Post here if you support a return to vanilla EE/AOC.

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)

Go back to vanilla versions of EE/AoC (2.0/1.0)?

Yes
54%
No
40%
Don't Care
6%

Total votes: 35

Pinky
Intermediate Member

Re: Post here if you support a return to vanilla EE/AOC.

Post by Pinky »

what is vanilla
When Corinth and Sparta both attacked Athens, im pretty sure Athens did not call them "Doubling Noobs"

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

it dont realy matter because this poll is useless due to lack of player actually visiting this site, the vote for the patsh already won easily as nola pointed out

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Pinky wrote:what is vanilla
Refers to something being in its unmodified state, or it may refer to an original game when the expansion pack comes out (i.e. AoE3 vanilla is the original game, without either of the expansions).
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Pinky
Intermediate Member

Post by Pinky »

Ah alright thanks man, thats kinda weird, so what is the expansion version? AoE3: Chocolate ?
When Corinth and Sparta both attacked Athens, im pretty sure Athens did not call them "Doubling Noobs"

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

new patch was good, just shit cunts complain at the hint of change.

zabijejtool
Novice Member
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by zabijejtool »

language
(Zabijej)
Kurat hüüab ja jumal naerab

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Pinky wrote:Ah alright thanks man, thats kinda weird, so what is the expansion version? AoE3: Chocolate ?
Nah, in the AoE3 community they call it just Vanilla and refer to the expansions by name.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Baron
Basic Member

Post by Baron »

peow130 wrote:Remember guys, Elite knows everything about everything.
His opinion is 100% right, 100% of the time.
Elite can't lose.
how childish you are.

i prefer vanilla ee. i like some new stuff, eg lower tc hp, new watchmen or some of the new maps. but im afraid that the community wont stop having new ideas and wont stop changing our game little by little. (eg jackyes idea of 3500 food forages -would kill serious p2s).

or maybe do a compromise, let the most important changes alive and guarantee u will stop afterwards. problem is, the things you change affect every sett, some players will be pro, some con. and if we decide cause of the number of ppl which playing that sett, i can bury my good old p2s.

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

Correlation is not causation, and the fact remains alot of people were convinced the patch prevented eco glitching. I never said the units don't interrupt gameplay. I also never said the patch killed EE, though I do think this mess is having a deleterious effect on whats left of the community. And If you think I was complaining about balance, you've completely misunderstood why I and so many other players are angry about this patch. I respect Omega, but I didn't ask him to start making changes to gameplay. I should have made my views clear earlier, because he put alot of work in and only now is this debate really getting had when it should have happened before any changes were made.

taco wrote:it did very well actually. for proof all u need to do is take a look in the "report abuse and cheaters" compare this to the old server where a few ppl where getting banned daily and i think its something like a 1000% improvement probably more if we take out the amount banned for racism as they arnt glitching.

elite just decided to make such a big deal out of the smallest factors, ive heard u even say "the units dont interupt gameplay at all" yet u still argue for the sake of it.
if u had any respect for any1 elite especially omega, as u claim u do. u wouldn't of taken a minor change and turned it into "omg ee died cause of patch".
just so u no 1.1d was far more balanced then 1.1c not that u would have any idea.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

saying u respect some1. and showing it are really quite different.
lets make this straight ur complaininig soley on the fact that b4 a patch(the 1st patch) was made and had rumours going around that it would stop glitchers(lets keep in mind this was BEFORE it was even released). its the admins and mods fault that they couldnt live up to the rumours and as a result, expectations of the community in stopping them. no its not. but they did do all they can in preventing it. u seem to b whining because they didnt put in big bold words "we didnt stop the glitchers so u guys can continue!!!!" any1 with half a brain knows thats stupid. and yet ur asking them to b stupid. u can point the finger all u want at the mods but i cant recall seeing 1 announcement made on save ee telling the community that the patch is the solution to stopping all gltiching.

i think i must have completely misunderstood u elite, because from what ive read of that post compared to ur other posts, u seem to b complaining about EVERYTHING patch related. so either ur being a hypocrite. which i am almost certain u are. or im off on a tangent.

oh also viewtopic.php?f=82&t=1656&start=15
is an entire thread full of u complaining about units, and their balances. probobly whatever else u claimed to have not said or done.

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

The patch was originally called "the anti-cheat patch." The gameplay changes were an afterthought, but in retrospect set the precedent for more changes. Also you still didn't point out where I ever said that the new units would not affect gameplay - from reading through my old posts it looks like I said the opposite. And I don't understand how exactly I'm being a hypocrite...if you label people you should provide some kind of logical/factual basis for doing so. The main point I've been trying to make all along is that a large percentage of the community was perfectly happy with the original game, yet Omega unilaterally made a decision to make the changes that HE thought would improve the game. I respect the work this entailed, and the fact that he has the technical skill to pull it off. However I have all along wanted the game to stay unchanged, and there's obviously plenty who agree with me. There's two sides in the debate. Both have some good points. But the burden of proof and responsibility seems to be always placed on the negative side. People who oppose the patch / support a return to vanilla are called out for not saying anything before, or for not taking part in tests, or for not giving adequate consideration to the changes. Why is it our responsibility to spend our time trying to prevent changes to a game that we had no problems with in the first place? Omega started this debate when he decided to move beyond just countering cheating and make additional changes to the game. I still don't understand why you're calling me a hipocryte. I've always opposed changes to the game. I basically gave up after the first patch because most of the community accepted them, and there was no point continuing the argument. And I thought we were done fucking with the game.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

ur a hypocrite for a number of reasons, 1stly u claim to respect omega, yet u attack him, and soley him over and over again, lol u even did it again in ur last post. ya i respect u... FUCK U!, he made the patch as the community demand for it was rather high. the title "anti cheat patch" isnt wrong, even now its still an anti cheat patch lol.. if its helping prevent it. its an "anti patch". if u misinterpreted it, its ur own fault. if those who believe the patch gets rid of glithcing entirely what is the harm in that? there isnt any, any and all changes in the patches were clearly shown to all. honestly this is the bread and butter of ur argument, its getting beyond childish.

second reason: you say u never complained about balance, however u complained several times in that topic about units being used in ways that are overpowered, thus resulting in ur belief that its unbalanced. i don't think i need to provide quotes as its evident even for ur cocky self to notice it.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

lol damn you guys dont ever stop, in game, in lobby now on forums lmao

you guys do this shit on IM too lol

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Units don't bother me I don't think they are useful at all in normal games. Messing with the Civilization points is not very good since if you change it for one age it might make another worse, so it would be best to keep them the way they are of course that is just my opinion. Anti cheat part is kind of useless I bet if they know how to tribute glitch they understand that there is other options to take the resources back, and I like my custom chat for diplos please add that back since there is no way to stop crashing, or proving it unless they fuck up.

There are positive changes lower TC health, buffed A10s etc, but really those tiny positives aren't worth the shit storm this has created IMO. Because people hate change either from ignorance or just their own beliefs on how things should be done that is common human society. The game is far to small to break up the community, and people enjoyed the game in vanilla so why not keep it that way if it hasn't lost it's flair now I doubt it will anytime soon.

Basically what I am trying to say the risk/reward of making changes is not worth it unless it stops the eco glitch which this doesn't.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

getting rid of custom chat was mostly so ppl couldn't get away with using cheats wit there trainers. but ill agree the patch isnt worth splitting the community. however i think if ppl were less retarded and dramatic when it comes to change. that they would find the small changes actually are rather fun and dont disrupt the game/they dont need to relearn the set, just about any argument against the patch i could make a better point for it. minus the inconvenient factor of 1min changing patches. but stating that here doesnt matter since i no how much ppl hate change.

Return to “Patches”