Post here if you support a return to vanilla EE/AOC.

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)

Go back to vanilla versions of EE/AoC (2.0/1.0)?

Yes
54%
No
40%
Don't Care
6%

Total votes: 35

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Post here if you support a return to vanilla EE/AOC.

Post by Omega »

The custom chat change isn't about crashing, it's about trainers. Using a trainer essentially depends on being able to use the cheat codes without anyone knowing, since anyone who sees you type them in will immediately get suspicious and probably catch you (very easy to do, esp. in lobby since they can just whisper a mod or admin to check for a trainer, or a saved game works fine as well).

In 2 vs 2 games, AT LEAST one other person would know a trainer is being used, since they have to use allies (1 person), enemies (2 people + possible observers), or all (3 people + possible observers).

In 3 vs 3 games, AT LEAST two other people would know a trainer is being used, since they have to use allies (2 people), enemies (3 people + possible observers), or all (5 people + possible observers).

In 4 vs 4 games AT LEAST three other people would know a trainer is being used, since they have to use allies (3 people), enemies (4 people), or all (7 people).

The only games you can't use a trainer in with detection by at least one player currently are diplo games when you have no allies (and honestly, very few diplos get played anyway outside of citybuilder games), FFA games (which no one plays), and in 1 vs 1 games.

It should be noted then, that 1 vs 1 games are probably the easiest type of game to catch trainer use. Cheating is more obvious since you're just focused on the opponent, if you're the host you can easily save the game and check, and if they are the host and are using any of the common trainers you can simply type in the cheat that causes the game to end instantly in defeat for everyone, or one of the cheats that SUBTRACTS resources for you (either that, or get them to save, which most of them will foolishly do).

Basically, you can only get away with using a trainer in a 1v1 where your opponent isn't paying any attention or in a team game when literally an entire team is collaborating with the person using the trainer, the people on the other team don't get suspicious, and it isn't the host using the trainer but the host is collaborating with the trainer user.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

I've seen like 3 trainers in an actual game in like 7 years of playing, and they are quiet obvious, and all you gotta do is say asus drivers or whatever you prefer, so I just assumed that was for crashing since you just go custom chat check only yourself or one person that won't report you due to them being stupid or your friend if you fail.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

Taco,
1. There is a difference between making personal attacks on people and disagreeing with their ideas. Never go into politics if you can't figure that out. (The difference between the first and second of the above sentences would be an example.)
2. I still don't understand how I'm a hipocryte. Omega's a good player. He can kick my ass at just about any setting. He's got the technical knowledge to make these changes. I just don't think the changes were/are a good idea.
3. Show me where I said that I never complained about balance. I said several times, "I think some of these changes will cause changes in balance," or something to that effect.
4. The community wanted the patches to stop cheating, not make gameplay changes. If I could find the old posts I could prove this to you, but the forums got hacked or something awhile back and I think those threads got lost.
5. Stop making trite statements about people hating change. We've all heard that cliche - I recall hearing it from quite a few rabid Obama supporters before he actually got into office and people discovered that "change" isn't always a great thing. People don't usually like change, but sometimes people act like change in and of itself is automatically a good thing, simply by virtue of it being different from the status quo.
6. We have an honest difference of opinion over whether this game should be altered. But don't bash me just because I liked the game the way it was. And that's the bread and butter of my argument if you were looking for it. I'm fine with the original game; so is a large section of the community. So what's the point?

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

Elite wrote:4. The community wanted the patches to stop cheating, not make gameplay changes. If I could find the old posts I could prove this to you, but the forums got hacked or something awhile back and I think those threads got lost.
I'd like to mention that you're not the community nor do you speak for the community. If you looked at the last voted you'd know that "the community" was for patches and new units. You and all other patch critics do always talk like you were the community or like there were only a few people who like the changed but that simply is wrong.
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

Where can I find the results of this poll and any accompanying posts? And I don't claim to speak for the entire community, but I have talked to alot of good players who don't want changes to the game, and every time I saw a post asking for new units it was usually populated by citybuilder dwellers who wanted new units for the "cool new shit" factor.

PeLlE wrote:
Elite wrote:4. The community wanted the patches to stop cheating, not make gameplay changes. If I could find the old posts I could prove this to you, but the forums got hacked or something awhile back and I think those threads got lost.
I'd like to mention that you're not the community nor do you speak for the community. If you looked at the last voted you'd know that "the community" was for patches and new units. You and all other patch critics do always talk like you were the community or like there were only a few people who like the changed but that simply is wrong.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Pelie that vote on the lobby was worded very badly. Even Omega admitted that. The poll asked do you play/use the patch not do you like it or want patches. Use and Usefulness aren't the same.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

Maybe but still it showed that you cant simply say "the community" hates the new patches and that was pointed out by the poll imo
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

ben55

Post by ben55 »

I never said it was. I was just commenting on how that poll shows no weight one way or the other.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

Elite wrote: I never said the units don't interrupt gameplay And If you think I was complaining about balance, you've completely misunderstood why I and so many other players are angry about this patch.
which 1 is it lol. u are, or arnt complaining elite seriously im getting whip lash here.

there is a difference from disagreeing and attacking everything they've done. + if u had respect would also do it in a nicer way.
why dont these good players come here themselves? if u knew anything ppl are stronger in numbers. not with 1 representative.

but i really cant b bothered arguing about this or anything anymore. u really arnt worth my time.

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

I accept your surrender.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Elite wrote:I accept your surrender.
if he surrenders then ill take his place, Pelies right dont speak for the community i like these pacthes new strats units and maps

Jos Sos
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Joesos

Post by Jos Sos »

destroyer no1 considers u a player.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Jos Sos wrote:destroyer no1 considers u a player.
No one xept like 7 Ppl know who i really am XD

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

I think with the recent poll results, this topic is pretty much dead.

I'm going to lock it in a few days, unless there are strong objections to that.

To clarify why this topic is dead, when you filter the results of the poll for those who voted against all of the changes, i.e. voted for a return to vanilla, you get a total of 4 people who voted that way. There were 153 people who voted which means that only 2.61% of users want a return to vanilla.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Omega wrote:I think with the recent poll results, this topic is pretty much dead.

I'm going to lock it in a few days, unless there are strong objections to that.

To clarify why this topic is dead, when you filter the results of the poll for those who voted against all of the changes, i.e. voted for a return to vanilla, you get a total of 4 people who voted that way. There were 153 people who voted which means that only 2.61% of users want a return to vanilla.
Yeah Omega But you cant lock This Omega Your not the 2.61 % of a real EE Player

Return to “Patches”