Best albums of 2010?

Tell us about your different tastes in music, your favorite movies and TV shows, or other similar topics.
Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

Re: Best albums of 2010?

Post by Eisregen »

u cant specify music only with rhythm, especial for black metal, the (lo-fi) recordings and primitv riffs gives the music a "raw" and "cold" atmosphere. and thats the way how euro old shool black metal works and this is the music i like.
but there are much bad bands like Dimmu Borgir and other "comerzial" black metal who mix
synthesizers and symphony orchestras into black metal this fuck this genere up --> too much rhythm and progressive stuff fuck black metal up thats why the old black metal from the erly 90s was much better then the most shit today cuz its was true row music without special shit.
Gaahl(Gorgoroth) said "black metal was never meant to reach an audience, it was purely for our own satisfaction"

btw
P-51 u watched the movie Until the light takes us very good stuff if u like early Bm
Trailer: http://youtu.be/Sr_RaCM-1ug
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

_thor
Lobby Username: pM_Thor

Post by _thor »

YALL REALISE THAT MUSIC IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER, RIGHT.

i don't see how you get butthurt over another's opinion
pM - Legacy
{Sauerkraut>}I love you: boom or rush this is the uesatinoin , i love shakespearei

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Just wanted to say.. Recovery is bad.. very bad.. his last cd was so shitty this one looks good.. in fact it isn't that good..
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Eminem is not a kid anymore, he cant rap about bitches and hoes in a age of 38. He grew up and wrote more mature stuff.

Its also the best selling album of 2010, so I'm not alone on the statement: Recovery was very good.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Music is all taste.. but if you understand the sub-genre he was going for in Recovery.. he failed pretty hard.. best selling?? Go look at the list of best selling albums each year of the 00's you will have a lot of "huhs" and "whos".

I've listened to Eminem from day 1.. he has changed styles a lot.. but your kidding yourself if you think Recovery was excellent.. maybe to the ignorant masses where that is their first exposure to that style of rap.

It was deff better than anything Lil Wayne has made though to my ears.. but Eminem is a shell of his former self.

"grew up and wrote more mature stuff"

He has always wrote mature stuff if you ever listened to his CDs.. sadly the only ones that got air time was the "Real Slim Shadys and Supermans of his CDs" go listen to his debut album Infinite.. he has similar style/lyrical content of Nas.. it is very good.. and what Recovery was trying to sound like.

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Eisregen wrote: btw
P-51 u watched the movie Until the light takes us very good stuff if u like early Bm
Trailer: http://youtu.be/Sr_RaCM-1ug
No never heard of it. Anything with Fenriz must be cool though, I shall look into it. As long as it talks more about the actual music just as much as it talks about the controversy about some of the members. The stories are entertaining sometimes but the music is the important part.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

_thor wrote:YALL REALISE THAT MUSIC IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER, RIGHT.

Although this is true, there are a growing number of popular trends out there that cannot be classified as music because they do not have the structural or technical quality in order to be called music. "Organized noise" is a much better term for stuff like Eminem and Lady Gaga. So its not about which music genre is better, its about what is actual music and what is not.

_thor

Post by _thor »

P-51 wrote:
_thor wrote:YALL REALISE THAT MUSIC IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER, RIGHT.

Although this is true, there are a growing number of popular trends out there that cannot be classified as music because they do not have the structural or technical quality in order to be called music. "Organized noise" is a much better term for stuff like Eminem and Lady Gaga. So its not about which music genre is better, its about what is actual music and what is not.
its still music
pM - Legacy
{Sauerkraut>}I love you: boom or rush this is the uesatinoin , i love shakespearei

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Learn to read.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

P-51 wrote:And you are somewhat correct about the small range of tones. But there are some bands out there that use a good variety and lean more towards a progressive/power metal hybrid combined with black metal. Try Enslaved, awesome shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukgsre1999w
Very good instrumental component but the vocals still aren't my taste at all.

Anyway I'm going to agree that Recovery was not that great of an album. Sadly, it was one of the better mainstream albums in 2010. There's really only 6 good/decent songs on it that I like, and 3 of them have featured artists.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

_thor

Post by _thor »

P-51 wrote:Learn to read.
get your head out of your blackmetal asshole

all music is organized or disorganized noise, it doesn't matter. if someone calls a collection/sequence of sounds music, then it is at that very point music.

it takes a mature and unbiased person to realise that, so it's to no surprise that you fail to comprehend
pM - Legacy

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by tool »

thanks for that p-51. i needed a nice laugh to get through today, my god was enslaved complete garbage. not even music man felt just like sound that was randomly organized. it's evident that eminem is atleast 100x more talented than those clown painted viking freaks as his compositions aren't just completely random he incorporates subtle music theory structures that,honestly, blow my mind. but since you like the best of structural creativity and out of this world technicality, i present to you a composition that single handedly shits down all your closet-christian viking abominations: 4:33 by John Cage, look it up if you aren't too busy applying your clown make up p51
mhm?!?

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Ghost wrote: Very good instrumental component but the vocals still aren't my taste at all.
Yeah that's completely understandable. I don't really consider vocals to be a priority in black metal so usually I can listen to a good song even if the vocals suck. There are definitely are some bands out there that can do it right but its definitely not for everyone.
_thor wrote: get your head out of your blackmetal asshole

all music is organized or disorganized noise, it doesn't matter. if someone calls a collection/sequence of sounds music, then it is at that very point music.

it takes a mature and unbiased person to realise that, so it's to no surprise that you fail to comprehend
Here let me help you out.

"all music is organized or disorganized noise"
This is untrue by definition. Music cannot equal noise. This has nothing to do with being mature or biased. Your level of ignorance suggests that you are lacking in both categories.
tool wrote:thanks for that p-51. i needed a nice laugh to get through today, my god was enslaved complete garbage. not even music man felt just like sound that was randomly organized. it's evident that eminem is atleast 100x more talented than those clown painted viking freaks as his compositions aren't just completely random he incorporates subtle music theory structures that,honestly, blow my mind. but since you like the best of structural creativity and out of this world technicality, i present to you a composition that single handedly shits down all your closet-christian viking abominations: 4:33 by John Cage, look it up if you aren't too busy applying your clown make up p51
Nice job using every steroytype imaginable while proving nothing. Try posting something with substance next time.
And do you honestly think that dumbass rapper faggot has a clue about any music theory? I bet he can't even play a kazoo.

_thor

Post by _thor »

art can't be defined
pM - Legacy

ben55

Post by ben55 »

lol @ John Cage 4:33.. however I do like some of his prepared piano stuff :mrgreen:

Eminem isn't Mozart.. but he certainly understands the fundamentals enough --- harmony, texture, melody, etc to make millions of dollars.. music can be simple(his music is on a grand scale).. complexity doesn't mean better all the time.. Some people get hard for complex and technical music.. I enjoy things that sound nice to me simple or complex.. some people only think complex things sound nice.. go look at some 12 tone serialism.. that is some of the most complex music out there and it sounds like utter shit to 95% of the people on Earth.. although only maybe 2% of the people on Earth could ever play it..

Return to “Music, Movies, and Entertainment”