hosting/joining problem (connection??)

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
maverickk89
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: maverickk89

hosting/joining problem (connection??)

Post by maverickk89 »

hi all,
i'm a problem: i can host a game but when i, ore one of my friends, copy the IP address from the lobby into the game to search any game on that ip there isn't any game to join in... what's the matter?? what i have to do?? =( =(

p.s. however i and my friend can enter and play with no problems in any another game in the lobby (i didn't try ALL the hosts...)...

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Re: hosting/joining problem (connection??)

Post by Hello0 »

sure u can host o.o??
I am sweet.

maverickk89
Forum Noob

Post by maverickk89 »

hello wrote:sure u can host o.o??
yes!! i can change all the options od the game, but when i copy the ip from the board and paste it into direct connection of ee i can't enter in the server, if you want now i'll create it (name: maverickk89's server) and you try to enter it... the game is visible from the lobby, the problem is joining!!!

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

everyone can do that, doesnt mean u can host. you need to go to www.portforward.com and scroll down to find your router model. click it and on the following screen find empire earth and follow instructions to open gaming ports.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

That's because you can't host. This means you can create a game, but others can not join it. In the Save-EE Lobby click on the Help tab and read the topic titled "Hosting a Game". This will explain to you how to go about resolving this issue.

maverickk89
Forum Noob

Post by maverickk89 »

10010 1111 10 wrote:That's because you can't host. This means you can create a game, but others can not join it. In the Save-EE Lobby click on the Help tab and read the topic titled "Hosting a Game". This will explain to you how to go about resolving this issue.
SlipKnoT wrote:everyone can do that, doesnt mean u can host. you need to go to http://www.portforward.com and scroll down to find your router model. click it and on the following screen find empire earth and follow instructions to open gaming ports.
sorry but the ports are open, i've tested them (with PFPortChecker) and they are all open, that is not the problem...

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

some form of security maybe. what windows are u running?

maverickk89
Forum Noob

Post by maverickk89 »

SlipKnoT wrote:some form of security maybe. what windows are u running?
windows 7 (now 64 bits) eternity (is modificated), but i had the same problem with windows 7 (original)... my firewall is under norton 360 but i allowed both EE both (all the programs linked with) the lobby client... so i really don't know where's the problem!!! =(

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

You have SOMETHING blocking people from accessing your ports, be it a router or some other firewall (like Windows Firewall maybe). Only you can find that something since it's on your computer, but that IS the problem.

maverickk89
Forum Noob

Post by maverickk89 »

no other ideas?? i considered all these ones but nothing... the problem is still here... =(

maverickk89
Forum Noob

Post by maverickk89 »

10010 1111 10 wrote:You have SOMETHING blocking people from accessing your ports, be it a router or some other firewall (like Windows Firewall maybe). Only you can find that something since it's on your computer, but that IS the problem.
however also one of my friends had this problem... monday he doesn't have any problem, yesterday he had the same mine problem...

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

you guys have automatic updates that probably installed something for whatever program is blocking it, find out what programs you have that are the same

Return to “Support”