How to increment the speed and attack for an unit?

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
Sh00T
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Sh00T

How to increment the speed and attack for an unit?

Post by Sh00T »

How do i increment the speed/attack for a specific unit(s)? for example I got 100 Marines and I want to increment the spped for 5 of them, I know about Effect > Object > Class-Attribute but it would increment the speed for all of them, how do I increment the speed for just 5 of them?

Eqqman
Novice Member

Re: How to increment the speed and attack for an unit?

Post by Eqqman »

Sadly, that won't be possible. If it isn't under the 'Unit Attribute' subcategory then you cannot have it affect just some units of a type. In rare cases you can simulate the effect of having only a few units affected but movement speed won't be one of them.

I don't know what the context of your gameplay is, but the best you might be able to do is to have these boosted marines belong to another player and use triggers to make sure they always stay near the player's units (or wherever they are supposed to be). It's not uncommon to add a player to a scenario for the sole purpose of having just a couple of special-purpose objects on the map.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

One option with marines is to buff german marines with the boosted attack+speed you want. Make a trigger that kill 5 of the 100 marines, spawn 5 german marines and now you have 95 marines + 5 german marines with buff.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Sh00T
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Sh00T

Post by Sh00T »

bad news i guess that is sad. thank you for the workaround.

Return to “Scenario Discussion”