Triggers that crash my editor

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
Zaia
Forum Noob

Triggers that crash my editor

Post by Zaia »

Well, I may as well jump off the deep end and post my current trigger problem that's causing ee-aoc editor to crash. It's a bit frustrating that it actually crashes the editor at all, but i may be missing something

This one's a bit weird to me, because to me all the conditions are being met appropriately

T1
On
no true for
No loop

If
Player initiated event (in the test scenario, i used a chat text 'sell')

Then
My capitol loses 5 hit points (i defaulted it to 500/its max)
Turn this trigger back on

T2,3,4,5,6
On
no true for
No loop

If
My capitol has between 1 and 200 hp
And
T1 fires

Then
Get 100 gold
Get a message saying you got 100 gold
Turn this trigger back on

T3,4,5 and 6 are 201-400 for 200 gold, 401-600 for 300, 601-800 for 400 and 801-1000 for 500

The if x-y hp triggers and their associated effects seem to be crashing my editor. I have more complex triggers around them but they dont seem to cause any problems. I wonder whats up?

I'll probably be posting all my trigger errors in here (the ones that i can't explain lol)

Thanks guys!

EDIT: yep, definitely the If selected on map Capitol HP = min 201 max 400 et al conditions

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Triggers that crash my editor

Post by lightnessking. »

did you fixed it yet, i just read the post.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Zaia
Forum Noob

Re: Triggers that crash my editor

Post by Zaia »

Well, i made a new test scenario from scratch with nearly the same conditions and this one doesn't seem to crash. I'm still skeptical, so i'm adding all the new elements one by one to make sure nothing goes awry along the way.

Basically i'm putting together a supply and demand economy whereby your interaction and resource trade with a neigbor sets the money you get paid for your sales (the more you trade X resource with X partner, the demand slowly starts to go down and eventually you get paid less money. You need to wait some time for demand to build back up, but if you wait too long demand falls again... since they start buying resources from other cities and not your own)

Return to “Scenario Discussion”