Personal lobby ban

If you have any unique feature requests, post them here! There is already a large to-do list and things will take time to be implemented.
I am no longer taking feature requests due to the limited amount of time I can devote to programming the lobby.
lightnessking.
Nemesis

Personal lobby ban

Post by lightnessking. »

Hey, would it be possible, to allow users to "ban" players (not from save-ee, but at EE games)

I mean, if you right click someone, select ban user from game so he is not able to join your game anymore (E.G ban by firewall etc)

I know there is no option to add that ingame, but maybe in the lobby?
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Moo
Spam4food

Re: Personal lobby ban

Post by Moo »

Im Lightnessking4you and I'm posting the same thing 5 other people did, whats a password?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

there must be some way to allow you to ban people, so I like to push it, happy ?
If you got nothing interesting to say just shut up..

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Hey, would it be possible to prove the invisible pink and yellow spotted dragon named ethyl is real?

If you prove it is real, you'll get your ban option.

There must be some way to allow you to prove the invisible pink and yellow spotted dragon named ethyl is real, so I like to push it. Happy?

Also, I have apparently concluded you can prove the invisible pink and yellow spotted dragon named ethyl real by merely wanting it to be true, and we all know that wanting something badly enough is enough to make it true automatically.

Furthermore, despite being convinced that the invisible pink and yellow spotted dragon named ethyl can be proven to be real, I'm going to leave it up to you to do all the work, and get defensive when anyone tells me that I'm being unrealistic or doesn't immediately do what I want.

---

On a more serious note...

Yeah, it'd be in the realm of possibility. However, due to the fact that we'd need to create and/or integrate a software firewall into the lobby, the fact that software firewalls can conflict with each other, and so on, don't expect it to ever happen. We could also of course provide every player's current IP address so they could be added to your firewall manually, however, that'd kill smurfing and be unacceptable for the majority of players.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Oke, what about a simular ban system save-ee lobby client uses?
for example:

Server specified:
*Admin* clicks ban, the following happens: You cannot log into the lobby anymore

Player specified:
*Player1* clicks ban *Player2*, the following happens: *Player2* cannot connect to *Player1* game by port 33334-33336 anymore

I know, if it is possible, it will take alot of effort to create such thing.
And I believe that it's 100% worth it.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Denying someone's connection to the lobby is completely different from making one player totally refuse incoming packets from another. The lobby simply can't do it because it's a limitation of VB.NET.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

lightnessking4you wrote:there must be some way to allow you to ban people, so I like to push it, happy ?
If you got nothing interesting to say just shut up..
I hope you know I meant the password your allowed to have when hosting a game, if smurfing REALLY bothers you then when you see a suspicious guy then ask a mod to smurf check them

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

It's easy to create a new account and continue smurfing, and if I keep kicking potentiel smurfs I also have to kick new persons.

But okay, I'll kick any smurfs&new persons.

Return to “Request Features”