Beta ended.

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Beta ended.

Post by Omega »

The beta has ended early; although no one managed to convince me that any of the changes in it were bad (other than samurai's button placement), it's clear the majority of lobby users do not want them and the longer they're out there the more divided the game will get, with everyone playing on different versions.

Final versions have been released, which are identical to 1.1c for AoC, and 2.1b for EE, with the following changes (NONE OF THE NEW CHANGES THAT ARE NOT LISTED HERE ARE IN 2.1d or 1.1d; NONE of the unit changes or additions are in this patch):

EE:
-New map by Ghost is still added
-Credits.txt is in your main game folder, and your main screen has less writing on it

AOC:
-New map by Ghost is still added
-The liga civilization fix is still added
-Credits.txt is in your main game folder, and your main screen has less writing on it
-Moorish Cavalry removed from the game. The ones in 1.1c were obviously bad, and people apparently couldn't handle a unit with identical stats to a fundamentally terrible unit in Middle, the OLD Cataphract, that costed 158% of what Cataphracts do, and had viking-style cloaking, so they're gone.
-Expansionism is 30 points again. This changed was absolutely needed, as at 25 points it made Modern TL die, which isn't what anyone originally expected.

I would hope people would not get upset over these changes, since the majority of users were at least content with (if not happy) playing on 1.1c. The only things included were absolutely needed fixes that were done in a way as to have the least possible effect on the game, a new map, and the main screen has less writing.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Re: Beta ended.

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Clearly the addition of 4 very well balanced new units, and some minor improvements to other units, simply "ruined" the game, rather than expand the possibilities of game-play.
/end sarcasm

I'll concede that not all the changes where fantastic, or even "good", changes and could certainly have been argued against... POLITELY and CONSTRUCTIVELY, but I do think the additional units were a great idea that added to the game. But hey, God forbid anyone not use the EXACT same strats and civs they have used for 9 years.

It was a hell of an effort on Omega's part and I for one applaud him for it. He tried to do something good for the game and got shit on by a bunch of crybabies who can't handle minor changes no matter how good they are. Thanks for tryin Megs.

DJay

Post by DJay »

first of all thank you for your time, spending on the beta patch.

idk why people dont like new units in game?

i think that was a nice idea to add funny units like moorish inf.

the new units were not that good becuz they did not their job like huskarls vs pilum, so i dont understand why people are cazy about that?

the balance wouldnt haved changed and they could still use their tactics.

i still was able to handle them so why were ther problems?

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

I think it might have went a little smoother if it wasn't forced on the players.
We could have held a beta test weekend and let the players know a week ahead of time instead of them just logging in to find they have been forced to update and then the problems with some players having different version even though they fully updated.

I'm not knocking Ghost I think the updater itself was a great idea; the players just needed a choice and Omega has done what no other Empire Earth player could do for years, release a patch.

Good job guys.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

I really appreciate the fact that you did this for us, omega, i really do.
I just don't like the way that the patches are really going.
I like to see new strats emerge, but when longbows start slaughtering their counter with ease, then i'm distressed.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

well ghost needed to also test his installer and the beta was a good time to test it, now he has all the bugs worked out of it and shouldnt be a problem anymore

i dont mind doing all that stuff and there were only a few that wanted to revert that actually asked me how to do it and it was verry simple to do so never saw why they got all pissy about it

_Rs_ Megabullet
Needs a Slap

Post by _Rs_ Megabullet »

I realise how much work Omega put in it.
But i think that things like new pawnage units isnt what ee needs.
EE has always been played because the game system is perfect, and u cant fix what isnt broken.
The anti glitch and anti cheat things u pit in are great(no one crashes olmost).

My 2 Cents

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

Look, I well realize how much work Omega put into these patches. I said as much in several of my posts. But that doesn't change the fact that many players were quite happy with the game the way it was, and are tired of having to deal with making multiple copies of the game and constantly messing around with different versions and all the other contingent technical annoyances. Binary, calling people who disagree with you "crybabies" is hardly a mature act. If you don't comprehend the fact that alot of players are still happy with the original game, thats fine. The point of the discussion is not whether Omega did a good job, or how much work he put in, or whether he's a decent fellow or not. The debate is over whether or not the patch is a good idea. I've tried really hard to avoid engaging in personal attacks on those who disagree with me. I wish others would extend to me the same courtesy.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Elite wrote:Binary, calling people who disagree with you "crybabies"
Disagreeing with me has absolutely nothing to do with the bitching and crying that went on. Try following along elite, not everything has to do with you.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

10010 1111 10 wrote: It was a hell of an effort on Omega's part and I for one applaud him for it. He tried to do something good for the game and got shit on by a bunch of crybabies who can't handle minor changes no matter how good they are. Thanks for tryin Megs.
/agree
I liked the patch and I still like the idea of adding new units.
In germany we got some phrase for this stuff:
"was der Bauer nicht kennt isst er nicht."
Germans will probly udnerstand ;)

And one last suggestion to all of you bitching crying ands flaming around during the last few days:
You always were aksed to beta test, to give unput, to vote etc but noone of you ever took part. As soon as the pacth is there you all complain that noone asked you. Omega did all this to keep ee alife and to fullfill your wishes so imo a lil thank you isn't to muich to expect even if you dislike the patch. And if you don't feel like a ty is necessary atleats stop talking bad about him
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Jen
Basic Member

Post by Jen »

thanks megs for trying something new and im sorry it didnt work out

i am computer illeterate it took me forever just to get the original lobby and game working so any further updates and patching is a stress for me if that makes me ann idiot/retard then so be it,

on that note im getting tired of opening the lobby to see notes from ghost titled 'for idiots' opening save ee and seeing many mods referring to players as retards and cry babies amongst other things, the general attitude sucks.

im sure there are some idiots around but blanketing everyone with the same shit is tiring.

glad i got that out.........

\-Zodiac-/
Lobby Username: Zodiac

Post by \-Zodiac-/ »

I think we should give it one more shot
i was against it at first but it grew on me
omega consider running the beta again for say a week and then let people vote on it after to decide what to do
i think change is just hard to adapt to soo many people were against ur first then they liked it, i think with a little getting used to the patch is a success

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Jen wrote:on that note im getting tired of opening the lobby to see notes from ghost titled 'for idiots'
Well, it just seems that if I don't put vital messages in pop-up dialogs they're forced to see, and in HUGE TEXT, then nobody reads them.

Eventually, such messages won't be there anymore, when we don't have people on different versions and when the patch program is finalized. Generally, people respond negatively to change, so once everyone is accommodated to it you won't think twice about it.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Return to “Patches”