldnt it now ? And really, if someone doesnt accept his defeat, you can still make screenshoots and post them ( maybe in a new section in the forums )

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

TrichomE - paRa wrote:I dont think that screenshoots are necessary, I remember several ladders we had, with the system I mentioned before. It always worked fine, and when we heard that someone is not accepting his defeats, we simply kicked him from the next games...

I dont think that our community is so stupid in generall that they destroy their own fun. Also I dont think that our community needs to be controlled or needs to be brought to perfection. We all can take a little bit of responsibility ourself, when some can't, it will take about 2 days that this guy will be kicked from any ladder games.

It always worked like this, why shouldnt it now ? And really, if someone doesnt accept his defeat, you can still make screenshoots and post them ( maybe in a new section in the forums )
a) Communities are always stupid
b) All previous ladders asked for screens (which was probly the only reason why people always confirmed)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

Ehm no , the previous didnt. I dont know about EE-reborn ladders. But I was mainly talking about Heros_BTW ladder in the old lobby. Where we had the system that I discribed

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

TrichomE - paRa wrote:Ehm no , the previous didnt. I dont know about EE-reborn ladders. But I was mainly talking about Heros_BTW ladder in the old lobby. Where we had the system that I discribed
You were asked to submit screens, too ;)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

You know u talk bavarian bullshit ;)

Return to “Request Features”