move units from an area to another

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
CAV_range
Basic Member

move units from an area to another

Post by CAV_range »

i have an effect so units move-attack to a specific area, so i want these units once they reach this area, they move to other, is it possible? i tried playing with effect and so but i have not found a way yet, has anyone tried this?

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Re: move units from an area to another

Post by Neotje »

This should be possible. Check the MTP scenario, it does something like this, it moves units from position A to position b, but on a kind of 'pulsed' order. On Vortex TD, units are removed (the babies) when they hit a certain spot. You might be able to combine those.

Or don't you mean teleport? If you don't mean teleport, check the above to trigger an action on a unit once it reaches a position, and use as an action the move-attack.

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

Neotje wrote:This should be possible. Check the MTP scenario, it does something like this, it moves units from position A to position b, but on a kind of 'pulsed' order. On Vortex TD, units are removed (the babies) when they hit a certain spot. You might be able to combine those.

Or don't you mean teleport? If you don't mean teleport, check the above to trigger an action on a unit once it reaches a position, and use as an action the move-attack.
can you share the scenario? i did not find anything about "MTP", thanks

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

ok I think it means "Massive Tower Protection", and i realized how to do it, thank you. in case someone wants to know how to do it:
example:

- create an area ( area A )
- create an area ( area B )
- create an area ( area C )
- create an object for all units ( object A ), set its Area to are A
- create an object for all units ( object B ), set its Area to area B
- create an object for all units ( object C ), set its Area to area C
- create an effect task-area ( effect A ), set its Object to object A, set its Area to area B
- create an effect task-area ( effect B ), set its Object to object B, set its Area to area C
- create an effect task-area ( effect C ), set its Object to object C, set its Area to area A
- create a trigger ( trigger A ), set looping on, set its Condition to object A ( if they exist ), set its Effect to effect A
- create a trigger ( trigger B ), set looping on, set its Condition to object B ( if they exist ), set its Effect to effect B
- create a trigger ( trigger C ), set looping on, set its Condition to object C ( if they exist ), set its Effect to effect C

with this any unit created in area A, area B or area C will move to the next over and over ( area A > area B > area C > area A and so on ) i hope it is understood.

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Post by Neotje »

CAV_range wrote:ok I think it means "Massive Tower Protection", and i realized how to do it, thank you. in case someone wants to know how to do it:
example:
Yes! Massive tower protection, sorry, it's a default name for me, but I don't think it has been popular for a while, so I should have written it out.
Glad it seemed to have helped.

Return to “Scenario Discussion”