Bug for: Empire Earth AOC 1.2 Unofficial Patch; Watchmen bug

If you think there's an error or glitch that may have been overlooked, please tell us. The more details you can provide, the better (instructions to reproduce the problem work best).
tgbtgbt
Lurker

Bug for: Empire Earth AOC 1.2 Unofficial Patch; Watchmen bug

Post by tgbtgbt »

When I heard they were still doing patch updates with empire earth, i was excited! And rightfully so! It did more then i expected and i just loved it. But What i dont get is the replacement of the Watchmen with a retexture of the officer! So i had 3 ideas, 1. Its a bug. 2. Its just my computer, options or something on my part. 3. Its a "new feature".
As much as I find it annoying, and wish for a none watchmen tinkered, version. Its nothing gamebreaking and even if you dont patch it I will still use this amazing modification....Just a small tiny bug.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Re: Bug for: Empire Earth AOC 1.2 Unofficial Patch; Watchmen

Post by Sexacutioner »

it was changed to remove lag from when you had to many of them made
or sometimes you would just see half your army dissapear

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Bug for: Empire Earth AOC 1.2 Unofficial Patch; Watchmen

Post by Omega »

The model for the unit would cause extreme graphical lag whenever a large concentration of the units were in the same vicinity on the screen. This occurred even on modern, high-end graphics cards, with the graphics settings turned to their lowest level, and with a relatively low display resolution for Empire Earth.

Since Watchmen are a key infantry unit in Epoch 15 / Space Age, space-aged games will almost invariably lead to a decent amount of these units being produced, and thus a massive lag-fest that makes the game very unenjoyable to play / unplayable.

Return to “Report Bugs”