new patch: impression after the first game

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
Baron
Basic Member

new patch: impression after the first game

Post by Baron »

1. you cant upgrade from shortswords to longswords, the samurai button killed the research button.

2. 60 hp for huskarls.. far too less. 10 samurai will probably kill 300 huskarls

3. samurais are far too strong, their attack rate is insane

4. Moorish Cavalry is far too strong with their new ability

my first impression after 2 short games

Baron
Basic Member

Re: new patch: impression after the first game

Post by Baron »

i made some tests in scen mode:

10 samurais kill over 70 huskarls, even if each samurai fight 7 huskarls at the same time

1 samurai would win vs thousands of huskarls, cause in 1v1 the huskarls dont make any damage to the samurai

well, now we need to include laser troopers in mid wars, so someone can beat the samurais.

seriously, i know the balance of power of shock, pierce and arrow units. i know how samurais will get owned by persians. but the different units in mid sh were already really strong vs each other, now, you made them even much stronger. i think its the wrong direction

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

lol that can be a problem, ive only tested the patch on mid

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Baron wrote:1. you cant upgrade from shortswords to longswords, the samurai button killed the research button.

2. 60 hp for huskarls.. far too less. 10 samurai will probably kill 300 huskarls

3. samurais are far too strong, their attack rate is insane

4. Moorish Cavalry is far too strong with their new ability

my first impression after 2 short games
1) Will be fixed tomorrow.
2) Huskarl are intended to die horribly to everything and anything that is not an archer, and I don't think anyone will *ever* want to make them in pre-nano/space for that reason. (That, and they get rocked by towers too)
3) Can you elaborate in what circumstances (including setting) Moorish cavalry are too strong in, and why?
4) Same as Moorish Cav, but for Samurai.

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated :)

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

sammies attack is high, but hp is low. using them by themselves makes them rather useless, thier cost reflects thier usefulness. i could argue trebs > all 1v1 but we all no they cost a hell of alot more then the rest. the speed also makes the vulnerable and rather useless early game. later they can b a means of mixing with swords to help against knights. and a few other combos. i dont think they are overpowered at all.

Return to “Patches”