List of stupid, recycled arguments against the patch

Information and discussion about Omega's patches for EE and EE:AoC (no longer in use or under development)
Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Re: List of stupid, recycled arguments against the patch

Post by Hello0 »

CBs are fucked up now..u can say what u want -.-
CBs without switching allys all the time is just no fun (and fun is rly all a cb is about)
and since i never saw one of u guys in any cb i played (and yes i played them alot) nobody can tell me that they still work..and doing them as a scen...haha

and a second thing i would like to add is that in normal games i played this week there were like 4 ppl whose base was totalydestroyed, but they could save cits..finally they had like 50 cits..but not enough wood for a new capitol..so they were fucked .__.
i never recognized how often this happens cus it was rly no problem before .__.

but whatever.. idc <.<
I am sweet.

CusTomm
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: CusTomm

Post by CusTomm »

Hello0 wrote:CBs are fucked up now..u can say what u want -.-
CBs without switching allys all the time is just no fun (and fun is rly all a cb is about)
and since i never saw one of u guys in any cb i played (and yes i played them alot) nobody can tell me that they still work..and doing them as a scen...haha

and a second thing i would like to add is that in normal games i played this week there were like 4 ppl whose base was totalydestroyed, but they could save cits..finally they had like 50 cits..but not enough wood for a new capitol..so they were fucked .__.

but whatever.. idc <.<
I agree in the general point Hello0 makes. There is no way to understate the consequences the deleting of the tribute screen will have on the game. Even that there can be found solutions for some of the cases it wont exactly fix them , it will change them and will make them be played in a different way , which can be either GOOD or BAD, additional to that we should NOT try to talk someone out to think in a different way , because people should decide in their own opinion, if they e.g like liga with or without civ names more.
There is no way to make this problems less problem than it acutally is. Really thatswhy I don't like this topic, because Omega generalizes his PERSONAL opinion to the public. Which clearly stand out here and is not right.
I can understand both points of view. But have to say that one group of people is going to loose way more than the other. The people who wanna keep tribute screen because of their reasons, have to accept a much bigger change than the group of people who would like to delete it. Here, to just minimize the problems is really bias. :|

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

Hello0 wrote:CBs are fucked up now..u can say what u want -.-

but whatever.. idc <.<
The guy working on the Scenario would be me.

If your teammate got owned, he deserved to lose, and no backup 100 wood =fail.

cHaoS
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: cN°cHaoS_

Post by cHaoS »

Ghost wrote:
cHaoS wrote:You can now have easy win with very fast rush inf in all case.
This happens all the time and if you don't expect it from the start then you're a failure as a Liga player.
Atm this happen all the time cause of the patch but wasn't before.

The way you needed before patch for expect this case was the tribute screen ^^. In 1vs1 u can't expect inf rush soon enaught.

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

i dont want to play the same map in a cb over and over again .__.

and games are not over cus 1 palyer got killed..u often can stand vs 3 and wait till the other rebuilded
and then boom baam bang! gg no re >.>
I am sweet.

CusTomm
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: CusTomm

Post by CusTomm »

You guys fill this topic with absolute personal stuff, and try to talk others opinion out or just try make it be worth less. This wont work, I learned in the previous month that you cant convince people with your opinion and they will just stuck on being bias. So keep on pumping your opinion in here I am sure it help a lot. :lol:

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

People can change opinions for difference sides at any time, for many different reasons depending on the situation.

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth of opinion here ty.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

I'm not playing EE anymore but I just heard about this patch so I thought I'd give my opinion. The fact that I don't play anymore doesn't change the fact that my opinion could actually still be valid as I played this game since 2001.

The fact that you can't see civilizations in Liga 1v1 is going to drastically change the game ( in a NEUTRAL way ). From Renaissance to Indy, Spain has become a must now since it's impossible to stop Spain forward rush with Austria/Assyrians at those ages. If rush is played correctly, unless the defender has a specific other civilization ( fucking hard civ to play though ), then the game is already over. From Renaissance to Indy, it would basically force a repetitive Spain vs Spain.

Omega I agree when you say that you can scout the enemy and click on their buildings, this can work well in some ages, but what about, for example, WW1? What if I had Spain and played a forward rax start and was at the enemy's base by 3.45 f11? Hewouldn't have time to scout me and even if he found me by luck it would be too late for him to change his strategy into an "anti-rush" one. WW2 would be the same thing.

As for 12, when I still played some months ago, in a GB vs GB game, I could forward rax and win the planes starter about the 80% of the times ... with GB. If I had Spain and the enemy didn't even knew about it, I could be faster and mass stronger infs even more quickly, that would be victory at least 90% of the times.
Then there are obviously some things that can't be predicted, at times the defender has got an incredible map which can be defended more easily, but that doesn't always happen, and you can't play air strat just with the hope of "I need a perfect map or I will lose if I get rushed". You just can't plan your strats on the map you hope you'll get.

As for digi/nano, it would kill the TC boom strat, once again because of the spain forward rax start.
you can easily get 7/8 infs by 7 f11 and then attack tower = gg
Air start would probably work at digi/nano though because the tower has got stronger.

Pre, Stone age, Copper age, Dark Ages and Mid would still be pretty much the same. Bronze age would get different because of the forward frenks rush. The only way to stop that rush is playing a 1 quick settlement stable with Assyrians but the frenks rush will be so fast that you can't just build a quick stable because you're "predicting" it, only to find out that your enemy is assyrians cav archers xD

Well this are the things that would change as for Liga 1v1, as for team games things would still be pretty much the same.
I want to underline that this is just a constructive analysis to make sure it's known that there are not only positive points in this patch. There are of course benefits as well and it'll be up to you to decide whether the benefits are more than the negative points. I know Liga 1v1 isn't played very much so people might actually not care about it, I don't know how much this set is played nowadays ... I remember it was mostly about teamgame some months ago.
Surely I appreciate the effort of staff to prevent cheating and I'd like to ask if there was another way to prevent it.

P.S.
I doubt it, but I'm not excluding that Liga 1v1 might actually get more interesting this new way since it would create new tactics. When I said "drastically change" I meant it in a netrual way, nor negative or positive.

P.S. 2
Since I'm curious I'm going to get it and play some games. I remember there was an italian player who would tell me "every pro is a cheater bla bla" or "make a proper anticheating patch and all the pros will become noobs bla bla" haha I can't wait till I see him again to see what he says when he sees pros still rock xD

Return to “Patches”