War against smurfers

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
lightnessking.
Nemesis

War against smurfers

Post by lightnessking. »

Hey, I'm lightnessking and pretty sick of all the smurfing people in this lobby.

I'm asking if it's able to have a feature to all users to check the lobby names people are using,
for example:

I create 3 users named: one, two and three
Now every user in this lobby can see I made the players: one, two and three

In this way you can track anyone to check if they're smurfing or not.

My explanation might suck, so take time reading it. Thank you.

{edit}
Or have everyone only allow to create 1 user, to prevent any smurfing.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

inola
Nemesis

Re: War against smurfers

Post by inola »

Welcome to Empire Earth.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Whether or not smurfs are allowed into games is at the host's discretion. If you don't like playing with smurfs then you need to kick them or find a host that will kick them.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

That's the point, there is no way to locate smurfers if they make a new lobby account & start smurfing.
In this way hosts will kick potential smurfs which can be new players, and kicking new players will make them quit.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

WTFRABBITZ

thor
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: pM_Thor

Post by thor »

The point of this thread is hilarious. Clearly the creator just wants to know the face of the man who kills him each game.
pM_Thor

SKULLS
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] SKULLS

Post by SKULLS »

Not true. I feel what the creator is saying. I get very upset when i try to host training games and the person who looks new is really a smurf and the training session is over. Very sad because makes the new player not want to play. Unfortunately Mike is right. Welcome to EE. Has been like this since ee came out. Ghost is also right. If you think its a smurf ask who it is. No response and u still have that feeling then kik and give an explanation why.
Strength and Honor

ChriscsHunter
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Rogue Hunter

Post by ChriscsHunter »

SKULLS wrote:I feel what the creator is saying. I get very upset when i try to host training games and the person who looks new is really a smurf and the training session is over. Very sad because makes the new player not want to play.
This is very true... I'm still trying to get back in the swing of this game, and its very hard to get a decent worth while game going. Especially when I'm hosting and can't recognize the same 2 or 3 players teaming up to request they move the teams around, because they keep switching up their names and logging out.
SKULLS wrote:Unfortunately Mike is right. Welcome to EE. Has been like this since ee came out. Ghost is also right. If you think its a smurf ask who it is. No response and u still have that feeling then kik and give an explanation why.
And unfortunately it's not that simple... As a new player I got accused of smurfing a few dozen times over and getting kicked for that crap wasn't a very friendly welcome.

I propose at the very least making the registration process a little tighter than typing a random username and password. I understand it would be harder for new players to join, but obviously they are going to have to come to this site anyway to to obtain the lobby client. Honestly is there anywhere you can register without putting in an email?

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

gud idea. email verification wud be worthwhile

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Yeah maybe we should also have to type in our social security number to register. That would make it harder to smurf.

ChriscsHunter
Forum Noob

Post by ChriscsHunter »

P-51 wrote:Yeah maybe we should also have to type in our social security number to register. That would make it harder to smurf.
I would rather not get in a pissing contest with your obvious inadequate mentality towards compromise, and hope you refrain from making a mockery of a sensible idea. In short; If you have nothing plausible to add, don't bother commenting.

Email verification isn't as subservient as you try to make it seem. It would solve an issue, and if this were to create an issue for anyone then perhaps they shouldn't be online to begin with.

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

ChriscsHunter wrote:
P-51 wrote:Yeah maybe we should also have to type in our social security number to register. That would make it harder to smurf.
I would rather not get in a pissing contest with your obvious inadequate mentality towards compromise, and hope you refrain from making a mockery of a sensible idea. In short; If you have nothing plausible to add, don't bother commenting.
Someone who actually gets it, finally!

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

ChriscsHunter wrote:

Email verification isn't as subservient as you try to make it seem. It would solve an issue, and if this were to create an issue for anyone then perhaps they shouldn't be online to begin with.
An issue? Seriously? You people want to do shit now just for the sake of change (that explains how Obama got elected). Are you going to cry about someone smurfing into your game? If you really think this is something worth bitching about maybe you should stick to single player. Its part of the game, get over it. There is no reason to be providing extraneous personal information for something so insignificant.

ChriscsHunter
Forum Noob

Post by ChriscsHunter »

Wow 10 years ago
Last edited by ChriscsHunter on Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “EE General Discussion”