Fair plains map

No lobby feature requests. What do you think of the website? Have ideas for community events or a new service we can provide? Let us know here. Constructive criticism only please.
Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Fair plains map

Post by Oldspice »

Yo the p2s community would like to ask the mod's for a plains map that grantee's all players animals.

Only things that need modifiying is the Large 8 players map, Medium 6 players map, and 2 players small map.

On the large map (8 player), Every player gets a herd. (Would be nice if extra herd is in the middle, not too close to either team)

On medium map (6 player), all that's needed is all players to get a herd 100% of the time. Perhaps an extra stone mine or two on the map as well.

On small (2 player), It would be nice if the extra stone was equal distance from each player or perhaps expanding the extra stone mines to 2 (1 per player standard, and 1 extra)

If someone made a map like this, I GARANTEE pre players will definately use it instead of plains for generations to come.

=== That's just a map, More features appreciated ===

If there were to be another patch, It'd be good if path finding was like 18 points. It's far too expensive, and as far as I know only really gets used in pre. This way, expan isn't the godly power.

I'm not thinking this is possible, but it'd be nice if slavery capped at 25-50 kills for a cit. also slavery should be 5 points.

Metalurgy should be like 10-15 points.

Advanced Mining should be 5 points so people actually fucking use it.

Priests should also be their original gold cost (125 i think it was).

I don't wanna fuck up other sets, but perhaps fana could be like 10 points.

And hell, You could reduce rock thrower costs back to their original, and give them +1 speed so they could match club speed. That's all they're lacking tbh.

These things would absolutely make p2s awesome.
The map tweaking is a big thing. It's a big reason a lot of players go over to eec, and yea sometimes the map is very unfair to a team or two.

If you take anything from this, is the map we all desire.

Also: I was fucking around with the plains map, and I got a lot of fun and awesome team formations for 4v4 (rather than the standard semi-circle)... perhaps this could also be a feature?

I'm available to test any maps you mighty mods and admins can conjure up.

Thanks!

-Jossos

EDIT: Also, We fucking hate snow maps. Would be nice if we didn't get any snow maps :)
Last edited by Oldspice on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Re: Fair plains map

Post by Lancelot5 »

Yeah a more fair plains map would be nice because u so much depended from the hunt u got.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Oldspice wrote:
If there were to be another patch, It'd be good if path finding was like 18 points. It's far too expensive, and as far as I know only really gets used in pre. This way, expan isn't the godly power.

Metalurgy should be like 10-15 points.

I don't wanna fuck up other sets, but perhaps fana could be like 10 points.
All idea's are pretty good imo, except the ones I quoted.

Cheap pathfinding means even a more powerfull pocket pf sword rapist in mid sh's.

Cheap metallurgy will allow building CR with the regular sword upgrades, for an extreme powerfull metal sword rush. (Imagine if you bring back tributes, it would be even more overpowered.)

Fana, is currently only used by Manni, who doesn't play in Save-EE anymore. lol :D.

And yea, the maps should have more balance in it, sometimes it's extremely fucked. :)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

How is metarush more OP with tributes? How is metarush OP at all?

Without tributes, a eec civ can have a nonstop sword production and uppgrade attack asap. With tributes U can uppgrade speed/hp asap aswell. Only way for a rush to be faster is with 4 rax, something no one makes.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

agreed. However I think what u're asking for oldspice is impossible as it is random map, and therefor the location of the hunting grounds are random. But I guess if u can get a forage patch to each base it should be possible with hunt aswell...
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Or give everyone 1 more forage? It's atleast impossible to play a competitive 3v3 on plains (where ak isnt allowed).

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

I doubt an extra forage would solve the problem. The team with most hunt still have a major advantage.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Not AS major.

Oldspice

Post by Oldspice »

3 forages = me never play that map

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Or add more food in forage?
Honestly I think p2s 3v3 should be conti or medit, unless the hunt issue can be solved.

Put advanced mining to 5 is gonna make it so cheap that everyone is gonna get it in p2s island.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

meta rush with build cr & tribs:

build 3 or 4 rax, whatever you like, let pocket rib 80 gold and iron. so u got 360 ressys in total, 4x3 swords is 288, after first sword is done, upgrade attack. gg. rally 11 citz to wood, build towers with 3x3 citz... as i said overpowered, oh and dont say pocket shouldnt trib gold... i think that 2 cavs less wouldt matter since ur enemy wing is 'le k0'
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

crack
Novice Member
Xfire: crack
Lobby Username: crack

Post by crack »

actually the entire team gives you gold for a meta rush

Oldspice

Post by Oldspice »

There's no tribs u retards. Ur prolly jus playing gay ranger in which case your opinion doesn't matter.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

in aoc it's large map in which case any rush would be easially defendable. A meta rush also, otherwise u just blow.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

ive never had a prob with plains maps till people started making rules for their games, if one player doesnt have animals then his team needs to find middle hunt and secure it asap so that player can get them and the player without animals should focus a slight more on gathering stone for towers rather than iron for clubs, its a map built for adaptability, if you cant adapt to it then you wouldnt survive even with animals

btw wup oldspice :P

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”